64 ILDEFONSO 63 SPENCER 60 FORTEA
      68 TAMAYO 65 ROBERTS
      610 EDU 68 CORTEZ
      72 SOTTO 69 CHIU
      or
      64 AMSALI
      65 LAZARO
      66 QUIAMBAO
      Maybe Travis Roberts can be a good 2nd string shooting guard or even a small forward.He's very young but may learn from the wc experience.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by jofre View Post
        My U-19 Dream Team
        61 PANOPIO 59 NONOY
        64 ILDEFONSO 63SPENCER 63 Artest
        66 Harper 67 Balungay 65 ROBERTS
        610 EDU 68 TAMAYO
        72 SOTTO 610 Qmb
        if without the "illegible"
        61 PANOPIO 59 NONOY 60 OCZON
        64 ILDEFONSO 63 SPENCER 60 FORTEA
        68 TAMAYO 65 ROBERTS
        610 EDU 68 CORTEZ
        72 SOTTO 69 CHIU
        or
        64 AMSALI
        65 LAZARO
        66 QUIAMBAO
        Add 6'5 combo guard Robin Duncan for the starting 2 guard.

C- Quentin Millora-Brown 6'10"
        PF/4 position- AJ Edu 6'10
        SF- Ron Harper Jr. 6'6
        SG- Robin Duncan 6'5
        PG- Dalph Panopio 6'1

2nd unit

C- Kai Sotto 7'2
        PF- Carl Tamayo 6'7
        SF-Kai Ballungay 6'7
        SG- Dave Ildefonso 6'3
        PG- Mark Nonoy 5'9

11th and 12th spot

PG- Gerry Abadiano 5'10 or combo guard Mac Guadana 6'0
        SG- Terrence Fortea 5'11

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          40 mins. 18-20 mins. for Quentin I think will be enough (as a starter and Kai will come off the bench), Geo will get 1-2 mins max or just sit it out as a reserve. Less playing time will also mean less risk of injury but of course they have to make the most out of their playing time. Just imagine the height of the frontline.Kai is 7'2,AJ is 6'11 and Millora-Brown is 6'11.Carl Tamayo at 6'8 has decent height as well for a power forward but I think AJ would have more playing time.Cortez in my opinion, should learn how to play small forward for him to get a spot.I'm sorry if i keep on crying over spilt milk but talents like Millora-Brown,Ballungay and Harper Jr. are once in a lifetime for the Philippine team.We don't see much players with that height and quality everyday.
          Cortez have a quality to play small forward together with lina and lazaro but in order to achieve that, they have to play that spot regularly, this is doable if SBP maintain this team to compete in age group meet

Comment

• Agree, cortez with his size cannot compete for the top PF/C in his age group what more in the future (senior team selections). Should really try and learn 3-spot in the same mold as arwind santos/kg canaleta.

Comment

• 'Tab is the program director for gilas youth as announced by panlilio in an sbp presscon

Comment

• Originally posted by balong View Post
                'Tab is the program director for gilas youth as announced by panlilio in an sbp presscon
                perfect.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• very good news indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                    Agree, cortez with his size cannot compete for the top PF/C in his age group what more in the future (senior team selections). Should really try and learn 3-spot in the same mold as arwind santos/kg canaleta.
                    cortez is fine as a PF, especially if he grows to around 6'9". i don't think he'll make it as a SF since he has virtually no handles. he is athletic and has a long wingspan and was quite effective as a PF in the world U17 and asian U18

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                      According to the report, blatant gilas will play in a pocket tournament in Doha.

Comment

• Sotto, Edu and Panopio will start practicing with u19 in June

Comment

• Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
                          cortez is fine as a PF, especially if he grows to around 6'9". i don't think he'll make it as a SF since he has virtually no handles. he is athletic and has a long wingspan and was quite effective as a PF in the world U17 and asian U18
                          He is 6'7 right now, growing 2 more inches to 6'9--nobody can control that. But training for his handles and outside shooting, i think he has enough time for it. I think he is quick enough to guard other SF's so he can play the position on defense. It's just a matter letting his offensive game catch up.

From what i know, Cortez's idol is Japeth. I think he needs to realize that his idol's idol is KD--whose natural position is actually SF.

Comment

• Dalph is now 6’2 according to the latest measurement in his team’s website

Comment

• For Cortez, studying Draymond Green tapes, minus the antics, could be something he can actually draw inspiration from. He has the physical attributes to pull it off, though the passing part takes good vision and read: things either you have or you don't.
                              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                                Dalph is now 6’2 according to the latest measurement in his team’s website
                                Pretty much the minimum height for a point guard in Europe (except maybe in Slavic states where 6'5-6'6 is the average).
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information