Dalph Panopio Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXT NCAA D1

Another prospect of the Stellazzurra Basketball Academy takes flight abroad. A day after the announcement of the arrival of Matea Nikolikj in the maximum Spanish women's championship at the Ensino Lugo, the black-capped nursery sees Dalph Adem Panopio making the ocean crossing to go play in the United States . The point guard class in 2000 left this morning at a time of Florida, where this season will be part of the team DME Academy of Daytona Beach , one of the most important prep school of America, with the goal of entering the NCAA basketball colleges in the year next one. "We are very happy that Dalph has gone to the USA and is very happy with this collaboration with the DME Academy, which offered him a full scholarship, a total scholarship, "informs the nerostellato general manager Giacomo Rossi .

INTERNATIONAL DIMENSION Born and raised in Rome by Filipino parents, Panopio has already managed to take great satisfaction in both the countries to which he is linked and is very familiar with international basketball. Trained entirely in the Stella Azzurra Rome, from the minibasket to his debut in Serie B with the First Team up to that of last year in Serie A2 with Roseto Sharks, linked to the Stella Azzurra Roma by a partnership, in Italy he is back from being inserted for two years in a row in the Best Quintet of the U18 Excellence National Finals, of which he was the great architect of the 2018 championship and of the second place in 2019 of the Roman club of Via Flaminia. For him on the bulletin board also a second Scudetto at U15 Excellence level, again in the black-striped jersey, with which he became runner-up of European U18 in the Euroleague Adidas Next Generation Tournament 2017/18. To complete a palmares already enviable also the victory, with a lot of awards as absolute MVP of the tournament, in the Next Gen Cup 2019 of the Legabasket, played on loan at Aquila Basket Trento. Performance that earned him calls in the national youth teams of the Philippines, with which he played the U18 Asian Championships and, a few weeks ago, the U19 World Cup.

Comment

Wishing Dalph the best. Hopefully he already has a college offer in hand (most offers are done during junior year of high school or earlier).

Comment

keenly following this. will be interesting to see the results of someone who went thru Dalph's pathway... at the end to the day let's compare if any of the 6 foot above players homegrown in the Philippines will have his type of skill set .. (not referring to scoring)
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Referring to this skill set

Bogi - “Here in U.S., I get it,” he said. “They (NBA coaches) work on individual stuff, how to create your own shot, things like that. In Serbia, it’s just passing, how to set screens, how to roll. We don’t (distinguish between) big guys and small guys. We work on everything because you never know who will grow, who will stay small. Once you turn 18, it’s twice a day. Drill, drill, drill. Sometimes we will go an entire day just passing the ball, not shooting even once. That’s why we have good players.”
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            keenly following this. will be interesting to see the results of someone who went thru Dalph's pathway... at the end to the day let's compare if any of the 6 foot above players homegrown in the Philippines will have his type of skill set .. (not referring to scoring)
            My only concern is the school. I looked at its win-loss record from last year and its list of alumni. Hopefully, they are loading up for this year. And again, I hope Dalph already has a scholarship offer on hand and is just acclimating himself to the US with this move.

Comment

The first thing Dalph should do is work on his strength. That has been his waterloo and something that prevents him from truly taking off in higher level competitions. He was cut in the playoffs by Roseto Sharks because he "was not physically ready". That's understandable though as he would be playing against grown men, and European, African and American men at that. Teams in Serie B I would say are the equivalent of the higher half teams of the PBA, yes including San Miguel. These teams have resident imports and are sprinkled with 2nd/3rd generation African immigrants that are both athletic due to genes and skilled due to training--a reflection of what the Italian NT looks like.
              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                Referring to this skill set

Bogi - “Here in U.S., I get it,” he said. “They (NBA coaches) work on individual stuff, how to create your own shot, things like that. In Serbia, it’s just passing, how to set screens, how to roll. We don’t (distinguish between) big guys and small guys. We work on everything because you never know who will grow, who will stay small. Once you turn 18, it’s twice a day. Drill, drill, drill. Sometimes we will go an entire day just passing the ball, not shooting even once. That’s why we have good players.”
                "We don’t (distinguish between) big guys and small guys. We work on everything because you never know who will grow, who will stay small"
                - I hope the coaches here in the Philippines will consider this, train every young prospect all the bbasketball skills with no exemption, because we never know who will grow tall or stay small.

Comment

Originally posted by Dzee View Post
                  "We don’t (distinguish between) big guys and small guys. We work on everything because you never know who will grow, who will stay small"
                  - I hope the coaches here in the Philippines will consider this, train every young prospect all the bbasketball skills with no exemption, because we never know who will grow tall or stay small.
                  yeah especially in the ph. Everyone should be a guard until proven otherwise. The chances of a player ending up 6'4 below is 99% higher than him being being taller than that. Until now majority of uaap and ncaa players are around 6'2

Comment

DME PG Blue falls to Daytona State College 87-83.

Comment

Originally posted by sausaged View Post
                      DME PG Blue falls to Daytona State College 87-83.
                      link please

Comment

Originally posted by deviant View Post
                        link please
                        You can check it on youtube DSC men’s basketball vs DME academy.

Comment

Dalph’s been working on his athleticism it seems

Comment

Dalph Panopio latest game

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              Dalph Panopio latest game

Dalp's teammates on the bench were so animated,they almost celebrated inside the court.

Comment

Dalph with a crucial steal vs IMG, the same team TSF choked against.

I swear, Dalph is the heir apparent to Tenorio.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information