Page 286 of 423 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 8447

Thread: 2019 FIBA World Cup u19 Philippine Team

  1. #5701
    Senior Member tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    I was a little disappointed they couldn’t beat ue last time but this feu win is impressive. If they are going to beat those European and SA teams they’ll need to be able to beat any of these college teams or at the very least be competitive because those international teams are capable of beating any local college teams even Ateneo.
    Ateneo Blue Eagle won over Greece U-21 national team last year and if that will be the basis then the Batang Gilas U-19 have a fighting chance against Greece U-19..

  2. #5702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,325
    Country: Austria

    Default

    https://mobile.twitter.com/karlolove...69827901943808

    “On Rui Hachimura: He wasn't even THAT dominant when he played during the 2013 FIBA Asia U16 Championship. His team was handily beat by the Nieto brothers and Jolo Mendoza during the second round of elims. But the potential was always there. Now here we are”

  3. #5703
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,889

    Default

    i still think australia u19 is better than greece..maturity na lng ng rest of the team..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  4. #5704
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,325
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    i still think australia u19 is better than greece..maturity na lng ng rest of the team..
    I think so to but Greece wouldn’t have lost by 34, not to mention for sure all those teams have also gotten better as they had their own preparation.

  5. #5705
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,596
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J@M View Post
    Core Team

    6. Rhayyan Amsali - Asia U16, World U17, Asia U18, Bullpup, Red Cubs. Rhayyan Amsali seemed underwhelming on his previous stints with the junior national team. Playing for the stacked Bullpups, he was playing a complementary role. He did not play Juniors ball last season because of residency. But in the recent NBTC tournament, Amsali has shown tremendous improvement. He looks confident with his outside shot, skills were on full display (step back 3s, finishing around the basket), and embraced the alpha role. He looks small for a wing, looks like he bulked up a bit. But I think he should be closing games as our top wing player.

    5. Gerry Abadiano - World U17, Asia U18, Bullpups. Gerry Abadiano is a winner. He is already a two-time NBTC winner and last year's UAAP Champion. He would likely have won at age 16 as the lead PG for Adamson (who had lost only once in the first 13 games in 2016-2017) before the Serrano fiasco. This year's NU's team lost only once and will play in this year's Filoil finals. Yes, has good teammates to support him but he has led "dominant" Juniors team. For me, the three best point guard in the juniors level are J. Cagulangan,
    Gerry, and M. Nonoy. Cagulangan is your pure PG while M. Nonoy is your athletic scoring PG. Gerry is not exactly better but is the hybrid of the two.

    Gerry is a "steady" point guard who knows how to set-up his teammates, understands spacing and hit open corner three pointers, can attack the rim finish strong (stocky built) or finish in crafty ways (unorthodox floaters or euro). He is good in reading P&R (having good bigs in NU helps) and is very good on isolations pulling up from the mid-range.

    Abadiano has shown that he can play internationally. In the World U17, he played the same way and his game translated. Along with Carl and Kai, they were the only one who were sure of themselves and was not intimadated. Unfortunately, he struggled in U18 playing limited minutes as a back up (not used to play back-up?). Based on his resume and precedent he is worthy of starting minutes.


    4. Dave Ildefonso - Eaglets, Asia U18. No question asked, one of the top players on these team. A triple threat who plays the right way. His biggest strength is posting up smaller guys inside. He has a unique style of getting the ball on the catch, if he doesnt have the advantage on a straight line drive he will bully ball his defender. He is very strong. Also, had a great rookie year as a freshman for the Bullpups. I'm curious how Coach Sandy will use him.

    3. Carl Tamayo - World U17, Bullpups, Filoil. Carl could be the trump card when we play in the round of 16. He shows up in games that matter. He plays mostly as a 4 or 5 with the Bullpups but I find him passive. Standing around the perimeter or settling for threes on P&R plays. He is effective that way but his best games is when he is in attack mode. Driving hard to the basket or posting up inside. He draws foul when he do this. Internationally, we have only seen him in the World U17 and he is one of the few that can match up. Unfortunately, he got injured for the last two games and was not available to play in last year's Asia U18.

    He will most likely play as the back up to either Kai or Edu. He can play the 3 but he doesn't have the reps on the defensive end. If Carl Tamayo hits some threes then becomes "aggresive" when defenders starts to close him out, it will increase our odds of winning some games and making it in the QF. I will not be surprised if he plays his best in the
    knockout stages (Round of 16).

    2. Kai Sotto - Asia U16 World U17 Asia U18, Eaglets. On every level he has shown that he belongs. A good showing will increase his profile. Go get them Kai.

    1. A.J. Edu - Asia U18. His instincts defensively is NBA Level. Has superb motor and hustles for rebounds (even at times he has no chance to get). He is the best player of this team and will be the corner stone of Philippine Basketball. Hopefully he finds a way to play in the Seniors Team of the FIBA WC.
    we dont want abadiano to play point since the strength of the team is with its bigman , gerry would be playing more in the 2 spot , making him a liabilty in defense against much taller kids. i think if gerry get the nod for the final 12 he'll be the 8th or 9th player off the bench.

    by the way dave is with the bulldogs.

  6. #5706
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    I think so to but Greece wouldn’t have lost by 34, not to mention for sure all those teams have also gotten better as they had their own preparation.
    thats why nasabi ko na maturity talaga.. i still think we should be best asian team in bangkok and we shouldnt lost that much against baby boomers
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  7. #5707
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    358
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    At the end of the day, fans keep perpetuating the errors that the pba way is the best way to prepare for asian and world fiba games. It never was, and failure evidence and videos are thick. It was only for the purely physical nature of pba players being fit as they play for 10 months, and have older and more mature bodies that their employers can force by employee discipline to weight and conditioning gear.

    Will you be serious to say that the 19yearold versions of today's pba players are better than our u19 nt boys???? Pangbarya pa lang si fajardo ng 19 laban edu, at 17 laban kai. Pero pang 5time mvp na siya ng pba.

    The best ways are competing in international invitationals here and elsewhere. Pero pangbarya din at walang pba team na regularly involved laban asian and world pro teams kahit annual exercises.

  8. #5708
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Ateneo Blue Eagle won over Greece U-21 national team last year and if that will be the basis then the Batang Gilas U-19 have a fighting chance against Greece U-19..
    Exhibition game lang to di ba?

  9. #5709
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    707
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    <blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/By8-_CpnAVg/" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/By8-_CpnAVg/" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,7

    Looks like Chiu has catched up on AJ, Carl just a couple of inches shorter

  10. #5710
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    707
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    <blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/By8-_CpnAVg/" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/By8-_CpnAVg/" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,7

    Looks like Chiu has catched up on AJ, Carl just a couple of inches shorter
    https://www.instagram.com/p/By8-_Cpn..._web_copy_link

  11. #5711
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    707
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    Exhibition game lang to di ba?
    Jones cup, I think

  12. #5712
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    i still think australia u19 is better than greece..maturity na lng ng rest of the team..
    You seem to know a lot about Greece, pa tu lung naman, the staff are looking for scouting reports on them, pa share

  13. #5713
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,325
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Jones cup, I think
    Training camp in Greece where ateneo played their u21 , some pro Greek and their senior team. Ateneo then went on to dominate the UAAP and win the championship. Not to mention they beat that u21 team on a buzzer beater meaning the game was close and tight.
    Last edited by TheRodster21; 06-21-2019 at 02:13 AM.

  14. #5714
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Jones cup, I think
    I think this was in greece against the u21 team. Which means to say this is not a regular team but a rag tag set of players in team B.

  15. #5715
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    The best guard for RP in the last asian u18 was oczon.

    At thr end of the day, its all about performance. Kahit san ka pa galing.
    Really, the best PG? Where and when does he play PG?

  16. #5716
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    358
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Greece will fight very hard, more so in the shaded lane, not to be embarrassed in their home court. It is crucial that volume perimeter shooting and spot selections are thoroughly practiced to neutralize homecourt warriorism. Thats what kazakhs and koreans do against home nts.

  17. #5717
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,596
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
    What can you say, PBA is the poster child of the motto "No Progress".
    agree , result of their closed door policy on globalization.

  18. #5718
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    358
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Really, the best PG? Where and when does he play PG?
    Let manu_bol be. He doesnt like filfors much. Let's just say he overappreciates the international capabilities of local guards.

  19. #5719
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    The best guard for RP in the last asian u18 was oczon.

    At thr end of the day, its all about performance. Kahit san ka pa galing.
    I agree. Saw it that way as well.

  20. #5720
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    149
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Saw Kai's dunks vs FEU (an alley-hoop from AJ other from a nice drive from the baseline) from his post at IG.
    But I'm rather interested on his perimeter game which he worked in the US. there's a big difference if you can do it in work outs vs actual games.

    I think he needs to be a consistent perimeter threat as well to give him a fighting chance against tall heavy defenders in the worlds.

Page 286 of 423 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •