Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 4

But I was told Papagiannis would average 12 points, easy. What happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    He averages 12 souvlakia per day..

Quote Originally Posted by childress67 View Post
    He averages 12 souvlakia per day..
    Beating the records that really matter

Man, everything you say reminds me of the average (bad) politician.

I wrote:
    " I don't know in which way Pascual is going to use him so I can't predict his offensive role in PAO. Anyway , he could easily contribute something like 10 pts/game- if he gets decent time in the court."

Please, use any functional brain cell you still have and try to figure out if there is any contradiction between a)what has happened so far and b) the above conditional preposition. You can make it!
    Winner of IBN Euroleague Prediction Game 2017-2018

Pasqual is using a 10 ppg -easily- player as a towel waver. He must hate having a job.

By the way, Derrick Walton Jr. made a great debut vs PAO. That's only the first game, but despite that fact, he played his first match in Europe and was sharing the ball effectively well. Few turnovers, but in overall he used his time very smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    By the way, Derrick Walton Jr. made a great debut vs PAO. That's only the first game, but despite that fact, he played his first match in Europe and was sharing the ball effectively well. Few turnovers, but in overall he used his time very smoothly.
    Surprisingly well. I believe it's an open question who will be the main PG once Walton adapt to the system and will play his best BB. Zalgiris again is final 4 material team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Pasqual is using a 10 ppg -easily- player as a towel waver. He must hate having a job.
    Have you watched him playing (a few) games with the NT and PAO? He was pretty efficient in offence and a liability (most of the times) in defence. Obviously, Pascual doesn't use him because of that.
    Understandable although I don't agree 100% with Pascual's choice.

Anyway, you better stop make a fool of yourself twisting past conversations, it's pathetic. Scripta manent.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Surprisingly well. I believe it's an open question who will be the main PG once Walton adapt to the system and will play his best BB. Zalgiris again is final 4 material team.
    Wolters isn't really pure PG, he is more like combo, feels great at SG spot even doesn't have reliable shot from beyond the arc, but loves to score more than create. They both with Walton can easily play together, even along with Westermann as SF. Overall, Walton really surprised me in a good way. Looks such a smart, calm player, with good bball IQ. No wonder Zalgiris was chasing him during the summer. Seems like another great scouting job by Saras and co. With Walkup adjusting, Birutis bit by bit showing some guts, Ulanovas and White waking up we look really good. Maybe Jankunas is still a bit clumsy, but he underwent few surgeries during summer, which bothered him for a long time, couldn't have full preparations cause of it, so he should be better with time. This team looks so deep now. I hope we'll finally manage to break this long losing streak vs Real on Friday, if I'm not wrong we've lost 10 games in a row vs Spaniards, very unsuitable opposition for us

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I hope we'll finally manage to break this long losing streak vs Real on Friday, if I'm not wrong we've lost 10 games in a row vs Spaniards, very unsuitable opposition for us
    Well you had a good start breaking the losing the losing streak in Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Have you watched him playing (a few) games with the NT and PAO? He was pretty efficient in offence and a liability (most of the times) in defence. Obviously, Pascual doesn't use him because of that.
    Understandable although I don't agree 100% with Pascual's choice.

Anyway, you better stop make a fool of yourself twisting past conversations, it's pathetic. Scripta manent.
    He can't do a single thing in offence. Not a single thing. Depending on your point guard to find you wide open under the basket doesn't make you efficient.
    He has the footwork of an elephant in heels.

He can't do a single thing in offence. Not a single thing. Depending on your point guard to find you wide open under the basket doesn't make you efficient.
    Before he left for the NBA, he was averaging 5 points in minutes (A1 and Euroleague). I don't think it's that much of a stretch to believe that he could make 4 field goals and 2 free throws in 10 minutes after spending 2 years in the NBA. Additionally, he used to have good speed and coordination for somebody of his size.

They say that hindsight is 20/20 so yeah, he showed up in horrible shape and he can't guard anybody (never was his strong suit) but his size should be enough for some offensive output. He has a very good right hook shot and he had worked on his left.

Now, of course he can't play at this moment, but again, I don't think we made a bad deal signing him given his talent (and passport). Hopefully he'll show some work ethic (also, not his strong suit).

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Before he left for the NBA, he was averaging 5 points in minutes (A1 and Euroleague). I don't think it's that much of a stretch to believe that he could make 4 field goals and 2 free throws in 10 minutes after spending 2 years in the NBA. Additionally, he used to have good speed and coordination for somebody of his size.
    Bobby Brown returned to Europe from the NBA too, it didn't stop him from looking fat and 10 years older than his actual age.

Papagiannis can definitely make 4 field goals a game, as long as someone gives him the ball when he's alone under the basket 4 times.
    But just about any center can do that and they wouldn't be as awful defensively.

Schortsanitis was 'fat' at his thinnest but Schortsanitis was talented and strong and knew how to use it. This guy doesn't have any of that. He didn't improve any part of his game over the last couple of years, he probably regressed even.
    Maybe he can end up a decent player at some point but I don't see how he becomes someone you consistently give minutes too or someone who scores 10 points without it being a fluke.

This guy doesn't have any of that. He didn't improve any part of his game over the last couple of years, he probably regressed even.
    Maybe he can end up a decent player at some point but I don't see how he becomes someone you consistently give minutes too or someone who scores 10 points without it being a fluke.
    You are correct. Given the shape he showed up in, it can't happen. As I said we just hope that he'll put in some work.

After i watched pana and oly vs mta i confirm none of this three teams have f8 chances

Nonsense. You haven't seen a single game of Pap or simply you lie. He has scored many points with follow (most of them quite impressive dunks) , with hook or with FT and only once after an assist when he was wide open. You have the cold objectivity of a Taliban criticizing Americans.

Anyway, it's natural. You began twisting conversations and you end it twisting facts. When he had played some "decent time" vs France NT (he was the top scorer in GNT) you didn't comment about his performance. Week 4, when he didn't play for a single second, it was the perfect time to speak about his offencive abilities. That's who you are
    Last edited by Adon; 10-28-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    After i watched pana and oly vs mta i confirm none of this three teams have f8 chances
    Are you sure? Do you want to bet on that? I mean the old good bet in which the winner chooses the avatar of the loser for one year. Say yes, it would be fun.

Are you sure? Do you want to bet on that? I mean the old good bet in which the winner chooses the avatar of the loser for one year. Say yes, it would be fun.
    dont like to bet. simply technical reasons
    pana has amediocre roster. a team that still have minutes by players like lasme and gist has no chance. also chalates your best player, is a great assist man but i cant consider a n.1 position who is unable to score, specially by three
    oly is a good tam,not enought to get f8. anyway surely out from f4. blatt is a problem for oly. his bball org is so far from oly bball perimetral mark. also ,even gods of bball like spanoulis will get older. Goss, the best one ,is marvellous as any team has at leat one marvellous star

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    dont like to bet. simply technical reasons
    pana has amediocre roster. a team that still have minutes by players like lasme and gist has no chance. also chalates your best player, is a great assist man but i cant consider a n.1 position who is unable to score, specially by three
    oly is a good tam,not enought to get f8. anyway surely out from f4. blatt is a problem for oly. his bball org is so far from oly bball perimetral mark. also ,even gods of bball like spanoulis will get older. Goss, the best one ,is marvellous as any team has at leat one marvellous star
    Agreed, Pao is disappointing.
    The roster is not perfect, it's not mediocre either. Imo the performance of certain players through out the season is a big bet. I think that we are watching the lower limit of Pao's potential at the moment. Calathes and Gist are in bad shape, Lojeski was absent, Mitoglou is still trying to adjust at his new role and Papagiannis doesn't play at all, which is a mistake as I've explained in another thread. Lasme was a bad choice, hands down. He looks old because...he is. And Leka is not the proper back up.

Btw, Calathes CAN score very well, he is (usually) a very mediocre 3pt shooter and this season is even worse than that. Probably it's a phase and he will reach something like 30% , as always.

Oly looks better than Pao, not big difference though and imo time is not on their side. Span and Pridezis will show increased signs of rigor mortis as the season goes by. And both are the engine of the team. Blatt is a blessing for Oly, as long as the red fans will give him credit. His real work will be shown in the next season - if he won't be chased away by then. In Pireaus, they are not famous for their patience.

At least one of Pao, Oly and MTA will advance to F8. Almost a certainty. It was wise to refuse the bet.

Agreed, Pao is disappointing.
    The roster is not perfect, it's not mediocre either. Imo the performance of certain players through out the season is a big bet. I think that we are watching the lower limit of Pao's potential at the moment. Calathes and Gist are in bad shape, Lojeski was absent, Mitoglou is still trying to adjust at his new role and Papagiannis doesn't play at all, which is a mistake as I've explained in another thread. Lasme was a bad choice, hands down. He looks old because...he is. And Leka is not the proper back up.

Btw, Calathes CAN score very well, he is (usually) a very mediocre 3pt shooter and this season is even worse than that. Probably it's a phase and he will reach something like 30% , as always.

Oly looks better than Pao, not big difference though and imo time is not on their side. Span and Pridezis will show increased signs of rigor mortis as the season goes by. And both are the engine of the team. Blatt is a blessing for Oly, as long as the red fans will give him credit. His real work will be shown in the next season - if he won't be chased away by then. In Pireaus, they are not famous for their patience.

At least one of Pao, Oly and MTA will advance to F8. Almost a certainty. It was wise to refuse the bet.
    Mediocre means average, not good not bad. Calathes is bad 3 pt shooter and terrible ft shooter for a guard. Career average %28 at 3 pt, %55 at ft. That means his score is very uneffective. For a franchise player, his poor shooting performance make Pao fail to reach F4.

On the other hand Pao and Oly will qualify top8. They are not mediocre team certainly above average. If Pao and Oly is not enough to be top8, who will be. Top8 must be insist of 8 teams right After Real Cska and Fener ; Oly&Pao are the strongest teams

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234