Page 208 of 322 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 6431

Thread: UAAP Season 82

Quote Originally Posted by r1ck View Post
    Rivero should have followed Ayo and Paraiso to UST, that fast paced system is ideal for him.

Baltazar developing a 3 point shot is a pleasant surprise I think he hit at least two today, great to see a promising player further develop his game.
    There seems to be a conscious effort by Baltazar to extend his shooting range to the 3-pt. arc for him to be recognized as a legit "stretch-4". He already has a decent medium-range shot, adding a respectable 3-pt. shooting would further expand his offensive game. This could only be a good development in so far as the possibility of Baltazar playing for the National team. He could be among the best local "four" available for the National team in the near future.

This is what I like about the presence of foreign players in the collegiate leagues. Without foreign players in the UAAP, Baltazar would be matched-up against 6-foot-5/6-foot-6 "soft" and less skilled local bigs. Baltazar would just outmuscle his "soft" defenders on back-to-the-basket post up plays & won't take enough outside shots. Why take outside shots when you can easily outmuscle your defenders inside the paint?

With these good size foreign players in the UAAP, Baltazar is being trained to score & defend the shaded lane against equally tall, or even taller, physically strong & athletic defenders. It also compels Baltazar to develop & improve his medium-range & 3-pt. shooting.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    About Paras, I think he can drive to the basket, but the problem with him is he doesn't know what to do when he's already in the paint and just throw the ball in the air hoping it will went in (tirang takot).
    What's to be afraid of? How intimidating are the UE players defense? He's seen much better competition, so I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    What's to be afraid of? How intimidating are the UE players defense? He's seen much better competition, so I doubt that.
    I think the word "tirang takot" is a figurative word that doesn't exactly mean the player taking the shot is scared of the defense. It only means tira na parang may kinatatakutan.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I think the word "tirang takot" is a figurative word that doesn't exactly mean the player taking the shot is scared of the defense. It only means tira na parang may kinatatakutan.
    May kinatatakutan like what? Maybe getting undercut? I don't really know chongson except for the Paul Lee controversy but is he that type of a coach?

I agree. He should finish with more finesse than those shots he took vs UE. Be more like his idols, James Yap and Cyrus Baguio. He is headless after 2 dribbles attacking the paint. He is 6'6 and takes floaters and fadeaways against 6'3 6'4 defenders. No creativity eh. James Yap has those side step jumpers, one handers. Cyrus Baguio has those dipsey doos, cross over pull ups.

is there a game today?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    May kinatatakutan like what? Maybe getting undercut? I don't really know chongson except for the Paul Lee controversy but is he that type of a coach?
    I think that spidey10227 wasn't suggesting that may kinatatakutan si Kobe. Its just that yung "manner" of shot ni Kobe during drives eh kung minsan parang tirang takot. Its not to say that may kinatatakutan si kobe when driving to the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    is there a game today?
    Ateneo-NU at 2 PM
    UST-FEU at 4 PM

I think that spidey10227 wasn't suggesting that may kinatatakutan si Kobe. Its just that yung "manner" of shot ni Kobe during drives eh kung minsan parang tirang takot. Its not to say that may kinatatakutan si kobe when driving to the lane.
    Then maybe it's his shot selection. Maybe those shots looked bad because they were forced shots. Maybe he should learn controlled aggression

Ricci so far hasn't been entirely bad but just glaringly meh. He's only averaging 5.6 points per while playing sub 22mins(he only played 15 vs UE). The guy can't play PG and the #2 spot in UP is being split between 3-4 players. He's only had about 4-5 made 3pt shots(2nd most in the team) which in reality isnt surprising as UP doesn't make a lot anyways. Apart from the UST game his +/- has either been 1 or 0. He's obviously due a breakout game eventually but imo this looks just about the most you can get out of Ricci under Bo's "system".

*PS. Does anyone know where one could find UAAP stats for all the teams? All I had to go by where the printed stats posted by UP's FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    I agree. He should finish with more finesse than those shots he took vs UE. Be more like his idols, James Yap and Cyrus Baguio. He is headless after 2 dribbles attacking the paint. He is 6'6 and takes floaters and fadeaways against 6'3 6'4 defenders. No creativity eh. James Yap has those side step jumpers, one handers. Cyrus Baguio has those dipsey doos, cross over pull ups.
    I think it would be better for Kobe if whenever he drives at na clog yung shaded lane, he will just stop on a dime and just take a jump shot. Kobe has that accurate short-range jumper using the glass. Magaling sya mag bankshot at close range. That I think would be better than taking alahoy na tira which is much less accurate.

People can brag all you want on up players gone re
    gressed.. as long as the mind is locked in "the end goal"
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    People can brag all you want on up players gone re
    gressed.. as long as the mind is locked in "the end goal"
    End goal which is Final 4...Forget about Championship, unless major injiry to ADMU starting 5,no way UP will defeat Ateneo...

Ateneo-NU at 2 PM
    UST-FEU at 4 PM
    ooh wow. good games.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I don't know...Ateneo right now is manhandling NU at the moment. NU tried to take advantage of Ateneos poor outside shooting at the start...didnt work

NU has no weakside movement. Puro 3 man play, attack, drop pass/kickout

grabe yung ateneo parang walang 8 days layoff. dave ildefonso destroying NU.

NU has talented players but their ball movement is bad, once Ildefonso gets the ball its like 80% percent of the time he is gonna take the a shot regardless if he has a good look or not. Gaye has a decent post game why wont they go to him more often or at least start their sets off him getting the ball down the post.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ck View Post
    NU has talented players but their ball movement is bad, once Ildefonso gets the ball its like 80% percent of the time he is gonna take the a shot regardless if he has a good look or not. Gaye has a decent post game why wont they go to him more often or at least start their sets off him getting the ball down the post.
    he has much to learn. the ball takes too long in his hands and he doesnt play good defense. he always leave adrian wong.

sa larong kalye may isa pang tawag diyan.. Balibag Tae.. yung gawain nung mga nakatira in the slums na walang CR basta na lang ihahagis yung etsas nila na nasa plastic bags or sometimes wrap in a newspaper bahala na kung sang bubongan tumama yung etsas nila Lols
    Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 09-22-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Page 208 of 322 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast