Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me adding Quiambao and Abadiano of the Bullpups, Raven of Lasalle, Amsali and Lazaro of San Beda is a good options...and as I always said before and until now adding the coach from NU and Lasalle as part of the coaching staff is a smart move if we want to include some of the best prospects in the training pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
      For me adding Quiambao and Abadiano of the Bullpups, Raven of Lasalle, Amsali and Lazaro of San Beda is a good options...and as I always said before and until now adding the coach from NU and Lasalle as part of the coaching staff is a smart move if we want to include some of the best prospects in the training pool.
      Im sure coach Sandy is aware of this.He had an interview on CNN Philippines and he said they would brainstorm on monday for the pool of players. Apparently his style of coaching is very fundamental(according to CYG), should be a treat to watch the ball movement of batang gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
        For me adding Quiambao and Abadiano of the Bullpups, Raven of Lasalle, Amsali and Lazaro of San Beda is a good options...and as I always said before and until now adding the coach from NU and Lasalle as part of the coaching staff is a smart move if we want to include some of the best prospects in the training pool.
        If QMB(NP),Ballungay(NP),Artest,Ramos, and Roberts were not invited :

My picks
        Sotto
        Edu
        Amsali
        Ildefonso
        Panopio

Chiu
        Tamayo
        Cortez
        Nonoy
        Abadiano
        Lazaro
        Quiambao or Lina

If QMB(NP),Ballungay(NP),Artest,Ramos, and Roberts were invited :

My picks
        Sotto
        Edu
        Amsali
        Ildefonso
        Panopio

QMB
        Tamayo
        Cortez
        Nonoy
        Artest
        Roberts
        Ramos

Hope we can still find a reliable good sized wing shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
          Among the names being floated to be available being considered, only Kai sotto, AJ Edu, dalph panopio, Karl Tamayo and Dave ildefonso are right there in terms of size, talent and skills.
          Interesting to see how these 5 will play together. On one end, you can't help but be impressed with their talent and elite size. On the other end, quick teams who know how to move the ball well can take advantage of their 3-man frontcourt. Excited to see the dynamics between these 5, and how coach sandy will utilize their skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
            Interesting to see how these 5 will play together. On one end, you can't help but be impressed with their talent and elite size. On the other end, quick teams who know how to move the ball well can take advantage of their 3-man frontcourt. Excited to see the dynamics between these 5, and how coach sandy will utilize their skills.
            Tamayo and edu should be able to keep up with the mobile 3 or 4s of the other teams. Sandy will definitely be better than Josh Reyes in using big men. I remember Australia vs Philippines Kai only got 2 points because of terrible coaching.

Comment

• It seems like everyone has forgotten Miguel Oczon who was one of the most valuable players for the RP U-18. He was hitting clutch shots and even guarding 6'0 Point Guards to 6'7 Small Forwards. Although undersized at the Shooting Guard position at 5'11 he could still transition into a Point Guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
                It seems like everyone has forgotten Miguel Oczon who was one of the most valuable players for the RP U-18. He was hitting clutch shots and even guarding 6'0 Point Guards to 6'7 Small Forwards. Although undersized at the Shooting Guard position at 5'11 he could still transition into a Point Guard.
                Miguel did play a bit of pg during the Batang Gilas stint but I question his ability to guard taller players at an international level. He doesn’t have any other standout qualities other than his shooting and he’s not like Kihei Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                  Miguel did play a bit of pg during the Batang Gilas stint but I question his ability to guard taller players at an international level. He doesn’t have any other standout qualities other than his shooting and he’s not like Kihei Clark.
                  as blitznutz has mentioned, he was defending really well against taller players at the asian level.

Comment

• Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
                    as blitznutz has mentioned, he was defending really well against taller players at the asian level.
                    Lets see how he fares against europeans

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                      What? You must have missed the ENTIRE fiba asia u18. He was the most impressive player in the RP team. No other standout qualities? How about his chasedown blocks and full court press pick offs. Also you question his ability to guard taller players at an international level? He was guarding 6'7 and 6'8 players from AUS/CHN. Josh Reyes said in an interview that he actually feel like Migs Oczon was the most valuable player later in the tournament with all the clutch shots and stops.

Comment

What? You must have missed the ENTIRE fiba asia u18. He was the most impressive player in the RP team. No other standout qualities? How about his chasedown blocks and full court press pick offs. Also you question his ability to guard taller players at an international level? He was guarding 6'7 and 6'8 players from AUS/CHN. Josh Reyes said in an interview that he actually feel like Migs Oczon was the most valuable player later in the tournament with all the clutch shots and stops.
                        I think the most impressive player was Aj Edu who was consistently good the entire competition. I did see the Josh Reyes interview but I don’t think he can guard dudes who are gonna be not just tall but stronger more athletic longer. He was guarding Guo Haowen who’s taller and athletic but skinny guy. Not to mention those chase down blocks of his aren’t going to be so successful at the international level when guys can finish above the rim and. His pick offs might work but again the teams at the international level are gonna be a whole lot more disciplined so it’s going to be tougher.

Comment

• Nice set of assistant coaches for the U19.

"According to sources, part of the staff of the new Batang Gilas mentor are Goldwin Monteverde, Charles Tiu, Ryan Betia, and Anton Altamirano."

Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                            Nice set of assistant coaches for the U19.

"According to sources, part of the staff of the new Batang Gilas mentor are Goldwin Monteverde, Charles Tiu, Ryan Betia, and Anton Altamirano."

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/amp/baske...ng-gilas-55620
                            Things are looking great already. Thank god the SBP realized they needed a new coach for BG

Comment

Dude was quick as a cat and was guarding whoever is in front of him competently. He was also our best passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                                Things are looking great already. Thank god the SBP realized they needed a new coach for BG
                                Also liking the diversity and inclusiveness of the staff. They got a Toroman disciple in Tiu and a pipeline to the NU camp through Monteverde and Altamirano.
                                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information