Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2018-19: Signings & Rumours

I'm saying I'm not impressed and that we'll see who gets basketball once again.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Great move by Pao imo. As Fener fan I would like more that they brought Nunnally. Maybe we will meet in QF and it would be priceless to see him on opponent side.
    With Kilpatrick Pao is more solid and dangerous, but still need some things to be contender for the title.
    The target 'title contender' is very far from PAO at the moment. IMHO this season has been lost already. It needs to build next years PAO.

Kilpatrick is a better move than Nunnally's.

Go to YouTube search for James nunnaly pick any video

Quote Originally Posted by Paganist View Post
    ok, show me just an example from the previous year that he made 3 points shot over the hands up the defense. You won't find it. All of them are well prepared or lack of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paganist View Post
    The target 'title contender' is very far from PAO at the moment. IMHO this season has been lost already. It needs to build next years PAO.

Kilpatrick is a better move than Nunnally's.
    I agree. Still it's real possibility regarding current standing that we will meet them in QF

Pure Fener fans watch games and know limits of every player in the roster. 'Instant after title fan' has to watch Youtube for make up videos
    Even in those make up clips Nunnally needs airport to make shoot

How miserable you must be to claim that one typical eurocup player was top El player or to express wet dream for his comeback
    Last edited by janketa; 01-08-2019 at 04:26 PM.

could i hope that a great big men shooter prospet like levy could stay with us next year, or same old bad short story of pure talents in maccabi?

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    So like Langford or Pappas or generally every pao 2...
    After cheking more I think Sean Kilpatrick can look state wise like Mike James or even better in Euroleague. He is a combo guard and has a very good mid range shot and can shoot from the dripple, can drive very well almost unstoppable, has a solid 3 pointer and is a solid defender. My only question is if Pana can hold this player. It does not make sense to sign a player for half of a season to be competitive and save the money of a half season and get the same problem again by beginning of the next season. As long as it goes in that way nobody will be satisfied. That´s maybe why your are not impressed about... Oly did great signs this year. (We had two signs from local players that had to be made. In addition the savings ...)
    As for the Trade I think this trade belongs to the one of the very good NBA Player trading.
    Of course you have to wait and see how fast Kilpatrick can play Euro style and get along in the new team, but since he knows the coach that should happen quickly. Also, Mike Batiste who knows him from Clippers has praised him in the highest tones also characteristically as teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
    After cheking more I think Sean Kilpatrick can look state wise like Mike James or even better in Euroleague. He is a combo guard and has a very good mid range shot and can shoot from the dripple, can drive very well almost unstoppable, has a solid 3 pointer and is a solid defender.
    Let's look at him:

Last season 35.4% of his shots were catch and shoot 3s, on 34.7%.
    15.5% of his shots were off-the-dribble 2s, at 37.2%
    15.9% of his shots were off-the-dribble 3s, on 27.3%
    And 30.7% of his shots were from close to the basket, at 55.3%
    https://stats.nba.com/players/shots-...ayerPosition=G

So it looks like he's a very good finisher at the rim for a guard. His mid-range shot is downright bad (as is almost everyone's, the actually alarming fact is how often he takes them) and he's probably a below average shooter, definitely not an improvement over say Langford.

At the same time, I don't know how 1.5 apg over your career make you a combo guard instead of a plain old shooting guard. Who is a shooting guard then?

So overall, he wouldn't change my game plan against Pao. I'd still try to dominate the paint offensively and defensively, without feeling any particular threat from outside
    Last edited by Oly_fan; 01-09-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Let's look at him:

Last season 35.4% of his shots were catch and shoot 3s, on 34.7%.
    15.5% of his shots were off-the-dribble 2s, at 37.2%
    15.9% of his shots were off-the-dribble 3s, on 27.3%
    And 30.7% of his shots were from close to the basket, at 55.3%
    https://stats.nba.com/players/shots-...ayerPosition=G

So it looks like he's a very good finisher at the rim for a guard. His mid-range shot is downright bad (as is almost everyone's, the actually alarming fact is how often he takes them) and he's probably a below average shooter, definitely not an improvement over say Langford.

At the same time, I don't know how 1.5 apg over your career make you a combo guard instead of a plain old shooting guard. Who is a shooting guard then?

So overall, he wouldn't change my game plan against Pao. I'd still try to dominate the paint offensively and defensively, without feeling any particular threat from outside
    but You compare just one season in which he played for different teams his stats from Brooklyn would have the most importance and dont forget it´s NBA level. We could take also this statline to count: "last played with Chicago in the NBA, where he averaged 15.4 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists in nine games last season."

panathinaikos looking for a center right now. maybe khem birch? i think we should try focus on playing csska at quarterfinals if we qualify of course. they are the weakest team in frontcourt from those above us. hines used to be elite player,he is just a good one now,hunter is a rotation guy for teams with lower budget,bolomboy doesnt play,their power forwards are not that good (peters only shoots and nothing else,voronchevic always injured and nothing special anyway) etc.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    panathinaikos looking for a center right now. maybe khem birch? i think we should try focus on playing csska at quarterfinals if we qualify of course. they are the weakest team in frontcourt from those above us. hines used to be elite player,he is just a good one now,hunter is a rotation guy for teams with lower budget,bolomboy doesnt play,their power forwards are not that good (peters only shoots and nothing else,voronchevic always injured and nothing special anyway) etc.
    I think you are right. Provided we qualify, CSKA of the top tier teams is perhaps the best match for our current roster, not that we would be favourites. Problem is CSKA will likely end up 3rd, so we need to step up and make sure we climb in the standings.
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

It seems that they are going to sign Payne again.

He could help but having seen Bobby Brown (Raduljica comes also to my mind) I am quite skeptical concerning players who return from China.

Pao has no chance against Cska at top8. Pao is really bad team. Beating Cska at the first game of new coach is just a lucky win that is all. Cska big men rotation is not special but still better than Pao. Guard and forward rotation there is huge diff. Who is the second best player of Pao. He is not better than Cska's sixth or seventh player.

Your best player is Nick the Brick who hits %24 at 3 pt amd %40 at ft lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    Pao has no chance against Cska at top8. Pao is really bad team. Beating Cska at the first game of new coach is just a lucky win that is all. Cska big men rotation is not special but still better than Pao. Guard and forward rotation there is huge diff. Who is the second best player of Pao. He is not better than Cska's sixth or seventh player.

Your best player is Nick the Brick who hits %24 at 3 pt amd %40 at ft lol.
    Let's say I agree with everything you wrote, chances are still greater against Cska rather than Real or Fener.
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    I expected better C in PAO.

LT Press:
    James Nunnally zu Baskonia.

James Nunnally Welcome To Kirolbet Baskonia

Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AG8000
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

From this clip we can see how much he is dependent from assists.
    If in Baskonia he could get some assists then he could be usefull player.
    He wasn't good for Fener because we needed players who can make own shoots, like Guduric this season and even Melih.

Quote Originally Posted by edvinas9 View Post
    So, who is expecting to leave?

Gist, Payne, Thomas, Lasme, Papagiannis, Vougioukas, Mitooglou.

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast