X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    This team is really different from typical Philippine teams,
    mainly because you want Kai, AJ and Dave to be getting the touches and taking the shots (75% of shots)
    There really isn't enough touches or shots available for a dribble and shot heavy guard on this team.
    You are saying that a panopio/nonoy tandem would be much suited for this team than a panopio/abadiano.

Comment

• I actually haven't seen Nonoy play to make an assessment
      But generally I think Dalph only needs one PG to back him up, not two (or not two more players below 6feet, just 1, if that's Nonoy so be it)
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
        agree , thats why I said eli will be like a ryan reyes
        Ryan Reyes was playing pure PG when he was with SLR but was converted to SG for Chot's small ball with TnT.

Comment

• it’s important to have a matinong PG panopio when we have tall guys in the team.. a willing passer and will set the team up..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• I hope james spencer also gets included. 6'3 combo guard will be needed

Comment

• looks like eli is going to admu

Last edited by Alex07; 06-05-2019, 02:20 AM.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                When you need someone other than Kai Aj and dave to score, you can depend on Nonoy. He's proven than in the Juniors, in the NBTC and in the PbA D league. Yes it'll be Panopio mostly but when nothing's working, ycoach Sandy can pull him out of his sleeves and he can change things up in an instant
                I don't agree in having a small PG in our BG NT for U19 World Cup. However, Nonoy seems to have proven that he has a fearless attitude and had proven to at least play on par with more experienced and taller players in the D-League. I guess, we can try him as backup to Dalph.

Comment

• Whatever the final 12 will be, they will not have inferior size and skills. Ive seen the games of greece and argentina. They are good. But they havent met our best group yet.

What is important is that they play to win by a mile. The very uneven play of pinoy nts have cost it so many winnable games. The coaches should go for +20 wins at full-on running attacks every minute. The usa nt teams are really good not because they have superior players, but because their coaches press hard for maximum devastation and humiliation. This attitude prevents the fatal loss of focus, effort and aggression.

They must never play like the pba nt pros who are always smiling already with a 5 point lead that they inevitably will squander away with careless turnovers and bad shooting choices. They are so used to being barangay entertainers in the pba, that they are badly exposed against the very grim offense and defense thrown at elite fiba levels.

Pro-midgets always use the tiresome and flawed argument that certain pinoy midgets can play well against taller pinoy players. But the fact is latino and european guards are used to scoring and defending against a horde of much bigger and much more skilled players than jalalons, tenorios and nonoy can see in their lifetimes. So how sensible is it to pit midgets against these pit bulls?

I dont even know why posters are still wasting time on nonoy. He is a very good player against pinoys. But pinoys will not be the problems in greece. I cant even see how he can be better than good athletic combo guards like 6'4 ildefonso and 6'3 spencer. There are no guards like the best europeans and latinos in the uaap and development leagues, so it is very unrealistic to expect good results there to be even relevant.

Factually, it is the volume scoring of pinoy sgs and sfs that is scarily unreliable. This is why the south koreans have always had nothing to fear from our sgs and sfs. What im saying is that the coaches can give a spot to nonoy if it comforts them, even though there are no known pg issues at all. With no padrigao, pinoys can win.

As in the movie frozen, fans cant seem to let go of their security blankets of a platoon of midgets dribbling as crazily as only they can. A dispassionate observer can see that the pinoy u19 looks good even without midgets. At least five of the bigger pinoy boys are very competent at scoring and defending against international peer bigs in the shaded area. With a good assist system in place, kai, aj and carl have the proven skills to very efficiently score in the low block. Not even the senior nt can say the same against their pro peers.
                  Last edited by ccharmed; 06-04-2019, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Is Panopio already practicing with the team?

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                      When you need someone other than Kai Aj and dave to score, you can depend on Nonoy. He's proven than in the Juniors, in the NBTC and in the PbA D league. Yes it'll be Panopio mostly but when nothing's working, ycoach Sandy can pull him out of his sleeves and he can change things up in an instant
                      While I understand what you're saying, you actually don't want to rely on a guard to be the primary go to scorer on the court at any one time. Either AJ or Kai are the go to guys at any point, (they need to touch the ball at every possession), Dave, Dalph and maybe Nonoy have to play within that system and approach that they're support players waiting for kick outs from our bigs rather than smalls creating points of the dribble for themselves, if Nonoy can't play that way he's not a good fit for the team
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

In the U18 team, Josh was literally begging his guards to try to feed Kai and AJ, which is really an unfamiliar role for most PGs in the Philippines, as they're normally the focal point of scoring for their school teams
                        This was very frustrating to watch.
                        Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...oys,basketball

If anywhere close to his listed height 6 3, plain and simple he should be included with his guard like skill (even if it's not really that good), you can never have enough good size perimeter players especially in the Philippines that lacks mobile Gabe like wings
                          Nice size but I wish his 11% 3pt FG was a tiny bit better.
                          Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• Originally posted by rzr_390 View Post
                            Nice size but I wish his 11% 3pt FG was a tiny bit better.
                            OTt Any news on who is playing for Canada in the World Cup, August

Comment

• ^Their training camp starts on the 10th. Based on the pool, there are no holdovers from last year's u17 team WC roster.

Last edited by Apollo; 06-04-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                                ^Their training camp starts on the 10th. Based on the pool, there are no holdovers from last year's u17 team WC roster.

http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...-training-camp
                                I'm referring to the senior team, ( Murray etc..) whose playing

BTW is RJ Barret over 19 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information