Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    it's a strange approach , especially after Dixson’s performance and the way fener played against Khimki
    No not strange. We need players who will be part of the team. They will take responsibility sometimes but only we needed. Maccabi's 3 games showed that Wilbekin will decide everything. If he show some magic you will win , if not you lose. Fener is not that kind of them We won 3 games with 3 different mvp.Also our second mvp of the games were different.

Wilbekin could put good numbers, that doesnt make him one of the best but Stat quenn.

And here we come again.

This is only because Fener has more quality players than Maccabi. Wilbekin played with DiBartolomeo, Kane, Roll and some rookies in paint, you can't see difference?

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    And how Zalgiris looked for you in those 3 games? Everyone complained about small shooter number in the team, but we are shooting above 50%, the best in EL.
    It doesn't change the fact that we still lack shooters. As you wrote, we shoot very little form beyond the arc, we did this quite good, but this little shooting number is not cause of gameplan, it's simply cause we are missing shooting touch, so rivals can take the risks there and this makes our frontcourt work harder. Having one or two reliable shooters would help us a lot, would give more space in the paint. Maybe newcomer will help us here

The biggest problem for us now is Whites and Ulanovas laziness/cockiness, they have bigger contracts, but they are doing less, that last season.
    I wouldn't call this laziness or cockiness, no way. These two are not this kind of human beings overall. Just they can't find their game for now. Are out of the rhythm, but there are plenty of players like these at the start of the season, so let's give them time a bit. Expectations are really high on them, so pressure might be another factor. Walkup also looked dead in the beginning, but now he is starting to deliver bit by bit.

Overall, no matter the loss vs Fener, I really like how our game is developing. It looked really bad vs Baskonia, waful vs Neptunas, but games vs Efes and Fener gives me hope that we might be as good as we were last season. Ball movement is improving a lot, defense is getting better. I think we might give a good fight for play-offs spot once again.

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    Khimki ... what a joke they are. So many great players, so much money, and all they doing is let some egomaniac to do what he wants to do, to shoot in every single possession. They are disgusting!!! I hope that they will lose all games in euroleague this season, and I hope that some another russian team (Loko or Unics) will play in season 2019/20.
    The problem is not just Shved IMO. This season his shooting percentages are really good, 47% from 3s are great number with so much attempts made. The problem is how Khimki spent other money they had. Payin' crazy money for Markovic who plays crappy, extending Malcolm Thomas which was bad last season and give him another 1mln+ is also crazy, adding Mickey for 1,5mln... These are few millions which could've been spend way more wisely. Then you have little money left and you add some names like Crocker or Prather or freaking Bost... wtf. Maybe Crocker isn't bad, but you could add someone really better for a starting SF position having more than 20mln euro budget... Now we are witnessing the game, where everyone keeps searching Shved in offense, even if he is standing in the corner tired as f*ck. No one wants to take responsibility, lacking leader qualities. Shved is of course a ballhog, but he can live in a well working system, like f.e. in Russian NT in 2011/2012 and reach decent results

Hi guys, haven't posted in a million years but have been reading more or less on a steady basis. Wanted to share a thought: Especially at this early stage of the season but actually almost until the end, the game order makes it really difficult to know which team is really doing well and which just had the easier games, more home games etc. A much more telling table to determine whose chances of making the playoffs look good could be done in the following way:
    Class A teams are expected to win all their games and to qualify effortlessly.
    Class B teams are supposed to lose all games to class A ones, win the home games against class B ones and win all games against class C teams.
    Class C teams are not really supposed to be in contention for a playoff spot and are expected to lose all games.
    If a team wins or loses as it's "expected" to, the result is 0 points. An unexpected loss -1, an unexpected win +1. Now the tricky part of dividing the classes:
    Class A (places 1-3): Real, CSKA, Fener.
    Class B (fighting for places 4-12): Efes, Milano, Barca, Khimki, Baskonia, MTA, Oly, PAO, Zalgiris.
    Class C (13-16): Bayern, Buducnost, Dachka, GranCa.
    The interesting table is of course class B, or more specifically who's gonna snatch the first 5 spots. At the moment it goes like that:

4. Milano +1
    5. Oly +1
    6-9. Efes, Baskonia, MTA, Zalgiris 0
    10-11. PAO, Barca -1
    12. Khimki -2

What do you guys think? Does the table netter reflect your opinions on how good the teams actually look on court?

Quote Originally Posted by koyangi View Post
    What do you guys think? Does the table netter reflect your opinions on how good the teams actually look on court?
    Well, it's a decent effort to formalize something like the "strength of schedule". In a tournament where everybody plays with everybody though it's just a quick way to see the net difference between unexpected wins and losses. It doesn't offer some hidden insight. Your approach is ok but is heavily dependent on the classification (as you already said).

This comment is not intended to shit on your idea. Just saying that in this format, it doesn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that we still lack shooters. As you wrote, we shoot very little form beyond the arc, we did this quite good, but this little shooting number is not cause of gameplan, it's simply cause we are missing shooting touch, so rivals can take the risks there and this makes our frontcourt work harder. Having one or two reliable shooters would help us a lot, would give more space in the paint. Maybe newcomer will help us here

I wouldn't call this laziness or cockiness, no way. These two are not this kind of human beings overall. Just they can't find their game for now. Are out of the rhythm, but there are plenty of players like these at the start of the season, so let's give them time a bit. Expectations are really high on them, so pressure might be another factor. Walkup also looked dead in the beginning, but now he is starting to deliver bit by bit.

Overall, no matter the loss vs Fener, I really like how our game is developing. It looked really bad vs Baskonia, waful vs Neptunas, but games vs Efes and Fener gives me hope that we might be as good as we were last season. Ball movement is improving a lot, defense is getting better. I think we might give a good fight for play-offs spot once again.
    But we are shooting every open shot on perimeter, so we aren't just left alone in perimeter. There are plenty of space in the paint. Almost every player is watched on the perimeter. I will say it again, Saras allowed everyone to shoot if you are open 100% and your feet are set. If you're kind of open, about 75%, no one is shooting, maybe exept Milaknis (I'm talking on the early stage of the possession). And I am sure, that we will be in the Play-offs or be in the 9th place, because we have every tool for it.

But we are shooting every open shot on perimeter, so we aren't just left alone in perimeter. There are plenty of space in the paint. Almost every player is watched on the perimeter. I will say it again, Saras allowed everyone to shoot if you are open 100% and your feet are set. If you're kind of open, about 75%, no one is shooting, maybe exept Milaknis (I'm talking on the early stage of the possession). And I am sure, that we will be in the Play-offs or be in the 9th place, because we have every tool for it.
    Nobody said we are left alone on the perimeter. None does that. But there're players you can take a risk with. Zalgiris has full of them, only Milaknis isn't such. That's where help comes from backcourt to frontcourt to close the gaps, so no, there aren't plenty of space in the paint. Almost each shot from there is a hard worked one. And that makes our life more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by koyangi View Post
    This is a reasonable approach to evaluate teams' results, but it' s way too early for this to provide any kind of insight. You need a large enough sample of games, so maybe after round 15 this would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    Misspelling is nothing comparing to misthinking genius. Is it ok now???

Giving attention to letters instead of words and ideas proves your poor intelligence
    Indeed, misspelling "genius" was just funny in your context and it means nothing really.

On the other hand, "words and ideas" like "...but we keep putting asspain in their asses" say a lot about your intelligence and your cultural level.
    Winner of IBN Euroleague Prediction Game 2017-2018

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345