Page 3 of 300 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FIBA World Cup u19 Philippine Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    I'm not sure about U-18 naturalized players.Is there such case any country has fielded U-18 naturalized players?
    Qatar fielded a bunch of U18 naturalised players originally from Bosnia and parts of Africa for the U18 3x3 Asian and World Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
    Qatar fielded a bunch of U18 naturalised players originally from Bosnia and parts of Africa for the U18 3x3 Asian and World Championships.
    Qatar I think has a different case because the players are treated as locals.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    ^
    So my assumption was correct you cannot naturalize a minor foreigner (u21) , I was just thinking of this wild idea instead of naturalizing an establish adult like Blatche , naturalize someone u16 years old like Lebron's kid or Lonzo balls brother. that way you can use him as a local (not naturalize player) for Gilas. that would be day. but I guess this rule of not being able to naturalize a minor makes this idea moot.
    I think a U-16 player can be "naturalized" if his parent becomes a Filipino citizen.But of course you have to do this through legislation (to make the naturalization process faster) which I think is not an easy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    Naturalized under Philippine Law (which requires you to be of legal age) and 'naturalized' under the Hagop Rule for FIBA are 2 different things. Basically, considering Hepa's Filipino blood, he does not have to be naturalized under Ph law (like how Blatche did), but because he doesn't have a Ph passport before 16, he'll be considered ineligible and will be considered as a 'naturalized' player by FIBA. Think of it this way, imagine if Mo Tautuaa played for Gilas instead of Blatche. He's Filipino, but he's considered 'naturalized' by FIBA.
    I'm not saying that fielding a naturalized U-18 player is impossible, its just that i don't recall if there is such a case.I know this is being too greedy, but i would like Hepa to be considered as a local, its because our laws says so.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
    They were probably naturalized before they turned 16. So they are considered locals by the Hagop rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    https://www.justlanded.com/english/P...no-citizenship you cannot be naturalized until you are 21
    These are requirements for administrative and/or judicial naturalization. No such requirement for naturalization via a special law.

So, again, you can naturalize a minor foreigner through an act of Congress. Whether it would be worth the cost, time, and effort is another matter.

Also, as pointed out by another poster, a minor may be "naturalized" if any of his/her parents' application for naturalization has been approved. However, this is not automatic. As far as I can recall, they must do some positive act, file some other petition.

lets be pragmatic here @strawHeart, you can't really naturalize a minor through special law unless some really important matter is there for consideration. one of those considered as of importance are - war refugees, seeking asylum, or in some instances loss of nationality due to failed government for example. naturalizing a minor for basketball purposes would not fall in any of these category in terms of grave importance. and you won't get congress to get this kind of approval as to minors just like that. so even entertaining the possibility is really outside the realm of reality.
    Hence, the more logical and reasonable approach to fiba sanctioned naturalized players are fielding kids who played basketball under the naturalization act through derivate or acquired citizenship. you don't have a choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    lets be pragmatic here @strawHeart, you can't really naturalize a minor through special law unless some really important matter is there for consideration. one of those considered as of importance are - war refugees, seeking asylum, or in some instances loss of nationality due to failed government for example. naturalizing a minor for basketball purposes would not fall in any of these category in terms of grave importance. and you won't get congress to get this kind of approval as to minors just like that. so even entertaining the possibility is really outside the realm of reality.
    Hence, the more logical and reasonable approach to fiba sanctioned naturalized players are fielding kids who played basketball under the naturalization act through derivate or acquired citizenship. you don't have a choice here.
    Errr.. Yes they can. Congress can enact any law as long as it won't violate the Constitution. Thus, Congress can naturalize someone, even a minor foreigner, via a special law, because it is within the Constitutional boundaries. Now, whether they consider doing that is another matter entirely. As I have said, whether it is worth the cost, time, and effort is another matter. As a lawyer, I'm just pointing out that a minor foreigner could be naturalized via a special law. Now, whether it is practical or not is beyond me.
    Last edited by StrawHeart; 03-22-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHeart View Post
    Errr.. Yes they can. Congress can enact any law as long as it won't violate the Constitution. Thus, Congress can naturalize someone, even a minor foreigner, via a special law, because it is within the Constitutional boundaries. Now, whether they consider doing that is another matter entirely. As I have said, whether it is worth the cost, time, and effort is another matter. As a lawyer, I'm just pointing out that a minor foreigner could be naturalized via a special law. Now, whether it is practical or not is beyond me.
    afaik minors would lack Juridical capacity (based on the civil code,not unless he or she is a refugee seeking political asylum), considering that they would act on their own(Article 1327 (1) Civil Code).The reason why If we need to naturalize a minor, it should be their parents that has to undergo the process.But of course that would require a lot of financing and a lot of rubbing elbows amongst the legislators.Someone should be rich and influential enough to do these things. I think the best thing is to challenge the Hagop rule in a sports arbitrary court ala Fiba vs Belize.http://amandala.com.bz/news/belize-w...centrobasquet/
    Last edited by Alex07; 03-22-2017 at 09:49 AM.

I know I can find it, but favour guys, when and where is the U18 FIBA Asia 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    I know I can find it, but favour guys, when and where is the U18 FIBA Asia 2018?
    'nil. The host country has not been announced yet.

In other news, the FIBA 3x3 u18 world championship will be on June 28-July 2. 1GDL, Clemente, Edu and Hepa sana!
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Philippines can host the u18 asiad tournament next year if SBP wants to

Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    In other news, the FIBA 3x3 u18 world championship will be on June 28-July 2. 1GDL, Clemente, Edu and Hepa sana!
    Winner line up

but i think this year Clemente is overage already sayang as he is our best shooter that is over 6'2" in HS today, I would replace him either with amsali or belangel

tall line up with a slasher and or a creator, bigs who can post, shoot 3's, drive and have the length and size to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHeart View Post

yeah! and as a lawyer, you do understand that that do not matter. gaya ng sinabi mo, it is beyond you.
    realistically, as that is what we would like to consider here, naturalizing a minor by special law for purposes of some basketball reinforcement is highly improbable to pass in Congress. that is reality.

pero malay natin, since may basis ka naman, baka maitulak. wag nga lang natin paulit paulit na paasahin iba dito (considering na ang iba sa kanila may connection sa sbp) na kaya gawin ito ng ganun ganun na lang.
    kung simpleng information drive to have fil-fors to apply for a philiippine passport nga, di macoordinate ng maayos sa dfa, ito pa kayang naturalization ng minor by special law for purposes of basketball na mas mahirap gawin kesa sa naturalization ni kuya marcus at blatche.
    Last edited by PaVi; 03-23-2017 at 06:32 AM.

So the De Llano brothers didnt get picked for the u18 despite Juan being part of the u16. So they didnt pick the eventual UAAP and Slam MVP. Was it because the others were better or because they wanted to prioritize the Ateneo kids? Can anybody confirm that no politics was involved? In my opinion there should be a continuity in the national program. It is very suspicious that key players in the u16 are suddenly not picked in the u18 when their league performance indicate they are still very good. Or was this a case of Ateneo using Gilas as a personal training ground for their up and coming players?

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    So the De Llano brothers didnt get picked for the u18 despite Juan being part of the u16. So they didnt pick the eventual UAAP and Slam MVP. Was it because the others were better or because they wanted to prioritize the Ateneo kids? Can anybody confirm that no politics was involved? In my opinion there should be a continuity in the national program. It is very suspicious that key players in the u16 are suddenly not picked in the u18 when their league performance indicate they are still very good. Or was this a case of Ateneo using Gilas as a personal training ground for their up and coming players?
    i didnt know u18 already has a pool.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i didnt know u18 already has a pool.
    I meant the last U18 team that didnt feature Belangel, DeLlano, and other key figures in the U16 team.

Belangel was not part of the team last year, personal decision. If anybody bothered checking who played on the team, only Jolo Mendoza and Gian Mamuyac were from ADMU. Head coach Mike Oliver, who is not connected with ADMU, played with a lot of team B college players who were made available by their college team like Bahio and Carino of SBC, Sinclair, Gallegos and Flores of NU, Madrigal of UP and Fran Yu of Trail. The only high school players on the team were Tibayan, Lee of Xavier and Pagsanjan. Notice that there is only one team A varsity player on the roster, Jolo Mendoza. Melecio and Rivero of DLSU were part of the pool and played in some of the team scrimmages against pro teams and team A college teams until DLSU pulled them from the pool. The handlers of Pangalanan were quoted by media that he was going to play for the national team but was a no show.

Where is the ADMU conspiracy here?
    Last edited by BLUE HORSE; 03-26-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    I meant the last U18 team that didnt feature Belangel, DeLlano, and other key figures in the U16 team.
    For 2016 under 18 team, the younger De Liano was not considered last year coz he was not as good last year as this year and he was not as good compared to guards of that batch. THE likes of Jolo Mendoza , Mamuyac , Melencio , Ricci Rivero , Fran Yu etc. In fact his older brother was considered but was injured. The 2016 under 16 team was guard heavy ,it is just that the frontline was undersized with only Carino above 6-7, and the likes of Rivero , Melencio , Mallilin and even Pangalaan not released by La Salle schools.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    Belangel was not part of the team last year, personal decision. If anybody bothered checking who played on the team, only Jolo Mendoza and Gian Mamuyac were from ADMU. Head coach Mike Oliver, who is not connected with ADMU, played with a lot of team B college players who were made available by their college team like Bahio and Carino of SBC, Sinclair and Gallegos of NU.
    Not release by unpatriotic schools.

Page 3 of 300 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast