Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines 2020 Tokyo Olympics 3x3 qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Mongolia just beat Korea, 20-14

Mongolia does very well in 3x3 competition
    theyre one damn solid team...Just the minor weakness of our guys they manged to upset us last june
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I think SBP really needs smb on this, you need Romeo and cs in 3x3 settings..

And the face of 3x3 balll ahem, admit it his game is well suited here..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    theyre one damn solid team...Just the minor weakness of our guys they manged to upset us last june
    Mongolia beating PHL is not an upset. Its well documented that Mongolia shifted its priorities and resources to develop their 3X3 teams (All levels, Mens and Womens). And now Mongolia is ranked 3rd in the World (combined Men's and Women's) , behind only Russia and China. Mongolia is ranked 8th in Men's, and 2nd in Women's

https://fiba3x3.com/en/rankings/federation.html#all

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Mongolia beating PHL is not an upset. Its well documented that Mongolia shifted its priorities and resources to develop their 3X3 teams (All levels, Mens and Womens). And now Mongolia is ranked 3rd in the World (combined Men's and Women's) , behind only Russia and China. Mongolia is ranked 8th in Men's, and 2nd in Women's

https://fiba3x3.com/en/rankings/federation.html#all
    wow i never thought mongolia womens are really that high rank..Their mens team.are good but we were able to matchup with them and use the homecourt advantage to the fullest but a few instances that we got pikon costs us game..

wow i never thought mongolia womens are really that high rank..Their mens team.are good but we were able to matchup with them and use the homecourt advantage to the fullest but a few instances that we got pikon costs us game..
    unfamiliarity with 3x3 rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    unfamiliarity with 3x3 rules.
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...ef=site_search

U18 3x3 Womens team featuring 2 Fil Am girls and 2 Palarong Pambansa MVP. Good luck to the girls..
    Trolls are inutile individuals who want to look like the wiser and the best. But generally their are helpless, weakest and the ugly..Bato bato sa langit ang tamaan guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by yobabs715ph View Post
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...ef=site_search

U18 3x3 Womens team featuring 2 Fil Am girls and 2 Palarong Pambansa MVP. Good luck to the girls..
    i understand that we ranked below in mens side same as the womens side but they invite the womens side over our mens side.. upon checking weeks ago about our u18 ranking in the world we’re inside top 20.. we could’ve send lazaro, cortez, mark lopez to mongolia event..

U18 3x3 Women's

France - 22
    Philippines - 2

Now that is one hell of a beat down.

We were simply outsized and, worse, we played horrible team ball. All we did was basically try to take it strong to the hoop. That ain't going to work if you're 5'4 going up against a 6'1 defender.

Our 3x3 performances as of late has been lackluster. The SBP needs to sit down and figure out how to form a competitive team.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Thumbs up

THE ROAD to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics continues as top Filipino pro squads Pasig Chooks and Balanga Chooks compete in the FIBA 3X3 Moscow Challenger this June 7 to 8 in Russia. The said event will serve as a qualifier for the FIBA 3X3 World Tour Prague Masters in the Czech Republic this August 3 and 4 where more points are at stake to help increase the country’s FIBA ranking. READ MORE

Is Manganti injured or just busy with dleague? He is not lined up again for Bataan.
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio View Post

THE ROAD to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics continues as top Filipino pro squads Pasig Chooks and Balanga Chooks compete in the FIBA 3X3 Moscow Challenger this June 7 to 8 in Russia. The said event will serve as a qualifier for the FIBA 3X3 World Tour Prague Masters in the Czech Republic this August 3 and 4 where more points are at stake to help increase the country’s FIBA ranking. READ MORE
    Bad call by SBP in sending fan favorites Rivero's team instead of Bataan or Pasig team... SBP wasted precious points by going with Riveros team.

https://sports.inquirer.net/352155/c...lympic-3x3-bid

this is nice. more funds for the program.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio View Post

Hi Serv, one quick question, why statham is considered as american in fiba ranking? If he will be reclassified as Filipino it will increase our points by 380k. Also, with upcoming Patriots Cup, I expect the PH to garner more than 500K points. Also, the OQT will be contested by 24 top countries. Currently,PH is at 33 in the mens ranking. However top 3 teams in the world cup will be automatically be seeded in the olympics. And in the OQT, a continent should not have more than 10 countries and currently, europe have more than 10 in the top 24. That’s why i think PH can get an OQT slot if we continue to have tournaments in the country plus if we can send send teams to challengers and masters we can achieve the OQT slot
    ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Quote Originally Posted by mayfel View Post
    Hi Serv, one quick question, why statham is considered as american in fiba ranking? If he will be reclassified as Filipino it will increase our points by 380k. Also, with upcoming Patriots Cup, I expect the PH to garner more than 500K points. Also, the OQT will be contested by 24 top countries. Currently,PH is at 33 in the mens ranking. However top 3 teams in the world cup will be automatically be seeded in the olympics. And in the OQT, a continent should not have more than 10 countries and currently, europe have more than 10 in the top 24. That’s why i think PH can get an OQT slot if we continue to have tournaments in the country plus if we can send send teams to challengers and masters we can achieve the OQT slot
    so statham.doesnt have a phil passport yet

so statham.doesnt have a phil passport yet
    Based on this list, he is american https://fiba3x3.com/en/rankings/individual.html#men. But i am 100% sure, before doha masters, he is classified as PH player. Remember they say that PH peak rating is 30, he is classified as PH cager that time.
    ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Quote Originally Posted by mayfel View Post
    Sorry, the top 4 teams ( or 3 if japan choose to play in mens) in the rankings as of Nov 1, 2019 will be seeded straight to Olympics. The top 3 teams in World Cup will play in OQT. OQT will be 20 teams. 3 World Cup teams plus Host and 16 Team from rankings. the restriction for top 10 slot is open for all NOC not qualified to mens tournament ( this is not clear to me) the remaining 10 is subject to 2 restriction ( any NOC will play in OQT womens and any continent will be maxed out at countries). so i am optimistic that PH will be given a slot in the OQT. Also there is UOQT, which in my understanding ( all teams that played in 12 and 16 olympics are not allowed to take part and any NOC that qualified through ranking and play In OQT are not allowed to play) UOQT will be 6 teams and 1 will qualify to Olympics. Correct me if am wrong. I based my opinion from this link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bask..._qualification

perlas u18 3x3 team just beat netherlands 10-9 via last second shot

Philippine womens 3x3 u18 team beat Czech Republic in OT 15-14 and will face china in QF

Pasig will play in Poitiers Challenger next month as per this site https://worldtour.fiba3x3.com/2019/c...poitiers/teams

Why didnt we send a boys team for the u18 3x3?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast