Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official CJ Cansino Thread

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Thirdy is a strong defender , especially when matched up vs some of the Asian SF's. Like I said don't let his listed height fool you, he plays big and his wingspan i think is long

Put it this way Idelfonso maybe taller than Thridy, but no way can Idelfonso play defense or slash like Thridy as a SF, essentally Thirdy plays bigger than idelfonso regardless of his listed height
    Do we need to include Sean Manganti in the conversation of Gilas prospects? I think he was undrafted in the NBA 2017 and was listed as a US citizen. Unless he may be that good for a "naturalized spot"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther77 View Post
    Do we need to include Sean Manganti in the conversation of Gilas prospects? I think he was undrafted in the NBA 2017 and was listed as a US citizen. Unless he may be that good for a "naturalized spot"?
    ....Greg case.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    ....Greg case.
    Do we think we can do it again for his case? He is listed 6'5 but doesn't look like one though.

Do we think we can do it again for his case? He is listed 6'5 but doesn't look like one though.
    It's dependent on a few things-
    1. SBP making the request- note we've requested for exception for Greg, Pringle and Clarkson, we have not for Standhardinger, Anemishi, Newsome.. So your point on his height? suggesting he may not be worth it or good enough is a valid consideration if we should make a request or not

2. Will we get FIBA approval?- Well Maganti playing in the UAAP is closer to Greg ( which was approved) compared to Pringle's case ( only played in the Philipines at around 27 yrs old.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

wait. manganti applied the nba draft in 2017?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    wait. manganti applied the nba draft in 2017?
    Quick internet check said the former Div III player was eligible last 2017 but went undrafted

https://basketball.realgm.com/player.../Summary/63435

CJ Cansino is like a mini LBJ. But I hope he evolves into a PG not a small forward. by the way to bad he is ineligible for the upcoming WC U19 and the past Fiba under 18, he could have been a big asset to our national team. UST just need one more good center and one more good powerforward for the team to be a championship contender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20/14/10 thats pts/reb/ast for Cansino. This kid will have to be included in the 23/23 pool.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    20/14/10 thats pts/reb/ast for Cansino. This kid will have to be included in the 23/23 pool.
    shooting is still his suspect.. he should have the shooting of a fonacier.. dave is a better shooter over cansino.. if cansino develops that then him and dave would form a good SG rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    shooting is still his suspect.. he should have the shooting of a fonacier.. dave is a better shooter over cansino.. if cansino develops that then him and dave would form a good SG rotation
    Lets not expect complete and perfect games from teenagers. Based on the eye test he has an outside shot, it may not be on a caidic or jarencio level but he can hit it nonetheless. Potentials like cansino are great for our countrys basketball future, but is certainly far from complete. He has a long way to go for sure, but the talent is undeniable.

He just turned 19.... is he eligible for fiba u19 next year?

Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw View Post
    Lets not expect complete and perfect games from teenagers. Based on the eye test he has an outside shot, it may not be on a caidic or jarencio level but he can hit it nonetheless. Potentials like cansino are great for our countrys basketball future, but is certainly far from complete. He has a long way to go for sure, but the talent is undeniable.

He just turned 19.... is he eligible for fiba u19 next year?
    nope..not eligible for next years u19 world cup

hahah my pet peeve question again is like asking is Philippines located in Asia
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    hahah my pet peeve question again is like asking is Philippines located in Asia
    There is always a date cutoff for anything, if not end of year (Dec 31)then OKtournament date cutoff, there will always be people who miss out by a few days. The thing is this is a. universal rule.for every country and doesn't disadvantage anyone more than others.
    We really have to get over this pitty, victim hood mentality that were sort of like being singled out unfavorably, we're not plain and simple. Everyone should stop wyning and get on with focusing to compete. No excuses
    Last edited by analyzed; 10-29-2018 at 03:52 AM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

he was with Adamson that time, I don't think he applied in NBA Draft. The draft entry is based on your expected graduation from college and the Drafted status will turn automatically into Undrafted once it lapsed. As far as eligibility, I'm always following his twitter and facebook and someone twitted if he's eilgible for Gilas and he retweeted it and I assumed he's eligible.

Why shooting guard he could be a big pg for gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Why shooting guard he could be a big pg for gilas.
    we have tons of good PG’s.. SG is fine.. for some reason we lack good SG in future gilas.. dave and cansino can be good SG for us..

we have tons of good PG’s.. SG is fine.. for some reason we lack good SG in future gilas.. dave and cansino can be good SG for us..
    dave, cansino and manganti is a good prospect in our future Gilas entourage...but the boys need to toughen on defense...we really need a two way player in the No. 2 and 3 spot..the offense is their all they need is(more)maturity to make it more consistent..now as the years progresses those dude need to step up their defensive skills if they are serious enough to be part of the Gilas team in a regular basis and be on that next level.

He will be some what of an upgrade on those tons of good PG.

if he is indeed listed at 6'1 (and if the UAAP pads its players' heights) I don't think he should be playing SG full-time in Gilas. For NT purposes 6'1 should be a PG or a combo guard.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    if he is indeed listed at 6'1 (and if the UAAP pads its players' heights) I don't think he should be playing SG full-time in Gilas. For NT purposes 6'1 should be a PG or a combo guard.
    6'1 SG is like an RR Pogoy. Well, who's better between Cansino and Pogoy? I mean, their college performance and their ceiling....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast