This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
    No any information here, but if he'll sign, only as a back-up PG. MTA wants Wanamaker or Delany as a PG, big doubts if both are a real options according to their salaris
    Jovic anyway can't be first pg because he is injury prone.

But for back up he is good choice for every team.

Comment

Malcolm Delaney China Highlights, Should he return?

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
        Jalen Reynolds - Center - Zenit St. Petersburg
        Aaron Harrison - Shooting Guard - Galatasaray
        Nigel Hayes - PF - Galatasaray
        Tonye Jekiri - Center - Gaziantep
        Apparently Zalgiris is interest in Nigel Hayes as a replacement for Aaron White. Any info about him?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager View Post
          Apparently Zalgiris is interest in Nigel Hayes as a replacement for Aaron White. Any info about him?
          You can find his Turkish League & Eurocup Stats below:

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

IMO he is good and athletic player. Good on both ends but still to improve on defensive end. Especially weak side defence and help. One and one defence he is not bad.
          He will be a good improvement over Aaron White. I wish Efes signs him as a back up of Moerman.
          Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Well, if you say that he is athletic, ok, because many lithuanian fans were saying that he is very not athletic, kind of like Motum athleticism level. But he won't be as athletic as White is, I think there weren't more athletic player in EL than White. He shot well this season, but in NCAA he was not even a decent shooter. I hope that he improved that part of his game and that wasn't just pure luck, because White is shooting pretty good in LKL, but he is far from good shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
              Well, if you say that he is athletic, ok, because many lithuanian fans were saying that he is very not athletic, kind of like Motum athleticism level. But he won't be as athletic as White is, I think there weren't more athletic player in EL than White. He shot well this season, but in NCAA he was not even a decent shooter. I hope that he improved that part of his game and that wasn't just pure luck, because White is shooting pretty good in LKL, but he is far from good shooter.
              His game at Wisconsin regressed big time once Decker and Kaminsky left/graduated. He might be more of a solid backup in Euroleague.
              Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
              2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
              Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Real Madrid making some moves to sign Brandon Davies, in case Gustavo Ayon will leave.

Any thoughts about Tyreke Evans landing in Euroleague?
                Last edited by edvinas9; 05-19-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

How Edvinas said, Real Madrid is in advance talks with Brandon Davis, he would be Gustavo Ayón's replacement.

Also, Sergio Rodríguez could be discard as an option for the PG position. There are 2 options: the cheap one (Nico Laprovittola) and the expensive (De Colo).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                    How Edvinas said, Real Madrid is in advance talks with Brandon Davis, he would be Gustavo Ayón's replacement.

Also, Sergio Rodríguez could be discard as an option for the PG position. There are 2 options: the cheap one (Nico Laprovittola) and the expensive (De Colo).
                    If im not wrong Valencia have De Colos rights in Spain, it means De Colo can be discarded as well.

Comment

Originally posted by archaz View Post
                      If im not wrong Valencia have De Colos rights in Spain, it means De Colo can be discarded as well.
                      Yes, and Sloukas seems not a real target. I think we will sign Laprovittola, not expensive, not an star, but useful. He will probably the ACB MVP.

By the way, we can negotiate with Valencia, although the memories after Claver is not good

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                        Yes, and Sloukas seems not a real target. I think we will sign Laprovittola, not expensive, not an star, but useful. He will probably the ACB MVP.

By the way, we can negotiate with Valencia, although the memories after Claver is not good
                        Woah, Laprovittola? He is kind of a wild card. About Davies, couldn't see a better team for him after us. This was an only logical option for him in EL, maybe CSKA cold be one, Barca. But I would like him to sign an NBA contract and to not see him in EL, because he is hardly stoppable after year with Songaila. In the paint he is a pain in the ass, sometimes he can get hot from mid, a really good finisher on face to face, scrappy, and can play D on switch. He is one of the best and is better than Ayon. Tavares and Davies duo could be deadly if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
                          Woah, Laprovittola? He is kind of a wild card. About Davies, couldn't see a better team for him after us. This was an only logical option for him in EL, maybe CSKA cold be one, Barca. But I would like him to sign an NBA contract and to not see him in EL, because he is hardly stoppable after year with Songaila. In the paint he is a pain in the ass, sometimes he can get hot from mid, a really good finisher on face to face, scrappy, and can play D on switch. He is one of the best and is better than Ayon. Tavares and Davies duo could be deadly if you ask me.
                          Davis is a great complement to Tavares. One is a defensive weapon, the other is an offensive one. Also, how you said, he can switch on D, very important for Laso.

About Lapro, yes, he was really good in Argentina and Brazil, and average un Europe until this season at Joventut. His season is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager View Post
                            Great player but not as a go-to guy in the team. He seems confident at the first glance but, as ncjazz already mentioned, feels unease and becomes much less efeective when he is given reins on offensive end (well, most probably this won't be a case in Zalgiris, at least not with Saras at the helm). I think he is an example of an outstanding college player whose game perfectly translates to European style. We need more guys like Nigel coming to Europe.

Not a brilliant shooter, initially a subpar one, but he progresses a lot in this aspect. Strong-bodied, powerful, willing to finish through contact, can do a little bit of everything. Not really explosive and even slightly "heavy-footed" but that's mostly because of some extra fat, well, he's far from being slim, so overweightness can potentially be a problem in a near future. Yet in 1-on-1 defense he is good as he can intimidate quicker yet smaller players with his physical strength while catching up with their speed (not really a slow-moving guy he can make an impression of) and he holds his own against bigger guys. Though he is not a great rebounder and lacks positioning skills (and sometimes also an extra bit of concentration) to translate his physical tools and terrific wingspan into better role on boards. Nigel is somewhat stuck between 3 and 4 since for PF he is really undersized and for SF quickness and not really remarkable ballhandling could be a problem but this should be less of a hindrance here in Europe. Offensively, as I already mentioned, he progresses as a shooter (though he is still generally shaky off-the-dribble), can successfully run the floor, has good slashing instincts as he often finds an untrival road to the basket (and near the basket he's a good finisher due to upper body strength and soft touch) and also he successfully plays in the post against physically weaker, less strong defenders. From what I've seen of his playing in GS, Nigel forces shots less and less and learns fast how to distribute the ball better. Well, I've just checked the stats and he dished 2 assists per game in TBL which is a good indication. One of his main strengths is that Hayes is coachable and also he has a natural feel for the game, greatly developed during his Badgers days.

This year Nigel has a very solid season in GS, playing well to his strengths and showing that he can adapt to European basketball just fine. If everything turns out right, he should have a long and productive career here and he certainly has the potential to carve a decent role for himself even for the top European teams. Just don't expect him to be the ultimate leader.

By the way, where Aaron White is going? Someone like him could be a good addition to Khimki's frontcourt
                            2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorizer View Post
                              Great player but not as a go-to guy in the team. He seems confident at the first glance but, as ncjazz already mentioned, feels unease and becomes much less efeective when he is given reins on offensive end (well, most probably this won't be a case in Zalgiris, at least not with Saras at the helm). I think he is an example of an outstanding college player whose game perfectly translates to European style. We need more guys like Nigel coming to Europe.

Not a brilliant shooter, initially a subpar one, but he progresses a lot in this aspect. Strong-bodied, powerful, willing to finish through contact, can do a little bit of everything. Not really explosive and even slightly "heavy-footed" but that's mostly because of some extra fat, well, he's far from being slim, so overweightness can potentially be a problem in a near future. Yet in 1-on-1 defense he is good as he can intimidate quicker yet smaller players with his physical strength while catching up with their speed (not really a slow-moving guy he can make an impression of) and he holds his own against bigger guys. Though he is not a great rebounder and lacks positioning skills (and sometimes also an extra bit of concentration) to translate his physical tools and terrific wingspan into better role on boards. Nigel is somewhat stuck between 3 and 4 since for PF he is really undersized and for SF quickness and not really remarkable ballhandling could be a problem but this should be less of a hindrance here in Europe. Offensively, as I already mentioned, he progresses as a shooter (though he is still generally shaky off-the-dribble), can successfully run the floor, has good slashing instincts as he often finds an untrival road to the basket (and near the basket he's a good finisher due to upper body strength and soft touch) and also he successfully plays in the post against physically weaker, less strong defenders. From what I've seen of his playing in GS, Nigel forces shots less and less and learns fast how to distribute the ball better. Well, I've just checked the stats and he dished 2 assists per game in TBL which is a good indication. One of his main strengths is that Hayes is coachable and also he has a natural feel for the game, greatly developed during his Badgers days.

This year Nigel has a very solid season in GS, playing well to his strengths and showing that he can adapt to European basketball just fine. If everything turns out right, he should have a long and productive career here and he certainly has the potential to carve a decent role for himself even for the top European teams. Just don't expect him to be the ultimate leader.

By the way, where Aaron White is going? Someone like him could be a good addition to Khimki's frontcourt
                              Great write-up, Terrorizer. I've been following Hayes this season a bit too since we have here Eurocup manager game So he was on my Zalgiris wishlist ever since. Also Javonte Green was the guy I liked in Walkup place, but then Walkup improved and there was no need to dig deeper. Regarding Hayes, sure, great potential game wise for European scene, and had time to dig deeper about his personality, which is very important factor for Saras and our GM, also wasn't disappointed, seems like great guy on and off the court, so would fit us perfectly IMO. Fingers crossed. Maybe there's a deal already.
                              What comes to White, he was very disappointed after Wizards didn't sign him last summer as there was basically an agreement, Zalgiris had no hopes to keep him, all the ties were cut (I mean in a good way), he basically left with all the bags, said goodbye and didn't plan to get back to Europe, but then smth felt of. It was quite noticeable when he returned to Zalgiris, but he overcame it later. Zalgiris offered to re-sign contract during the season, but White rejected. He obviously will want to explore the market and bigger money, while Zalgiris will never pay anyone more than some 600-700k. I guess first option remains NBA, don't know his situation with Wizards tho, does Wizards need him, not an NBA follower myself. If not, I think he will look for some bigger deal in Europe. Since Khimki doesn't mind to pay over million to frontcourt guys, I think you might get him eventually

Comment

Jock Landale to Zalgiris is a done deal...

Lithuanian club will pay a fee
                                https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information