Qualification Tracking (all zones)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usagre View Post
    There are so many mediocre/bad teams in this extended field that for me if you can’t finish second in your group I have no sympathy for you.

You say that but Australia is a really good 2 and Canada and even Germany are very good threes. There is the possiblity of death pools.

If fact it looks to me like Canada will be in a pool with either Australia, Turkey, Italy or Russia as a 2 to avoid the other fiba America’s teams. Which of the 1 seeds wants that? Since it can’t be Argentina or USA, unless it is China then there is your death pool.

Add Nigeria to it as a 4 seed to more of a party. But I hope they stick Nigeria in Greece’s pool as a laugh. They could be quite the 4 seed.
    Last edited by mojo13; 02-27-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
      You say that but Australia is a really good 2 and Canada and even Germany are very good threes. There is the possiblity of death pools.

If fact it looks to me like Canada will be in a pool with either Australia, Turkey, Italy or Russia as a 2 to avoid the other fiba America’s teams. Which of the 1 seeds wants that? Since it can’t be Argentina or USA, unless it is China then there is your death pool.

Add Nigeria to it as a 4 seed to more of a party. But I hope they stick Nigeria in Greece’s pool as a laugh. They could be quite the 4 seed.
      Greece
      Australia
      Canada
      Nigeria

Can you imagine the rage?
      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

How about this one ?

China
        Dominican Republic
        Poland
        Ivory Coast
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
          Even though FIBA's ranking formula is very simple--too simple--it is apparently too complicated for me as I can't figure out how the US rating could possibly have improved over each of the last two windows.

Anyway, while the FIBA ranking is stupid, trying to divine some sort of qualification rankings between teams that played in different groups against different opponenents is even more stupid, so using FIBA ranking for the draw with some mechanism for ensuring geographical diversity in the groups is a reasonable way to go.
          From what I could understand the events are now weighted. So the older the event the less it's worth. USA has frequently skipped the Americup. They haven't this cycled and they won. Plus the qualifier games.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information