This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
    Lets see about that 5 years from now, who is better in developing a bigman, Tab(Go and Chiu)or Roel Gomez(Fajardo)?
    Fajardo's development could be attributable thru the guidance of Fernandez during his early UV days, Ildefonso inhis early PBA years and continuous Gilas international exposure.... Junmar was not really that good when he started in ABL even playing as backup to Asi..

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
      We have an advantage in the 4/5 position. All the big men of greece, russia and argentina are really bad. There performance at u18 euros is terrible. I expect coach Sandy to maximize our big men offense
      Cocoy might hear you, Caffaro is the best bigman in Youtj basketball for him....

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
        Cocoy might hear you, Caffaro is the best bigman in Youtj basketball for him....
        Just let Edu or Chiu defend Caffaro and we shall see how he fares against our defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
          Just let Edu or Chiu defend Caffaro and we shall see how he fares against our defense.
          Its would be hilarious once Edu and Chui burst Caffarro and Cocoy's bubble...

Comment

• Geo seems perfect for defending Caffaro. They are both bruiser bigs.

Comment

• Francisco Caffaro

Team: Argentina
              Born: 5/19/2000, 19
              Center, 7’0″
              Committed to Virginia

Great size for his position, one of only two 7-footers in the tournament. Great frame that allows him to take contact on the block; knows how to use his size to draw fouls and push opponents around. Has above average mobility for his size.
              Great touch when catching the ball deep in the post. At his best when he attacks from the right side of the rim. Basic but fundamentally sound footwork in the paint; does a great job of keeping his pivot foot through contact.
              Tough player. A foul magnet on the block, not afraid of contact, and shot 8.8 free throws per game. Fights for rebounds on the offensive glass. An absolute wall setting screens.
              Plays with effort. Chases long rebounds, runs back in transition D, makes the hustle plays, and dives for loose balls.
              Showed flashes of passing. Recognizes open teammates, did some passing over the top of the defense, made good reads to find teammates on the move, and can execute simple hand-offs.
              Limited explosiveness/quickness. Elevates well in space and from a standstill to get rebounds, but not a player who is going to explode in traffic for dunks and blocks at this point. Got rejected by smaller players at the rim a couple of times. Only 6 blocks in 180 minutes of play being the tallest player on the floor at all times. Slow second jump. Not a guy who is going to switch on the perimeter.
              Doesn’t have the best hands to dribble, catch passes or secure rebounds, and can be prone to turnovers against pressure.
              Not great touch beyond the restricted area. Not really effective when he can’t back his way down to the post.
              Overall: Clearly the go-to guy for Argentina, Caffaro is a big man that plays with great toughness and effort on the interior. His limited effectiveness beyond the restricted area on both ends of the floor will probably keep him from reaching the NBA, but he will certainly be a valuable piece at the collegiate level, providing size and toughness on the interior for Virginia starting next season

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                Seriously, if he's indeed Argentina's go to guy, let's count 1 win for Batang Gilas already.
                I think Argentina’s forwards and guards are gonna be our problem. I refuse to believe Caffaro is the only threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                  Yup, Dalph is another PG prospect

bro i wonder why Jeron Artest not included on our U-19 rosters? I believe he already acquired Phil passport before he reached 16.

Comment

• Greece big men are really slow. The speed of Aj, Kai and Tamayo will tire their bigs

Comment

• Tamayo's pump fake in the perimeter then the drive to the basket is really good. He should use that in the worlds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cabalen View Post
                        bro i wonder why Jeron Artest not included on our U-19 rosters? I believe he already acquired Phil passport before he reached 16.
                        If you're confident he has a passport before 16, then truly it begs the question why wasn't he invited to even tryout
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• To our historians, question, what is the highest place a Philippine team youth and Seniors ever for a world Cup, since 1970?
                          I think this once in a generation team (Golden) has a chance of being our highest place WC team in the last 50 years! If we make top 8 it's wow!
                          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

To our historians, question, what is the highest place a Philippine team youth and Seniors ever for a world Cup, since 1970?
                            I think this once in a generation team (Golden) has a chance of being our highest place WC team in the last 50 years! If we make top 8 it's wow!
                            The Golden age of philippine basketball is just around the corner. Iran has had its time.

Comment

To our historians, question, what is the highest place a Philippine team youth and Seniors ever for a world Cup, since 1970?
                              we placed 8th in 1978 world cup being the host though we’re given automatically qualified in QF. i dunno the reason. we finished 8th place..

the youth squad placed 10th in 1979..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• AJ with a steal and finish the break with a euro step

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information