FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2018

Last year Riyadi won, and the level was catastrophic.Lets see how good the level this year is.I hope all teams giving intrest to it.

The official website of the FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2018. Competition schedule, results, stats, teams and players profile, news, games highlights, photos, videos and event guide.

Comment

Al riyadi predicted starting line up this tournament.

Center: Ismael Ahmad
      Power Forward: Bassel Bawji
      Small Forward: Jean Abdel Nour
      Shooting Guard: Amir Saoud
      Point Guard: Mark Lyons

Key Bench players
      Rodrigue Akl, Marwan Ziede, Ezzat Kaissi, Hussein el Khatib, Constantin Kodsi.

Comment

Liaoning sending its junior team. A win will be a pleasant surprise.

The real Liaoning is currently playing in the Zadar Tournament, where they are getting their asses whooped by Euroleague teams: http://www.zdbt.info/en/sudionici/li...ying-leopards/ (Liaoning is missing 3 starters: Han Dejun, Guo Ailun, Zhao Jiwei, but realistically Euroleague is just too good for them.)
        aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
          Last year Riyadi won, and the level was catastrophic.Lets see how good the level this year is.I hope all teams giving intrest to it.

http://www.fiba.basketball/asiachampionscup/2018
          lol at catastrophic level.. yeah xinjiang sucks but...
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Riyadi don't have any pure center and only one bench player (Rodrigue Akl).
            I don't see them winning the title once again.

Petrochimi are maybe my favorite.
            As for Korea and Japan, i don't have any idea about their level.
            Philipines is not sending their best club (PBA problem ?)
            China are sending a Junior team soooo we will just wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
              Riyadi don't have any pure center and only one bench player (Rodrigue Akl).
              I don't see them winning the title once again.

Petrochimi are maybe my favorite.
              As for Korea and Japan, i don't have any idea about their level.
              Philipines is not sending their best club (PBA problem ?)
              China are sending a Junior team soooo we will just wait and see.

I think even this Riyadi team will manage to win the title easily. Because China sending junior team, and Iran are playing with no foreigners.Unfortunately this tournament is not treated with respect & recognition it deserves.

Comment

Yeah it used to be a hell of a tournament the past decade.
                But they have to change several things :
                1) Two teams from Iran and Lebanon should participate to make the competition more interesting instead of getting the best from each country in the qualifying tournament !
                2) East Asia clubs should play with their best teams.
                3) Syrian and Jordanian clubs are missed (As a Lebanese, without them (at their top) our level dropped --> correlation ?)

As a sagesse fan, hope that Riyadi will get this title !
                Yalla Riyadi

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
                  Yeah it used to be a hell of a tournament the past decade.
                  But they have to change several things :
                  1) Two teams from Iran and Lebanon should participate to make the competition more interesting instead of getting the best from each country in the qualifying tournament !
                  2) East Asia clubs should play with their best teams.
                  3) Syrian and Jordanian clubs are missed (As a Lebanese, without them (at their top) our level dropped --> correlation ?)

As a sagesse fan, hope that Riyadi will get this title !
                  Yalla Riyadi

Opening day proves its not good level. Taipei beat china by 44. Korea is down to Iran right now by over 20, and iran have 0 foreigners.
                  not sure what team can challenge this Riyadi, which btw is weak version of Riyadi ( no arakji).
                  we'll add a championship to our cabinet...

Comment

Don't know how seriously their team is but Alvark Tokyo beat Riyadi today, would be great for the young B League to capture an Asian title.
                    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Dont underestimate East asian teams..
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I didn't follow the tournament but I'm surprised Petrochimi is in semifinal. does it mean the other teams are not just good enough ?

Petrochimi Club didn't even want to participate here because of financial reasons but the federation helped them to just send a team because there would be punishment for late withdrawal and they just gathered a team at the airport (mostly from available NT players) and they only have 8 players in their roster . they have 11 on their list but Jamshidi, Dalirzahan and Khalilnejad didn't travel with the team.

and players here for Petrochimi have no contract and they are playing for free.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                          I didn't follow the tournament but I'm surprised Petrochimi is in semifinal. does it mean the other teams are not just good enough ?

Petrochimi Club didn't even want to participate here because of financial reasons but the federation helped them to just send a team because there would be punishment for late withdrawal and they just gathered a team at the airport (mostly from available NT players) and they only have 8 players in their roster . they have 11 on their list but Jamshidi, Dalirzahan and Khalilnejad didn't travel with the team.

and players here for Petrochimi have no contract and they are playing for free.
                          We ( Lebanon) are one of countries that care alot about this tournament. Unfortunately, alot of nations in asia dont care.
                          The problem with lebanese team this year

- arrogrance , thought of it as easy tournament based on last year. came with no preparation at all.
                          - injuries. wael arakji not playing, jean abdel nour missed 2 games and playing injured 3rd game.
                          - one foreigner, we couldnt register second foreigner.
                          - Hayk paperwork. we had a player missing because of his paperwork.

and also riyadi lost some key lebanese players to other lebanese teams like ali haydar.

i thought tournament last year was disastrous, this year even more disastrous. hopefully something must be done.

Comment

Based on results today we'll see either the Japanese Champions or the South Korean Champions in the final of this tournament, good for east asia.
                            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                              Based on results today we'll see either the Japanese Champions or the South Korean Champions in the final of this tournament, good for east asia.
                              yes good.
                              I hope next year we see this , all full power.

Australian league champions
                              Chinese league champions
                              Japanese league champions
                              Iranian league champions
                              Lebanese league champions
                              Philippines league champions
                              South Korean league champions
                              New Zealand league champions

+ 4 more teams from other nations via qualification.
                              Two groups of 6 teams, top four in each group qualify to quarters.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information