Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1875

Thread: UAAP Season 82

I really liked la salle's recruitment effort. They looked at the legal ways to throw the kitchen sink at ateneo and other pretenders to the throne. A fire or ice dragon will do, just to spite your implacable enemy.

Okay na iyan kaysa basagan ng windshield pagkatapos ng game nuong unang panahon namin.

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Huwag namang masyadong malupit. The ncaa will just live with the choices they make. On a humbler level, i think the ncaa simply accepted that they cannot undertake the expensive arms race happening in the uaap. They are safe because there are no big boys from la salle, ateneo or nu to make them look bad. The prideful alumni of la salle and ateneo -- we wont even bother with the other ambitious or moneyed uaap teams -- will never want to see their team go down in flames, and several million pesos a year in alumni support can guarantee that.

Medyo mahal talaga recruitment and upkeep costs ng competent bigs. I think the ncaa will just be happy to supply the small ballers for the pba and mpbl. Okay na rin iyon.
    even my unheralded school adamson are better funded than most of the ncaa teams. i think only san beda could beat my school there.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

That Keyshawn Evans looks absolutely 0 percent filipino

Troy Rike did much more harm than good for NU. He was mostly forgettable last year now more teams arw gonna exploit that one and done rule.

I wonder how much these guys get paid per month. It might be PBA starter level now

If these one-and-dones bring DLSU a championship, don't be surprised if the league bans one-and-dones next season....

How does the UAAP determine Filipino lineage? This process might become stricter in the future as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Putting coach Tab in charge of Ateneo is a brilliant move. Not only is ateneo dominating but several players are being developed for the future of the national team. Not just that every UAAP team is now upping their level to try and compete, the size and athleticism not to mention skill for each team the coming season is going to be so high.
    I like how in the UAAP everyone is forced to up game whether its in recruiting or actually developing players. Higher quality players coming out of UAAP schools can only mean good things for PH basketball in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    how good is this James Laput? Any PBA comparison? Bonnel Balingit type, 6-9 Ali Peek type, 6-9 Bradwyn Guinto, 6-9 Taha?
    His biggest asset is his body, for a Filipino he's not only strong but has a good motor (quite active)
    Lacks skill, doesn't have good feel for game and timing

Safe to say his impact is on rebounding and defence he reminds me of that Lasalle big who was a model.. (who was definitely useful for Lasalle
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    even my unheralded school adamson are better funded than most of the ncaa teams. i think only san beda could beat my school there.
    The problem for the NCAA is talent level and coaching of San Beda is miles ahead of the closest competition. Even the UAAP champs would have hard time beating them. Coach Fernandez is one of the most underrated coaches around. While the bigger schools are going after the big names San Beda is busy recruiting red cubs and unheralded players from the province and abroad. While the other NCAA schools are just sitting on their a$$es waiting for rejects and leftovers. SBU trains abroad every summer while the other schools are busy doing whatever.

You recruit 6'2 bigmen like Quinto and wonder why you can't beat San Beda's frontline. 5'8 midgets who are worse than Fortea and Padrigao are the norm in the league and you wonder why Bolick or Canlas ran wild every damn game. And the genuises think that banning foreigners will somehow improve their chances against San Beda. Yup foreigners are the problem. Not your bad basketball players and sucky coaches.

Sorry for the rant

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    The problem for the NCAA is talent level and coaching of San Beda is miles ahead of the closest competition. Even the UAAP champs would have hard time beating them. Coach Fernandez is one of the most underrated coaches around. While the bigger schools are going after the big names San Beda is busy recruiting red cubs and unheralded players from the province and abroad. While the other NCAA schools are just sitting on their a$$es waiting for rejects and leftovers. SBU trains abroad every summer while the other schools are busy doing whatever.

You recruit 6'2 bigmen like Quinto and wonder why you can't beat San Beda's frontline. 5'8 midgets who are worse than Fortea and Padrigao are the norm in the league and you wonder why Bolick or Canlas ran wild every damn game. And the genuises think that banning foreigners will somehow improve their chances against San Beda. Yup foreigners are the problem. Not your bad basketball players and sucky coaches.

Sorry for the rant
    These schools your referring to are not sitting next on a their asses but are constrained by a very limited funds . They dont have a very benevolent and generous patron on MVP like Ateneo in the UAAP. You should make assestment and take consideration San Bedas status before MVP got into the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    His biggest asset is his body, for a Filipino he's not only strong but has a good motor (quite active)
    Lacks skill, doesn't have good feel for game and timing

Safe to say his impact is on rebounding and defence he reminds me of that Lasalle big who was a model.. (who was definitely useful for Lasalle
    So a bigger bodied Arnold Van Opstal, so he has good motors. Is he better Batang Gilas Chui, then he couod be serviceable for La Salle, much better players at present than Bates...

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJaRuIOg9o4

Orme in action. Explosive, plays above the rim. Checked his stats and he can hit his 3s in a respectable clip (32%). At 6' 7", he's gonna be a match up problem in UAAP.
    Will he be used as a stretch 4 or his natural position as 3...It would be a pleasure watching Orme vs. PARAS aerial showdown..

Its also nice that at leasr the arms race involves our One and done Filfors and not African mercenaries. At least may chance we can uncover some eligible Filfors for Gilas...

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    If these one-and-dones bring DLSU a championship, don't be surprised if the league bans one-and-dones next season....

How does the UAAP determine Filipino lineage? This process might become stricter in the future as well.
    These players definitely has their parents record which they can access from various US government agencies concerned. These official records and can be easily be authenticated by the UAAP Board and because of the highly advance IT used by the US government agencies, these papers can be verified, checked and authenticated by their embassy.

Let's see what happens. Pat Maagdenberg's papers didn't make it in time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
    These schools your referring to are not sitting next on a their asses but are constrained by a very limited funds . They dont have a very benevolent and generous patron on MVP like Ateneo in the UAAP. You should make assestment and take consideration San Bedas status before MVP got into the picture.
    EXACTLY

San Beda was just all the other NCAA schools now ... only worse!

They can't even keep their own Red Cubs and they didn't have a budget to improve their athlete's quarters back then.

If not for the imports really they wouldn't have attracted funding from MVP in the first place and now they think they're a legit powerhouse? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    https://youtu.be/WrGi4vtnUq4

Looks like UP opponent will be a Vanguard University (D2). Dlsu actually beat them last time lead by Ben Mbala and Ricci Rivero in overtime.
    I remember brandon cablay when we say vanguard u
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Will he be used as a stretch 4 or his natural position as 3...It would be a pleasure watching Orme vs. PARAS aerial showdown..
    paras needs to work on his on ball defense.everyone who has above average dribbling can blow by past his lousy defense probably the reason why he did not materialize in the us collegiate scene, but I think he still have time to improve that.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
    I could continue to point out what's wrong with the other programs but that would OT. FYI San Beda doesn't have unlimited and MVP isn't the only sole patron of the team. A lot of people contribute not just in the funding but in referrals, scouting etc. It's really more than just pouring lots of cash into a program if you want to win

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    EXACTLY

San Beda was just all the other NCAA schools now ... only worse!

They can't even keep their own Red Cubs and they didn't have a budget to improve their athlete's quarters back then.

If not for the imports really they wouldn't have attracted funding from MVP in the first place and now they think they're a legit powerhouse? LOL
    What's wrong with progress and improvement? Everyone improved except maybe the Damasos. San Beda has won how many titles now? In the NCAA and in other leagues? How many PBA players are graduates from the senior and junior program? In case you don't know it's not only in basketball that SBU is dominant. They're the NCAA General Champs for the last few years.

UP vs NCAA div 2 Vanguard Lions Live Stream Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrGi4vtnUq4
    They call me THE HERO.

Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast