Euroleague Regular Season: Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adon View Post
    Bullshit! If he was good, Fener would have signed him.
    Fener must have missed him this time, or maybe they prefered to invest their budget on other players.
    Wilbekin is great, even without Jeremy Pargo that is missing because of an injury – Scottie carries the team om him and he is a very good player.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
      Bullshit! If he was good, Fener would have signed him.
      No surprise to see him mvp of the game. He was eurocup mvp and Buducnost is eurocup level team.

We do not need one man-show we are complete strong team. Maccabi 1-2 right now and will compete to be top8 barely. Wilbekin is perfect choice for Maccabi's level and goal not for us. We need players who will be the part of the team. No need to give all control to some one.

Comment

But it's really absurd to believe he can't be "a part of the team." Nothing about Wilbekin has shown he just wants to play hero ball. His style is similar to Dixon's. They're both shoot-first PGs who can play within the confines of an offense. Wilbekin is just a bit bigger which makes him a better defender and gives his offensive game a little more balance by being able to score in the lane.

Equating him with significantly inferior players like McCollum and Goudeluck (both of whom aren't PGs at all, which Wilbekin is) because they both spent time in Eurocup is silliness.

Fener chose the cheaper Dixon over Wilbekin this season. That's fine for them. It's not because Wilbekin is a selfish player who can't play team basketball or because he'd ruin Fener's "system." He was just too expensive with the buyout. Move on and stop trying to create false narratives.

Comment

So, if you are great player like Wilbekin or Shved, that's means that you are selfish. Maybe Irving, Curry, Harden, Westbrook etc are also selfish players...

Pity we have no more so selfish players in Euroelague like Scottie and Shved.

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
            So, if you are great player like Wilbekin or Shved, that's means that you are selfish. Maybe Irving, Curry, Harden, Westbrook etc are also selfish players...

It’s difficult to find more efficient way of scoring in basketball, if you shots 50% for 3 like Shved is doing this year. The problem emerge, when you’re shooting around 30% in a big volume, like Shved was doing last year. The same goes with James. Who mostly shots under 30%. Are they very good players? They for sure are, but to be effective for their team, they should have better % or shoot less or at least be much better in D. Wilbekin is imho the best player of this 3, because his shots selection is much better and he at least try in D. Top 3 Pg in Europe at the moment. Calathes might be much better as true Pg, but without shooting he’s almost useless in playoffs and F4.
            Last edited by Killer Bob; 10-19-2018, 01:20 PM.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

Wilbekin and Shved are not great players. They are very talented, but Shved didn't prosper until he got himself a team built to let him do what he wants. And when he has all the reins of decision making it didn't end well. He has his deficiencies, such as decision making, defense, mental fortitude etc.

Wilbekin seems mentally stronger and has better defense, but he isn't at Shved's level in offense AND he didn't show anything in big stage yet. If he carries Maccabi to the final four or something he could be counted among great players we have seen in Europe. Some regular season outbursts don't count for much in my book.
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

We always find a player to be obsessed about on IBN.

as you know by now I think Wilbekin is great, and I was campaigning for him due to Efes's disastrous guard situation last year. but that does not mean I have to compare him to others, or propose if he's better or worse than Dixon, for example, whom I've always respected ever since I've seen with Karsiyaka. as I said before, I'm just happy we have two home-grown talents at PG for NT
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                  It’s difficult to find more efficient way of scoring in basketball, if you shots 50% for 3 like Shved is doing this year. The problem emerge, when you’re shooting around 30% in a big volume, like Shved was doing last year. The same goes with James. Who mostly shots under 30%. Are they very good players? They for sure are, but to be effective for their team, they should have better % or shoot less or at least be much better in D. Wilbekin is imho the best player of this 3, because his shots selection is much better and he at least try in D. Top 3 Pg in Europe at the moment. Calathes might be much better as true Pg, but without shooting he’s almost useless in playoffs and F4.
                  Well, Baskonia played F4 with James. Ofc there were also Bour, Adams etc. but this means that James can be dangerous weapon in good system with good coach. About Shved, last season his 3pts percent in PO against CSKA was 39%, that's very good but for success they need more quality rest of the team. For example give him Chacho indstead of Markovic and he will be even more dangerous for oponent.
                  PS. A igree for Calathes.

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                  Wilbekin and Shved are not great players. They are very talented, but Shved didn't prosper until he got himself a team built to let him do what he wants. And when he has all the reins of decision making it didn't end well. He has his deficiencies, such as decision making, defense, mental fortitude etc.

Wilbekin seems mentally stronger and has better defense, but he isn't at Shved's level in offense AND he didn't show anything in big stage yet. If he carries Maccabi to the final four or something he could be counted among great players we have seen in Europe. Some regular season outbursts don't count for much in my book.
                  Acutally, they are great players (Shved best in Europe imo). And like I said in post before, one player is not enough for success. Or we should say that Anthony Davis is not great player in NBA until Pelicans win NBA? I wonder if Sloukas can lead this Maccabi to F4... Same for Khimki, Bartzokas was on some drugs when he signed Bost, not even EC calibre player.

I can agree that Shved forcing too much in some moments but it's also about coach. I wonder what is Bartzokas role in Khimki...

Comment

James was in Laboral more backup or joker guy than anything else. 10/2.5/2.5 in 20 minutes. And his shooting was the best in his career. Shved is much better player obviously, but it’s interesting, why to give someone 4 mio net and not having enough money to build proper team around him or maybe someone in Russia has just to much money.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

James isn't a primary option on a good team, imo. Just too inefficient.

Shved is usually very efficient, but he does have his weaknesses, and his price tag will scare the top clubs away. He won't win anything of note at Khimki. But if he took a price cut and took over the de Colo role for CSKA, then the narrative on him will change.

Same with Wilbekin. His weaknesses aren't as glaring as Shved's, although Wilbekin has less of a track record of offensive brilliance. But if he's not in the NBA like he probably will be after his Maccabi contract, and he takes a pay cut to sign with, say, Fener, he'll accomplish plenty of team achievements.

Comment

I can't remember when I last time watched game in EL or EC without technical problems in hall. So embarrassing for euro bball.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
                          James isn't a primary option on a good team, imo. Just too inefficient.

Shved is usually very efficient, but he does have his weaknesses, and his price tag will scare the top clubs away. He won't win anything of note at Khimki. But if he took a price cut and took over the de Colo role for CSKA, then the narrative on him will change.

Same with Wilbekin. His weaknesses aren't as glaring as Shved's, although Wilbekin has less of a track record of offensive brilliance. But if he's not in the NBA like he probably will be after his Maccabi contract, and he takes a pay cut to sign with, say, Fener, he'll accomplish plenty of team achievements.
                          Shved had that role. He wasn't great but his percentages were better (I checked now). I guess he wants to be the alpha dog.

After his Turkish passport, I'm pretty sure we'll get our hands at Wilbekin when Dixon retires. I don't think he will be in NBA, not a cool place for point guards as of now.
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

I can't remember when I last time watched game in EL or EC without technical problems in hall. So embarrassing for euro bball.
                            I guess you're exaggerating, but it's definitely an issue. Maybe some fines would be an incentive for teams to get better.
                            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

I really LOVE Zalgiris player introductions. They really add a huge PR value to Euroleague.
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post

Same with Wilbekin. His weaknesses aren't as glaring as Shved's, although Wilbekin has less of a track record of offensive brilliance.
                                Shved is a brilliant player, but nowhere near De Colo, who is the most consistent player in the nowadays EL. In CSKA Shved will never get the role he has in Khimki, and this is a blessing for us, because Shved is killing all the other players in his team. Though I will be glad if smth changes in his manner this season and Khimki play better.
                                As for CSKA, we had 2 difficult games, but I'm all for it. I'd rather all the rest of the season was like that (difficult, I mean), so that we won't be too relaxed before the FF/
                                And IMO Wilbekin is potentionally much better than Shved/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information