Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madali lang yata dahil nanay ni spencer phil. passport holder..others naman not givennclearance by his other country federation
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      Understand the principle behind the U16 rule, look at the guideliness for possible reasons for exceptions, if you noticed in the guiidlines it's not an exact criteria where you will know if you will pass or not ( example - 3 years residencey, or study or exact age ( dapat below 19) , there are just mere guidlines and principles. Matt Writght didn't get an exception purely because he played in 2008 (befor hagop) , while that was a big factor it wasn't the only factor. Greg didn't get an exception alone because he played for the NT , read the exact letter from Buareman and it's a combination of many things (guidlins and principles)

So what is the basic principle- simple - acquistion of citizenship as a minor for reasons( study) other than basketball alone.

So back to Spencer look at the principle- Passport as a minor / study in UP/ was in pool of U18 team... all these are supported by verified proof and documents.
      therefore, if we want our fil-fors to be eligible even he failed to acquire passport before 16, make them like our own like getting passport atleast 16-18, enroll them in our educational institutions, and field them in our youth team. that's the way. is my understanding right?
      Last edited by ja.he; 06-18-2019, 03:13 AM.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

• Still sucks cortez is injured. But I’ll take tamayo over him if given the choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
          Still sucks cortez is injured. But I’ll take tamayo over him if given the choice.
          yeah.. cortez is sayang. another big from off the bench.. i see raven as upgraded version of pingris..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            therefore, if we want our fil-fors to be eligible even he failed to acquire passport before 16, make them like our own like getting passport atleast 16-18, enroll them in our educational institutions, and field them in our youth team. that's the way. is my understanding right.
            Not explicitly has to be those (study, Batang Gilas ), but basically yes!
            When Hepa was at NBTC in 2017, he didn't have a passport yet and was over 16 already, we did not say forget it, wala na kang pagasa. But the leadership of SBP said we need to start processing your passport ASAP if ever you are to be considered. There is still hope.. So to speak. Obviously didn't progress, but that was our chance

B
            Now Hepa cannot do a Clarkson and just come back as a 21 year old and say sige OK na ako process mo na, chance has passed
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• And that's the difference between Wright and Pringle, that moment as a teenager on decididing to play for Batang Gilas or not
              Or that's the difference between Tuffin and some Fil am who went to Div 1, without getting a passport as a teenager
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• For fil foreigners who tell me they will decide to go back to the Philippines after college, I tell them, no you won't, it is too late then!

Comment

Not explicitly has to be those (study, Batang Gilas ), but basically yes!
                  When Hepa was at NBTC in 2017, he didn't have a passport yet and was over 16 already, we did not say forget it, wala na kang pagasa. But the leadership of SBP said we need to start processing your passport ASAP if ever you are to be considered. There is still hope.. So to speak. Obviously didn't progress, but that was our chance

B
                  Now Hepa cannot do a Clarkson and just come back as a 21 year old and say sige OK na ako process mo na, chance has passed
                  studying here, imo, is big plus for fiba. it is a good proof that you want to established connection with the country you want to represent. it is akin to establish residence in your chosen country. well, this is just my own interpretation of how can we get a player eligible as local even failing to acquire passport before 16.

the proof will now be circumstantial.
                  Last edited by ja.he; 06-18-2019, 03:37 AM.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

• We win some, we lose a lot more. We are both a poor country and a baller nation with hardly any international bragging rights. Only ducks, not great ballers, will flock to our country. We are getting quite a number of local young bigs, and some friendly forces outside like the edu family to stock our nt. We should learn to work with bare resources by trying to train well these young bigs.

Look i showed barangay boys here videos of aj and kai running full throttle 5x5. Tangna, pati mga bugok na centers tumatakbo na kinabukasan. Our boys just need to see to believe that bigs are supposed to run 5x5 faster due to longer strides, to shoot better because fuc*ing midgets can only reach up to the neck, and rebound and block like crazy because that's the way of life for giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                      We win some, we lose a lot more. We are both a poor country and a baller nation with hardly any international bragging rights. Only ducks, not great ballers, will flock to our country. We are getting quite a number of local young bigs, and some friendly forces outside like the edu family to stock our nt. We should learn to work with bare resources by trying to train well these young bigs.

Look i showed barangay boys here videos of aj and kai running full throttle 5x5. Tangna, pati mga bugok na centers tumatakbo na kinabukasan. Our boys just need to see to believe that bigs are supposed to run 5x5 faster due to longer strides, to shoot better because fuc*ing midgets can only reach up to the neck, and rebound and block like crazy because that's the way of life for giants.
                      That’s why I want Kai/Aj to make the nba.

Comment

studying here, imo, is big plus for fiba. it is a good proof that you want to established connection with the country you want to represent. it is akin to establish residence in your chosen country. well, this is just my own interpretation of how can we get a player eligible as local even failing to acquire passport before 16.
                        That's correct, for 2 reasons, one It is consistent with the principle of desire to acquire citizenship not for basketball alone but to live and study
                        And second is practical point, the school will process your passport

Comment

That's correct, for 2 reasons, one It is consistent with the principle of desire to acquire citizenship not for basketball alone but to live and study
                          And second is practical point, the school will process your passport
                          therefore, if i were sbp, i'll set these following guidelines on scouting and recruiting fil-for prospects:

1. if the player is below 16, ask him if he had passport, if he has not yet possessed one, help him to acquire one;
                          2. if the player already reached 16 but not yet reached 19, ask them if they want to study pursue education here as well as if he want to play college ball here. if he accepts it, assist him to processed the necessary documents to secure his representation to the national team.
                          3. if he already reached 19 and already studying abroad, we should no longer pursue him as a local. imo, that's too late now.
                          4. give the player who refuses to undergo (1) and (2) and studied abroad or played to another a punishing consequence - never allow them to play in any of our local leagues here. huwag nilang gawing takbuhan ang pilipinas kapag hindi na maganda ang career nila.
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                            Agreed
                            Agree as well, basically, just fine tune a little
                            That is genuine local basketball program and infrastructure. FIBA likes that, because it shows the Philippines is really growing the sport with Real programs

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                              Agreed
                              A more simple implementation of point four, is local pro leagues apply the Hagop u16 rule for eligibility or establishment college residencey

That will send a strong message, if you wait too long to get a passport, sorry ka na lang, don't run back when you failed to make it as a pro in the US, and say mag PBA na lang ako as fall back plan B

Comment

therefore, if i were sbp, i'll set these following guidelines on scouting and recruiting fil-for prospects:

1. if the player is below 16, ask him if he had passport, if he has not yet possessed one, help him to acquire one;
                                2. if the player already reached 16 but not yet reached 19, ask them if they want to study pursue education here as well as if he want to play college ball here. if he accepts it, assist him to processed the necessary documents to secure his representation to the national team.
                                3. if he already reached 19 and already studying abroad, we should no longer pursue him as a local. imo, that's too late now.
                                4. give the player who refuses to undergo (1) and (2) and studied abroad or played to another a punishing consequence - never allow them to play in any of our local leagues here. huwag nilang gawing takbuhan ang pilipinas kapag hindi na maganda ang career nila.
                                how about make an MOU with the leagues here in PH to only allow players that meets criteria 1 and 2?
                                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information