X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
    Epke Udoh zu Chine. (Beijing Ducks)

What a waste of talent for a fistful of dollars more.

Source:
    waste of talent for what reason? for 99% of the americans anything apart from nba doesnt seem different. they play for money and live happily for the rest of their life if they cant be in the nba even as a towel thrower. china or euroleague or philipines is the same. there are a few exceptions of course
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
      waste of talent for what reason? for 99% of the americans anything apart from nba doesnt seem different. they play for money and live happily for the rest of their life if they cant be in the nba even as a towel thrower. china or euroleague or philipines is the same. there are a few exceptions of course
      You can't compare the atmosphere and intensity. Fans in China seem to be forced to watch the games.

As for the level, even the Chinese champions would stuggle in A2. Bourousis' team who were runners up in the league played against PAO during our pre-season last summer (our 1st friendly) and we wiped the floor with them by 37 points playing our kids in the last quarter to show some mercy.

Με 104-67 επιβλήθηκε ο Παναθηναϊκός ΟΠΑΠ των Zhejiang Lions  στο "ζέσταμα" που έκανε στο ΟΑΚΑ το μεσημέρι της Τετάρτης (29/08) πριν αναχωρήσει για την Πορταριάκαι το βασικό στάδιο προετοιμασίας του.

It's no where near the level of EL. Fridette will never score 50+ points in a game in Europe at any level. Neither Fiba Europe Cup nor the Maltese League.
      Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
      Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

• Greg Monroe to Bayern? i don't know if that's old news, but it really sounds huge! Especially for a german team.

i know he was accused of lazy post defense, but still i think it's huge addition for EL team

Comment

You can't compare the atmosphere and intensity. Fans in China seem to be forced to watch the games.

As for the level, even the Chinese champions would stuggle in A2. Bourousis' team who were runners up in the league played against PAO during our pre-season last summer (our 1st friendly) and we wiped the floor with them by 37 points playing our kids in the last quarter to show some mercy.

Με 104-67 επιβλήθηκε ο Παναθηναϊκός ΟΠΑΠ των Zhejiang Lions  στο "ζέσταμα" που έκανε στο ΟΑΚΑ το μεσημέρι της Τετάρτης (29/08) πριν αναχωρήσει για την Πορταριάκαι το βασικό στάδιο προετοιμασίας του.

It's no where near the level of EL. Fridette will never score 50+ points in a game in Europe at any level. Neither Fiba Europe Cup nor the Maltese League.
          i never said its the same level. i said that americans dont really care if its g league-china-euroleague or anything. if they dont find themselves in nba they dont really care if they compete in the highest level. all they want is money and have a nice life. if thats china or africa or europe doesnt really matter to them. china has a restiction of 2 foreigners for each team. otherwise more and more would go there and euroleague would be full of g league players
          Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• "Nik Stauskas was offered to many big European clubs, received offers from rich Russian powerhouses, Euroleague teams were involved, but Stauskas rejected them, sources told." - Donatas Urbonas via Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
              Saw a report that Nik Stauskas (Cavaliers) has offers from Real Madrid and Valencia. Thoughts?

Didnt think Real was in market for a SG - but a SF. Is Stauskas big enough to play SF at 6'6?

Also saw Naz Mitrou Long (Greek passport) had interest from Pana.

any of you know if Tyler Ennis is healthy and any rumors of club interest?
              He was not on Canada's extended 29 man FIBA roster - which could mean there is a health/fitness problem or he is just focused on his next contract.
              It was said that Real Madrid was looking for a European SG/SF. We are waiting for the free agency, although the only europeans there are Dorsey, Cabarot, Deng or Jerebko (and Stauskas*).

We can sign Jerebko (we tried to sign him when he was 15 years old) and have a swedish duo un the SF position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                It was said that Real Madrid was looking for a European SG/SF. We are waiting for the free agency, although the only europeans there are Dorsey, Cabarot, Deng or Jerebko (and Stauskas*).

We can sign Jerebko (we tried to sign him when he was 15 years old) and have a swedish duo un the SF position.
                Jerebko SF ?

Comment

• adding james would be fatal. reducing minutes to player like diba bryant zoosman diba avdija (all very good players), is a suicide if the new g is an individualist 30min payer like james (47% 2p, 32% 3p!)

Comment

• Originally posted by archaz View Post
                    Jerebko SF ?
                    In Europe not (he is a clear PF), in the NBA he is a F.

By the way, Real Madrid's target number 1 is Juancho Hernangomez, but for the next season.

Comment

• Quincy Acy in negotiations with Maccabi Tel Aviv
                      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Epke Udoh zu Chine. (Beijing Ducks)

What a waste of talent for a fistful of dollars more.

Source:
                        He only has himself to blame, we offered Udoh 3 million per year contract in 2017, he choose to go NBA for less money (2 million iirc) and he can't expect us to pay him the same amount of money on this year after sitting on the bench for 2 years and almost do nothing, and more importantly he probably lost his touch as a top european player after sitting on the bench for that long. It was only obvious, no european team would pay him that money at this point.
                        FENERBAHÇE
                        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Unsurprisingly Jeremy Lin turns down CSKA. I doubt he will ever play in Europe.

Comment

• For now Quincy Acy is very close to Maccabi Tel Aviv.
                            Think on Black + Acy + Hunter playing together in the same team - this is tough
                            Last edited by arelg; 07-30-2019, 04:58 PM.
                            https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                              Unsurprisingly Jeremy Lin turns down CSKA. I doubt he will ever play in Europe.
                              Why do you have such doubts? (I don't have another opinion, just curious to hear yours).
                              I would have loved to see him in Europe, a guard with NBA record which is not an Athletic monster and have never played in Europe I really want to see how he will handle himself in Europe just for the sake for curiosity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metec View Post
                                Why do you have such doubts? (I don't have another opinion, just curious to hear yours).
                                I would have loved to see him in Europe, a guard with NBA record which is not an Athletic monster and have never played in Europe I really want to see how he will handle himself in Europe just for the sake for curiosity.
                                I think his Asian heritage would lead him to China. He is an absolute superstar over there - the only place "Linsanity" still exists. There would so much more money on the table for not just salary but especially sponsorship opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information