Japan bans players for prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan bans players for prostitution

The four men's national basketball team players who allegedly paid women for sex in Jakarta during the ongoing Asian Games have been handed a one-year ban

The four men’s national basketball team players who allegedly paid women for sex in Jakarta during the ongoing Asian Games have been handed a one-year ban by the Japan Basketball Association, the organization announced on Wednesday.

The ban, effective from the announcement, includes B. League games and the Emperor’s Cup as well as the B. League Early Cup, which, while not officially sanctioned by the JBA, is regarded as having a similar status to other official competitions.

The banned players are Takuya Hashimoto of Osaka Evessa, Takuma Sato of Shiga Lakestars, Keita Imamura of Niigata Albirex BB and Yuya Nagayoshi of Kyoto Hannaryz.
    Quite harsh. No basketball for a year.

If these players threw punches or chairs I wonder what their punishments would be? Enforced retirement?

"Effective from the announcement" means they'll miss the 2019 World Cup for sure. They'll still have a chance to make the 2020 Tokyo team. All of them are probably not that good to begin with so it probably has little effect on their 2019/2020 NTs.
    aim low, score high

Harsh indeed, but goes to show how serious they are internally in cleaning houses.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboCharger View Post
      Harsh indeed, but goes to show how serious they are internally in cleaning houses.
      Japan is well known for both strict disciplines (in all aspects) and "sex tourists".

However, I don't think it will be so harsh if the 4 are named Hachimura, Fazekas, Watanabe, and Hiejima...
      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
        Japan is well known for both strict disciplines (in all aspects) and "sex tourists".

However, I don't think it will be so harsh if the 4 are named Hachimura, Fazekas, Watanabe, and Hiejima...
        Lol. I agree with you.

Comment

The Osaka Evessa club sent Takuya Hashimoto to a Kyoto Buddhist temple for Zen studies...
          aim low, score high

Comment

Harsh indeed, but goes to vtc orly show how serious they are internally in cleaning houses.
            This is my first time here and I just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.
            Thanks!

Comment

Harsh indeed, but goes to show how rachat crédit consommation serious they are internally in cleaning houses.
              I realy enjoy to watch this leagye because there are always some surprise!

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information