No announcement yet.

World cup Qualifiers 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In our first preparation game, we won against Japan (81-69).

Comment

Lebanon won the second game too (91-75).
      Now let's get the two wins against NZ and S-Korea !

Comment

Unfortunately we didn't make it !
        No blame against China or NZ !
        We should have one at least one game but this is basketball. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose !
        Congrats for Jordan NT. Even without a strong league they still made it.
        I don't know who to blame but for sure we don't have the level yet to compete in the WC. We need to find a leader and we need to have more discipline and a better IQ level from the players because the talents are there.
        Good luck to all Asian teams !

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
          Unfortunately we didn't make it !
          No blame against China or NZ !
          We should have one at least one game but this is basketball. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose !
          Congrats for Jordan NT. Even without a strong league they still made it.
          I don't know who to blame but for sure we don't have the level yet to compete in the WC. We need to find a leader and we need to have more discipline and a better IQ level from the players because the talents are there.
          Good luck to all Asian teams !
          Tough way to go out. We were all heart, but lacked any bball IQ. So many mistakes, when the game is on line in 4th quarter. The decision making of lebanese players is poor, extremly poor. They play with heart, but you need to think as well. This generation of lebanese basketball players were total failure, its time we build new generation. AHmad Ibrahim Amir Saoud should be shown the door out.

Comment

Hello Lebanese friends.

Tough luck for you guys. Your federation now must look forward to the next tournament.

What happen to your game against Korea?
            I was checking updates and you guys where leading.

I always thought that you guys are a hard match up for any team specially when playing at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
              Hello Lebanese friends.

Tough luck for you guys. Your federation now must look forward to the next tournament.

What happen to your game against Korea?
              I was checking updates and you guys where leading.

I always thought that you guys are a hard match up for any team specially when playing at home.
              Imo ah, the naturalize player is a bad fit.Junmar and cs can contain and pound the guy even when he was in Manila(even Kai Sotto tried to dunk on him). Good core of Ahmad Ibrahim, saoud, arakji and haidar but lacks a leader, a nba level veteran wingman whose scoring should be in level of a dar tucker who can "take charge". Old traditional 5 isnt really useful even in asia now especially if you arent that talented offensively.

As for their being tough matchup at home, their 2017 performance proves otherwise as they cant close games. Ironic that new zealand and korea were their bracket in 2017 asia cup.
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                Imo ah, the naturalize player is a bad fit.Junmar and cs can contain and pound the guy even when he was in Manila(even Kai Sotto tried to dunk on him). Good core of Ahmad Ibrahim, saoud, arakji and haidar but lacks a leader, a nba level veteran wingman whose scoring should be in level of a dar tucker who can "take charge". Old traditional 5 isnt really useful even in asia now especially if you arent that talented offensively.

As for their being tough matchup at home, their 2017 performance proves otherwise as they cant close games. Ironic that new zealand and korea were their bracket in 2017 asia cup.
                How about when they had Norvel Pelle as their NP? If you recall, Lebanon beat Gilas by like 20 points with him on the floor.
                Originally posted by gideon
                Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                  How about when they had Norvel Pelle as their NP? If you recall, Lebanon beat Gilas by like 20 points with him on the floor.
                  Majok had same impact where we first met him as np...Both are defensive c's and plays the same.. their weakness is also the same see how junmar and japeth scored against pelle last 2017( its fadi that beat us)..like lebanon we can win on any asian power house team with our domestic lineup we just need tweaking./, but we arent patient enough ( or should i say a world cup non appearance is unacceptable to Filipino baller community)
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

With the financial crisis, this might be have been last chance to qualify to World Cup for some time.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information