Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 351

Thread: Philippines 2020 Tokyo Olympics 3x3 qualifying

  1. #321
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    I like Munzon he is talented, Ababou is very likeable as a player but even the ones from ginebra 3x3 can make a better 3x3 team. They just have better energy than the guys outside munzon..

    We will never go far with the teams chooks is sending in fiba 3x3 tours..we need talent upgrade.. might as well enlist the supposed face of 3x3 kobe and terrence and add a big like a tautuaa or cs..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  2. #322
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    56
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Boggles my mind Glenn Khobuntin and CJ Perez were never retained for 3x3. Glenn was the bright spot of 2016 campaign and CJ was competitive against Novisad.

    There has to be a better way to pool players and not restart every year.

    A team of Perez, Edu, Glenn and a shooter would have been an automatic lock by now if there was consistent program.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CoeDGOagIU

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IMsBGnLioQ

  3. #323
    Senior Member Servinio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,039

    Thumbs up



    Wilkins Balanga took home the much deserved one million pesos at the close of the Chooks To Go Pilipinas 3X3 Magiting Cup presented by Coca-Cola at the SM Megamall Friday afternoon. Alvin Pasaol was named as Most Valuable Player as led his team to the thrilling 21-19 decision over archrival Equalivet Pasig. READ MORE

  4. #324
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon9000 View Post
    Boggles my mind Glenn Khobuntin and CJ Perez were never retained for 3x3. Glenn was the bright spot of 2016 campaign and CJ was competitive against Novisad.

    There has to be a better way to pool players and not restart every year.

    A team of Perez, Edu, Glenn and a shooter would have been an automatic lock by now if there was consistent program.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CoeDGOagIU

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IMsBGnLioQ
    again talent upgrade.. sure mascarinas sees that and retaining alvin pasaol imo wont help and just unbeneficial for both parties
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  5. #325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    738
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Just watched my first Fiba 3x3 game live at the Los Angeles Masters 2019 yesterday, and saw how physical games are. They virtually allow hand-to-hand combat off-the-ball so athleticism, skill and length (mass is more advantageous) is not as vital. Strength and physicality are some of the things to look at when choosing our players. Three-point shooting is also important because of the scoring rules. It's a game we can medal in in the Olympics if we send the right team.

  6. #326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    575
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsoonxvi View Post
    Just watched my first Fiba 3x3 game live at the Los Angeles Masters 2019 yesterday, and saw how physical games are. They virtually allow hand-to-hand combat off-the-ball so athleticism, skill and length (mass is more advantageous) is not as vital. Strength and physicality are some of the things to look at when choosing our players. Three-point shooting is also important because of the scoring rules. It's a game we can medal in in the Olympics if we send the right team.
    Yeah the first few times I watched FIBA 3x3 games just online, I was surprised how physical they let it get. Guys like Statham should do fine(strength with shooting). Would be a dream if every player was a legit 2pt threat.

  7. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    What happened to Taylor Statham? Why is he suddenly not playing in the Chooks 3x3?
    Has commitment to play 5x5 in other country..

  8. #328
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    were sending meduocre teams in 3x3
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  9. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    were sending meduocre teams in 3x3
    PBA, UAAP and NCAA are all on going... We cant be chooser, good thingbwe have Chooks to Go and those Fil Ams and semiretired former PBA players, if not baka MPBL players are the only ones playing or worst Philippines not joining at all in all those Challengers and Master's tourney...

  10. #330
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    PBA, UAAP and NCAA are all on going... We cant be chooser, good thingbwe have Chooks to Go and those Fil Ams and semiretired former PBA players, if not baka MPBL players are the only ones playing or worst Philippines not joining at all in all those Challengers and Master's tourney...
    were sending yeams with imports so dapat may premium of performing well...
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  11. #331
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    738
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    were sending meduocre teams in 3x3
    This is a wasted opportunity. An Olympic medal in basketball will make the nation go bananas, even if it's from 3x3. We are suited for this format and traditional hoops powers do not prioritize it yet. It may be a short time period before other nations will be sending really good teams and by then our window will be closed. It will be like when we medalled in Berlin when basketball was still unpopular, but it still counts!

  12. #332
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    We are now rank 21 in the world

  13. #333
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    We are now rank 21 in the world
    so we can join in 2 oqt tournaments the normal one and the uoqt?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  14. #334
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,230
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    THE Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) is leaving nothing to chance as far as the 3x3 campaign in the coming Southeast Asian Games is concerned.

    A 12-man PBA pool led by Fiba World Cup revelations CJ Perez and Robert Bolick has been named on Thursday to lead the country's bid for the 3x3 gold medal.

    Joining Bolick and Perez in the pool are Terrence Romeo, Chris Banchero, Ian Sangalang, Mo Tautuaa, Chris Newsome, Baser Amer, Anthony Semerad, Mac Belo, Raymund Almazan, and Jason Perkins

    SBP president Al S. Panlilio made the announcemeny during the break in the PBA Board meeting.

    Panlilio though failed to mention who will handle the team, which will be pruned down to four by the time the 3x3 competition unfolds at the San Juan Arena.

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...-a793-20190926

  15. #335
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    slightly off topic:

    Which one is the better version of "tatluhan" ?

    Big3 or Fiba 3X3?

    I prefer Fiba's , as it is faster. Almost no deadball, and is played on a smaller court.

  16. #336
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,048
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    slightly off topic:

    Which one is the better version of "tatluhan" ?

    Big3 or Fiba 3X3?

    I prefer Fiba's , as it is faster. Almost no deadball, and is played on a smaller court.
    Fiba definitely. I get kinda bored watching it because most games end at 50 points.

  17. #337
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Fiba definitely. I get kinda bored watching it because most games end at 50 points.
    Ice Cube was bitchin' when technicalities prevented FIBA's top ranked 3X3 player Serbia's Dusan Bulut from playig in the Big3. I would have guess Bulut wouldnt do well with the slower Big3 style. But we'll never know.

  18. #338
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    19,060
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    final push that includes womens side

    https://tv5.espn.com/basketball/stor...mpression=true

  19. #339
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,981

    Default

    So if 5x5 only has 8 practices how about 3x3?
    And if 5x5 only has 3 reserves to focus on core due to limited time 3x3 has 8 reserves lol, sige keep up with the spin
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  20. #340
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,338

    Default

    sbp hand picks romeo and another guys maybe kobe to add to the top 2 3x3 players
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •