This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    what's up with nonoy? i see nonoy as jalalon 2.0 on steroids.
    How did Jalaon fare in inteenational competitions. This minions will be eaten alive on the defensive end

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
      I’m going insane reading the posts defending Nonoy. Either you are Nonoy himself or you have dedicated yourself to worshiping him.
      Worshiping agad? I'm just stating facts. Many here have colonnial thinking or inferiority complex..

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
        Well said bro... We have to moved on from this primadonna Nonoy, ayaw magpractice tapos gusto automatic slot...
        Its the idiots in this forum that want him to get an auto slot. He is a great player but people here act like he is the Messiah of philippine basketball. They way they talk about him makes it look like he is gonna average 30 points easily. Like what the fuck he is better than Kihei Clark daw hahahaha. I feel my IQ dropping when I see them going through the five stages of grief. 5’8 midget point guard might be good for the philippines but there are 6’5 guys who are better and just as skilled as him in other countries.

Comment

How did Jalaon fare in inteenational competitions. This minions will be eaten alive on the defensive end
          How did Jason Castro fare in international competitions?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
            Worshiping agad? I'm just stating facts. Many here have colonnial thinking or inferiority complex..
            Its not colonnial thinking to be realistic about the fact that Nonoy is not as good as you make him out to be. You are ignorant plain and simple. There are other countries with better players, you know that right?

Comment

I'm not whining of Nonoy's non-inclusion in the Batang Gilas, I'm just disagreeing with your assumption that Nonoy even if included is only good for a role position and will not really a game-changer for the BG because he is not pang international pg as you always mentioned because of his height and way of playing. Why is it that Aussie Tamuri Wigness could be a good international pg while Nonoy could not in consideration? Is it because he is from Oceania and Nonoy is an unknowm promdi from Bacolod? Even Kai stated that Mark Nonoy is the best high school basketball player in the Philippines..
              Yes i guess, if you're doing fatasy style assessment, then Nonoy could potentially be a contributor . Unfortunately the coaches and selectors deal with real circumstances with all the constraints. The fact is , hindi na nag practice... (for whatever reason, politics etc etc) . So any discussion on theories that he would or not be a key contibutor is just that , pang fantasy discussion lang , who really knows? It definitly isn't a gurantee that he will be good .

Assessement of Wigness ability isn't based on theories , like if he played vs World level competition, i think he will be good. the coaches have based it on actuall performance vs world level players ( when i say world level, i don't mean different nationalies , I mean basketball level and size. Wigness is exposed to those players, just like AJ said he is exposed in 1st year college with the size and speed) Hindi po theory or projection that AJ will be good vs World level size and athletic players , he's shown it already. It's based on that , not on the color of his skin or where he's from. I don't care if he's from the province of some African nation. if he's demonstrated it , that's the basis.
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Well said bro... We have to moved on from this primadonna Nonoy, ayaw magpractice tapos gusto automatic slot...
                Thank you. I swear this nonoy and related midget issues will be alive long after im dust in the wind. Nakakapurga na din.

Comment

Nonoy should have fuckin made himself available for practice.... END of story. Now as to how he will fare against those teams, its all assumptions that what we are talking... Definitely he will be better than dumbhouse Fortea, slowfooted Abadianio and Indexisive Panopio...
                  Agree with you that Nonoy should have fuckin made himself available for practice!! At the end of the day we just agree to disagree of our assumption if 5'9 Nonoy could really be a game-changer for Batang Gilas..

Comment

Lol, I'm just stating that even that you had a US D-1 basketball experince, it doesn't mean that you are automatically better than UAAP/NCAA/Cesafi and homegrown product.
                    It actually means that most of the time, the best players in D1 will destroy the best players in Uaap,ncaa and Cesafi. You could pick a garbage time player from D1 and obviously a star from Uaap might be better.

Comment

exactly my point. the hysteria with nonoy is insane. i only see him as jalalon 2.0 and you and i know how jalalon fare in fiba asia.
                      Attack
                      defend
                      Unite

Comment

Did you recruit or make referral of Thirdy Ravena to your US D-1 school you have affiliation with? Just like Nonoy, nakabakod na ang UST sa kanya and maybe you are not yet a well-known basketball recruiter for US school and needed some validation for that title.. It is like saying that you are the only one who can distinguish a good US or international prospects because of your affiliation with Kiwi basketball and SBP and we can't because we are only a keyboard warriors?
                        Huh? ok if not me, don't you think someone with half a brain will take advantage or at least try with a talent like that right in front of him...
                        I tell people you cannot hide talent... there is no way Kai will go unoticed even if he didn't play a single game outside the Philippine or internationally. Kahit barangay league lang yun sa province. if anyone sees him , i guarantee you , 100 % . there will be scouts all over him, ringing.
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Its not colonnial thinking to be realistic about the fact that Nonoy is not as good as you make him out to be. You are ignorant plain and simple. There are other countries with better players, you know that right?
                          How can I be ignorant if I'm just stating that not all US NCAA D-1 product is better than homegrown talent? How can you say that he is not good if you haven't s seen him play in international game, me I'm just a believer that a homegrown talent can compete in international basketball, not all homegrown talent but some homegrown talent who I think can..

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            Let me get this straight .. you guys honestly think a 1st time U19 World participant from Asia should be doing better without AJ than losing by 5 to Argentina and haviing a competitive game vs host Greece. Saan galing expectation na yan? ano tayo NBA ng Asia or something , whose hiding our talent all these years?
                            Ikaw lang naman kaibigan ang kaibuturan ang pagmenos at pagkababa ng expectation at pananaw sa Pilipinas, kasi nga mas pipiliin mo pang ipagkanulo, ipagkutya ang datihan mong bayan kaysa sa ipagtanggol mo siya ng pabaluktot o’ pabalang para lamang sa interes ng pagtatangol ng inang bayan. Tama ka na sa pagkukunwari, nakasanayan na dito ang mga insulto mo sa anumang Pilipino kaya OK lang, tanggap naman dito ng maluwag ang kabastusan mo dahil may mga nagawa ka rin namang kapakipakinabang sa Philippine Basketball.

Trans: Your views are all acceptable even if almost at all times it is a misrepresentation all in favor of the other acceptable values you bring to this forum.

Sorry OT.

Comment

How can I be ignorant if I'm just stating that not all US NCAA D-1 product is better than homegrown talent? How can you say that he is not good if you haven't s seen him play in international game, me I'm just a believer that a homegrown talent can compete in international basketball, not all homegrown talent but some homegrown talent who I think can..
                              Yeah but stating that Nonoy > Clark??? How is that not ignorant? Clark may be just an inch or a little more taller but at least he is a proven player. Nonoy doesn’t even attend practices. That screams bad attitude to me and we all know mentality is very important in basketball.

Comment

It actually means that most of the time, the best players in D1 will destroy the best players in Uaap,ncaa and Cesafi. You could pick a garbage time player from D1 and obviously a star from Uaap might be better.
                                Is Kehei Clark the best player in D1? I'm comparing Kehei to Nonoy..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information