Philippines 2020 Tokyo Olympics 3x3 qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow starts cant win us medals in 3x3...they need to correct it
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
      If somehow someway our team would be defeated by the Samoan Joe's... SBP should give us an explanation on what went wrong..
      Explanation?

"The opposing team just scored more than we did"

Simple as that
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        Explanation?

"The opposing team just scored more than we did"

Simple as that
        Hahaha, I hope SBP people can aswer like that and not make silly excuses. But in all honesty, they should shed light on why they go on youth direction while we have a very battle hardened 3x3 touring team (not one but two) that are very able to represent us at this level...

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          Hahaha, I hope SBP people can aswer like that and not make silly excuses. But in all honesty, they should shed light on why they go on youth direction while we have a very battle hardened 3x3 touring team (not one but two) that are very able to represent us at this level...
          yeah, statham, rike, pasaol and munzon. no chemistry problem right there.. experience wise, they’re already proven in short period of time..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            yeah, statham, rike, pasaol and munzon. no chemistry problem right there.. experience wise, they’re already proven in short period of time..
            IMO..simple reason SBP is playing their cards with SMC. As I notice the sponsors for this FIBA Asia 3x3 tournament are Smart and San Miguel which is a good sign. On the other side if you will get the Pasig Grind House team which obviously sponsored by Chooks to Go. I mean SBP need to play it right for the sake of the stakeholders.
            Trolls are inutile individuals who want to look like the wiser and the best. But generally their are helpless, weakest and the ugly..Bato bato sa langit ang tamaan guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by yobabs715ph View Post
              IMO..simple reason SBP is playing their cards with SMC. As I notice the sponsors for this FIBA Asia 3x3 tournament are Smart and San Miguel which is a good sign. On the other side if you will get the Pasig Grind House team which obviously sponsored by Chooks to Go. I mean SBP need to play it right for the sake of the stakeholders.
              makes sense..

sigpic

Comment

• just a bad game against thailand that seals this team’s fate.. oh well nice finish to the tournament for the boys. later on the perlas team 3x3 against vanuatu..

sigpic

Comment

• they upset Iran. Abarrientos scored 18 pts of the teams 21pts..
                  LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                  Morayta

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
                    they upset Iran. Abarrientos scored 18 pts of the teams 21pts..
                    Just watched the video of that game. And what a game by RJ Abarrientos. I didn't notice that his other teammates scored only 3 pts. while he lit up the scoreboard with 18 pts.

This early I think its not bad to compare RJ to Jason Castro, though if my memory serves me right, castro's 3-pt. shooting wasn't as good during his amateur career. The "Blur" developed his 3-pt. shooting only in the PBA. RJ Abarrientos' 3-pt. shooting looks decent this early in his career.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Just watched the video of that game. And what a game by RJ Abarrientos. I didn't notice that his other teammates scored only 3 pts. while he lit up the scoreboard with 18 pts.

This early I think its not bad to compare RJ to Jason Castro, though if my memory serves me right, castro's 3-pt. shooting wasn't as good during his amateur career. The "Blur" developed his 3-pt. shooting only in the PBA. RJ Abarrientos' 3-pt. shooting looks decent this early in his career.
                      Imagine him with a Pasaol, santi or rike assuming that Munzon and Statham still unable to get the passport..

Amsali shooting is suspect.. and still ebona is raw at this level..

Comment

• Just watched the game vs. qatar.

No surprise that we lost considering the kind of players Qatar have in this tournament & we missed Ricci Rivero in that game. 3 of Qatar's players are already professional players playing in Qatar's division 1 pro league. These players include 6-foot-1 guard Saad Abdulrahman who is the Qatar national team's best local player. It also includes 6-foot-6 Nedim Muslic, who is among the Bosnian fellas that got Qatari passport prior to their 16th birthday, and 6-foot-9 Bobo Magasa, who is a young and promising big guy that is already playing professional basketball.

Comment

• and the girls made it to the main draw. will group with japan and sri lanka..

sigpic

Comment

Just watched the game vs. qatar.

No surprise that we lost considering the kind of players Qatar have in this tournament & we missed Ricci Rivero in that game. 3 of Qatar's players are already professional players playing in Qatar's division 1 pro league. These players include 6-foot-1 guard Saad Abdulrahman who is the Qatar national team's best local player. It also includes 6-foot-6 Nedim Muslic, who is among the Bosnian fellas that got Qatari passport prior to their 16th birthday, and 6-foot-9 Bobo Magasa, who is a young and promising big guy that is already playing professional basketball.
                            AND we sent 2high schoolers and 2cillege guys..

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                              He did say no surprise haha

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post

Where is the proclaimed face of PHL 3X3 basketball?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information