Page 189 of 302 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 6028

Thread: UAAP Season 82

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I hope it's Manzo's last year. Can't wait to see a full time Juan-Spencer backcourt.

I am giving Ricci the benefit of the doubt. If we can give Cansino some leeway for his injury, I think the same thing can be said of Ricci due to his inactivity. He wasn't even part of the BLIA stint, maybe injured that time. But I'm really close to considering him an overrated player. PG skills still shaky, shooting still unreliable. The good thing for him is he's got a high floor. He is a two way player that possess some length and elite athleticism.
    Ricci is a modern day Paul Alvarez.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

My theory is Tamayo has a chronic injury that is not being operated on since he is still growing. Probably got this injury when he bulked up and dominated inside for the disqualified but dominant AdU team.

Since then his coach has been limiting his minutes and playing him off the bench. When he does play hard internationally he gets injured. Hopefully whatever ails him is fixable.

He might be chronically damaged goods already who is just waiting for a job. If the injuries are minor, or typical one-timer like an mcl/acl issue, he would have volunteered the information or allowed others to publicize it. Instead no one really hears about him unlike top prospects like kai, paras or baltazar because they know they are a lot better than other ballers. A high-quality and healthy player will "facebook" or twit what is happening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    My theory is Tamayo has a chronic injury that is not being operated on since he is still growing. Probably got this injury when he bulked up and dominated inside for the disqualified but dominant AdU team.

Since then his coach has been limiting his minutes and playing him off the bench. When he does play hard internationally he gets injured. Hopefully whatever ails him is fixable.

He slipped and fell during the 3x3 u18. It wasn’t that serious but coach Magsanoc didn’t want to let him play (probably because of NU). Let’s hope he isn’t gonna be injury prone in the future

Is that Sheena Sheena YT channel gonna ls the games tomorrow?

Tamayo might need change his shoes. He needs something tougher and bulkier like a LBJ or a Under Armour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Asean national team for october

Center: slaughter and kouame
    Power forward: standhardinger and sotto and go
    Small forward: paras and baltazar
    Shooting guard: abando, thirdy and javi gdl
    Point guard: pringle and juan gdl

Team has fiba internationally-competitive size, athleticism, at least 6 2way players, and reliably accurate shooters proven under high pressure. No stupid dribbling midgets at all. Enough young players for 2023 exposure. True lock-down abilities by centers and forwards of the shaded lane for hard zone defenses. Minimum disturbance of pba rosters.

This team cant even be beaten by guiao's national team.

This team is genuine comfort food: it should win by at least 30 points per game in any asean tournament including the abl.

Obviously there are other deserving pba and collegiate players. The sbp can change up to 4 players per international tournament to broaden selection flexibility without harming and disrupting teamsmanship.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 09-17-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Asean national team for october

Center: slaughter and kouame
    Power forward: standhardinger and sotto and go
    Small forward: paras and baltazar
    Shooting guard: abando, thirdy and javi gdl
    Point guard: pringle and juan gdl

Team has fiba internationally-competitive size, athleticism, at least 6 2way players, and reliably accurate shooters proven under high pressure. No stupid dribbling midgets at all. Enough young players for 2023 exposure. True lock-down abilities by centers and forwards of the shaded lane for hard zone defenses. Minimum disturbance of pba rosters.

This team cant even be beaten by guiao's national team.

This team is genuine comfort food: it should win by at least 30 points per game in any asean tournament including the abl.

Obviously there are other deserving pba and collegiate players. The sbp can change up to 4 players per international tournament to broaden selection flexibility without harming and disrupting teamsmanship.
    Almost the same with my list. But I could have included Tamayo if only he was not injured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    For the 1 position. If plays the sg position he loses those advantages.. maybe he's injured and have trouble adjusting to his teammates. I'd take Ildefonso, Abando, Thirdy, and Cansino over him. And I don't think he can be converted to a PG. Not with Juan and the other designated PGs on his team
    I couldn't agree with you more. I just don't see any improvement in Ricci's in so far as his conversion to point guard is concerned. Nevertheless, I still want to give him more time to improve, maybe I'll give him one more year to develop point guard character before I can conclude whether he has the potential to play the position or none.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    Weird that KP only got credited with 1 assist when clearly, he assisted Ricci on one and on another to Javi for one of the most important bucket in that ballgame.
    That nice drop pass he dished-off to Akhuetie would have been credited as another assist but as usual, Akhuetie missed the lay-up.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Tamayo might need change his shoes. He needs something tougher and bulkier like a LBJ or a Under Armour.
    No shoes could make him athletic or quicker

I say Tamayo needs to trim his weight in order to somehow improve his jump & his agility.

@ccharmed

Only 3 PBA players? I doubt if our sports officials would be confident with that considering that we are the host & knowing well how our EPAL sports officials value SEA Games basketball gold medal.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. I just don't see any improvement in Ricci's in so far as his conversion to point guard is concerned. Nevertheless, I still want to give him more time to improve, maybe I'll give him one more year to develop point guard character before I can conclude whether he has the potential to play the position or none.
    Same case with Cansino. Some people are still hoping he can be converted into a pg because of his size. There's no way he'll develop into one with Subido and Nonoy playing for UST. Ayo loves using shoot first small pg

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    @ccharmed

Only 3 PBA players? I doubt if our sports officials would be confident with that considering that we are the host & knowing well how our EPAL sports officials value SEA Games basketball gold medal.
    there are supposed to be 24 players in the national team pool. minimizing complaints from pba and uaap team managers is a real major consideration. 6 pba players in, if team owners allow them. as i said, the 12 i mentioned would have more than an even chance to defeat the guiao nt. it can actually be tested! i honestly believe the team can also withstand a 4-import abl team.

it should be evident that my concern is more about forming an experienced internationally competitive 24-man pool for 2023. each reiteration of the team must win as many asean/asian tournaments through "7 habits/characteristics of winning nt teams".
    Last edited by ccharmed; 09-18-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    there are supposed to be 24 players in the national team pool. minimizing complaints from pba and uaap team managers is a real major consideration. 6 pba players in, if team owners allow them. as i said, the 12 i mentioned would have more than an even chance to defeat the guiao nt. it can actually be tested! i honestly believe the team can also withstand a 4-import abl team.
    wow, no love for NCAA? if its just a pool, I would love to see nelle, oftana, and ambohot at the very least in there.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Quote Originally Posted by C2Hamm View Post
    wow, no love for NCAA? if its just a pool, I would love to see nelle, oftana, and ambohot at the very least in there.
    nelle, oftana and ambohot are fine players. and yes, they can be in the final 12 if they are in the 24-man pool. i actually dont have an idea who will be in the september nt pool.

Actually that's the consequence of a flawed structure system. there is really no reason why good NCAA teams should not be playing regularly vs UAAP teams ( keep the saturation , and concentrate the best to play each other regularly), the fact a whole group of players are left out .. is tama, correct. (no choice with lack of prep time).. that's really a result of the flawed system

You can't fault people for forgetting the NCAA still exists with the way the manCOM handles the league.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Actually that's the consequence of a flawed structure system. there is really no reason why good NCAA teams should not be playing regularly vs UAAP teams ( keep the saturation , and concentrate the best to play each other regularly), the fact a whole group of players are left out .. is tama, correct. (no choice with lack of prep time).. that's really a result of the flawed system
    San Beda I think is not even a lock to make the final 4 in the UAAP. They played adamson to the end during the fil oil that was with Adamson not playing with Chauca. They should also be better at that point since they were closer to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    You can't fault people for forgetting the NCAA still exists with the way the manCOM handles the league.
    and soon they’ll gonna limit fil-foreigners per team..

Page 189 of 302 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast