FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
    We ( Lebanon) are one of countries that care alot about this tournament. Unfortunately, alot of nations in asia dont care.
    The problem with lebanese team this year

- arrogrance , thought of it as easy tournament based on last year. came with no preparation at all.
    - injuries. wael arakji not playing, jean abdel nour missed 2 games and playing injured 3rd game.
    - one foreigner, we couldnt register second foreigner.
    - Hayk paperwork. we had a player missing because of his paperwork.

and also riyadi lost some key lebanese players to other lebanese teams like ali haydar.

i thought tournament last year was disastrous, this year even more disastrous. hopefully something must be done.
    hahk goykchan is with riyadi also?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
      We ( Lebanon) are one of countries that care alot about this tournament. Unfortunately, alot of nations in asia dont care.
      The problem with lebanese team this year

- arrogrance , thought of it as easy tournament based on last year. came with no preparation at all.
      - injuries. wael arakji not playing, jean abdel nour missed 2 games and playing injured 3rd game.
      - one foreigner, we couldnt register second foreigner.
      - Hayk paperwork. we had a player missing because of his paperwork.

and also riyadi lost some key lebanese players to other lebanese teams like ali haydar.

i thought tournament last year was disastrous, this year even more disastrous. hopefully something must be done.
      No preparation means your team doesn't care about this tournament either. Preparation makes a huge difference.

B.League successes in these tournaments (including the Terrific 12) doesn't necessarily mean it's the best in Asia. B. League just begins its season earlier than other Asian leagues (I'm talking about KBL, CBA, SBL) so their teams are in better "game modes".
      aim low, score high

Comment

The problem was that you can't prepare for this tournament seriously because of the schedule ( 1week after the WC qualification so the players were with the NT since 1 month and more).
        As for Riyadi, a lot of players were missing (one naturalized player, Ismail Ahmad injury, Arakji, Hayk (paper problem because of the Hagop rule and Jean played injured yesterday...so basically 4 out the 5 starters !
        But no excuses they should have qualified but i don't know they were outplayed and lost since the beggining of the tournament. What did you expect with hussein el Khatib and Marwan Ziadeh in the starting 5 ?? They can't afford to play 1 minute in our league with weak clubs and they found theirselves in the starting 5 in Fiba Asia !
        The coach Farran made a lot of bad decisions during this tournament (He failed).
        Moreover Riyadi should had keep Ali Haidar over Bawji and why sell Tabet for an other club ?
        Congrats Meralco and Pinoys fans !

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
          The problem was that you can't prepare for this tournament seriously because of the schedule ( 1week after the WC qualification so the players were with the NT since 1 month and more).
          As for Riyadi, a lot of players were missing (one naturalized player, Ismail Ahmad injury, Arakji, Hayk (paper problem because of the Hagop rule and Jean played injured yesterday...so basically 4 out the 5 starters !
          But no excuses they should have qualified but i don't know they were outplayed and lost since the beggining of the tournament. What did you expect with hussein el Khatib and Marwan Ziadeh in the starting 5 ?? They can't afford to play 1 minute in our league with weak clubs and they found theirselves in the starting 5 in Fiba Asia !
          The coach Farran made a lot of bad decisions during this tournament (He failed).
          Moreover Riyadi should had keep Ali Haidar over Bawji and why sell Tabet for an other club ?
          Congrats Meralco and Pinoys fans !
          I really thought that you chose between bawji, goykchan and Haidar and you certainly chose the first two. But tough break on not being able to play Hayk.. as for the recent transactions, I thought riyadi is one if not the richest club in lebanon (champville and Sagesse are the other elite teams).. meralco is being handled by an elite owner but they are the secondary team of that group (next to Tnt), why sell your key players to other teams without much replacement of the same caliber?

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
            I really thought that you chose between bawji, goykchan and Haidar and you certainly chose the first two. But tough break on not being able to play Hayk.. as for the recent transactions, I thought riyadi is one if not the richest club in lebanon (champville and Sagesse are the other elite teams).. meralco is being handled by an elite owner but they are the secondary team of that group (next to Tnt), why sell your key players to other teams without much replacement of the same caliber?
            al riyadi still favorites to win lebanese league.

here was this issue

- ismael ahmad plays as lebanese in league, but can only play foreigner in asia.he got injured anyway and didnt play.
            - hayk gyokchyan plays as lebanese in league, but can only play foreigner in asia.did not play
            - arakji injured, and did not play
            - abdel nour injured, and only played 3rd 4th games injured anyway.
            - couldnt register 2nd foreigner.

so thats 5 players out/not ready out of their 8 man rotation.they played with 1 foreigner +bawji+saoud + rest trash.

last year final china vs lebanon will be replayed this year, but only to fight for the last 2 spots lol.

Comment

FIBA Asia Champions Cup Final Standings
              1. Petrochimi (Iran)
              2. Alvark Tokyo (Japan)
              3. SK Knights (Korea)
              4. Meralco Bolts (Philippines)
              5. Mono Vampire Basketball Club (Thailand)
              6. Pauian Archiland (Chinese-Taipei)
              7. Al-Riyadi (Lebanon)
              8. Liaoning Flying Leopards (China)

Congratulations Iran!

Comment

well that was quite unexpected . they sent this team only because they thought they have to pay more (than tickets) as penalty in case of late withdrawal . I only watched the last 2 games. semifinal wasn't that good. only Yakhchali carried the team on his shoulder in 2nd half but they had a very good defensive game in the final and Mirzaei had the game of his life , he scored almost 30 !!!

interesting to win a tournament with only 7.5 players (numbers according to Kazemi who considered himself as 0.5 ! since he was a bit injured) one thing is for sure that Hatami is a better coach than Shahintab. who made a joke of Iran NT this summer. Hatami wasn't brilliant before him but at least he led the team (without Samad) to the Asian Cup final.

Petro spent (and wasted) lots of money in past few years to be in this position. first they had hard time to win the Iranian league, they only managed to do that when Mahram became weak. then some editions of Champions Cup got cancelled and they had hard time to do anything in past 2 editions with better squads (and imports but with Shahintab as coach) but they won it this year when they didn't even want to participate ! life is weird sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                  well that was quite unexpected . they sent this team only because they thought they have to pay more (than tickets) as penalty in case of late withdrawal . I only watched the last 2 games. semifinal wasn't that good. only Yakhchali carried the team on his shoulder in 2nd half but they had a very good defensive game in the final and Mirzaei had the game of his life , he scored almost 30 !!!

interesting to win a tournament with only 7.5 players (numbers according to Kazemi who considered himself as 0.5 ! since he was a bit injured) one thing is for sure that Hatami is a better coach than Shahintab. who made a joke of Iran NT this summer. Hatami wasn't brilliant before him but at least he led the team (without Samad) to the Asian Cup final.

Petro spent (and wasted) lots of money in past few years to be in this position. first they had hard time to win the Iranian league, they only managed to do that when Mahram became weak. then some editions of Champions Cup got cancelled and they had hard time to do anything in past 2 editions with better squads (and imports but with Shahintab as coach) but they won it this year when they didn't even want to participate ! life is weird sometimes
                  lol at kazemi being 50 percent is that the reason he was absent and non factor in jakarta?...thats why i believe iran is a better team without haddadi around at least in asia level..

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    lol at kazemi being 50 percent is that the reason he was absent and non factor in jakarta?...thats why i believe iran is a better team without haddadi around at least in asia level..
                    He got injured in Jakarta against Japan in quarterfinal. and missed the last 2 games. Hassanzadeh replaced him and did great against Korea and was playing good in the final before our genius coach benched him for a reason nobody knows. Kazemi is not fully recovered yet.

yes that's somehow true. when Haddadi is there , other players just look at him and wait for him to do a miracle. I remember Iran was down by 12 in Qatar with less than 4-5 minutes to go and when Haddadi had to sit on bench because of his 4th foul Iran came back and even won the game. not Haddadi's fault though. other players have to learn even with Haddadi's presence they still can play their own game.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information