This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Fox Sports has alot of really good articles about gilas. Here’s the latest preview of our opponents
    https://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/...-19-world-cup/
    That's actually a rather good analysis of our team. It's only missing one player which is logical since he didn't play that much last year.

That's Zois Karabelas who has exploded this year playing lots of minutes at PG for a professional team at our top league dishing assists like crazy.

He is a lighting quick, pass first playmaker and a fantastic pick n roll guard. I think he will probably end in the first five players of the championship for assists per game.

He is also quite short for our standards. About 6 feet so he is the only guard that matches with the typical Filipino playmaker height wise while all our other guards have the typical Greek guard height of at least 6 3.

Comment

• Maybe Nonoy should have his own thread.

Comment

• ^seconded.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
          Lols. My Alma matter, USTe, was dragged pa. Come on now, hopefully you are speaking the truth since Lina was being lend. Before UST was obliging on lending Kevin Ferrer sa youth teams, and now my Alma Mater is the problem? Hopefully we would be enlighten with the truth/real situation, not on pointing out something just to look having an inside info, ang labas parang bigla ka lang nagimagine so now I have to spill them what I imagined.
          JRS compeitition is a second semester event, starts around December while Seniors basketball starts in August...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
            We cannot compare lina to Mark nonoy, nonoy is more superb athlete than lina but we cannot deny that despite most of the time, lina play center in ust he can play also the wing position, we already secured the #1,2, 4 & 5 position our weakest is 3, I believe why lina was included in the pool for defensive purpose on 3 position

The non inclusion of Mark nonoy is so intriguing, the only advantage of the local point guards in the pool is few inches of height but in terms of talent, nonoy already proved that he is way ahead against any 20 yrs old and below point guard here in the country
            yeah. the point of my post is Nonoy can’t practice for BG due to being rostered for UST seniors team and preparing for upcoming season while lina can practice with BG because the season is already done a long time ago for UAAP juniors
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• We have to move on with the current line-up, Please take note that Nonoy was considered but the problem is the availability and approval from his school. We need to be happy that the U18 lineup is intact so the chemistry is there already.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZIMATAR View Post
                We have to move on with the current line-up, Please take note that Nonoy was considered but the problem is the availability and approval from his school. We need to be happy that the U18 lineup is intact so the chemistry is there already.
                We will support the current line up, but the reasoning sounds a bit off. If PBA was able to make a workaround on this issue, how is it the amateur ranks were not. Then we really have a problem in the grassroots.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZIMATAR View Post
                  We have to move on with the current line-up, Please take note that Nonoy was considered but the problem is the availability and approval from his school. We need to be happy that the U18 lineup is intact so the chemistry is there already.
                  not "have to" but "should". people should move on since the final 14 is already set. all this discussion about nonoy is moot and stupid. we are putting together the best team not an all-star team.
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcan View Post
                    We will support the current line up, but the reasoning sounds a bit off. If PBA was able to make a workaround on this issue, how is it the amateur ranks were not. Then we really have a problem in the grassroots.
                    There is something wrong with over exposure of the kids to basketball activities during preseason and Summer time. Imagine some kids playing 3games in one day. That could tantamount to Child Abuse already.

Comment

• Who are Gilas playing against in Doha?

MANILA (Philippines) - With added bulk and extra heaps of confidence, the Philippines will be entering the 2019 FIBA U19 World Cup as a team nobody should overlook.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk
                        he is a grown man, what do you expect
                        hahahaha yeah! wrong link!!! hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                          There is something wrong with over exposure of the kids to basketball activities during preseason and Summer time. Imagine some kids playing 3games in one day. That could tantamount to Child Abuse already.
                          He is preparing for the multi million UAAP tournament without proper compensation, playing for the PBA d-league to earn a bit. So our grassroots was design for the commercialization and to hoard talents upto 25 years old (UAAP).

Comment

• I havent had a chance to look up argentina, russia and greece. Who are their key players?

Comment

• I hope our relievers are up to the task. We certainly are not deep, I am actually concerned where our points will be coming from in the second unit.

Kai, Edu, Ildefonso, Oczon, Panopio
                              Chiu, Tamayo, Amsali, Spencer, Abadiano

This is how I envision the rotation to be. Can the second unit hold the fort? I hope so. Or else we'll have to be imaginative with our lineup, like relegating a starter to the bench for a scoring punch, or shortening the rotation to just 8 players (which is very taxing and physically demanding). I don't hate Chiu but I don't like him either, not yet at least. I think we're better off running a 3 man rotation of Kai, AJ and Carl at the 4/5. But of course giving Chiu floor time of around 5-7 mins a game is not a bad idea at all, considering the fact we don't have Raven now to provide some semblance of length at the paint whenever our twin towers sit. That said, I think coach Sandy would see to it either one of Kai or Aj is at the floor at any given time.
                              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                                I hope our relievers are up to the task. We certainly are not deep, I am actually concerned where our points will be coming from in the second unit.

Kai, Edu, Ildefonso, Oczon, Panopio
                                Chiu, Tamayo, Amsali, Spencer, Abadiano

This is how I envision the rotation to be. Can the second unit hold the fort? I hope so. Or else we'll have to be imaginative with our lineup, like relegating a starter to the bench for a scoring punch, or shortening the rotation to just 8 players (which is very taxing and physically demanding). I don't hate Chiu but I don't like him either, not yet at least. I think we're better off running a 3 man rotation of Kai, AJ and Carl at the 4/5. But of course giving Chiu floor time of around 5-7 mins a game is not a bad idea at all, considering the fact we don't have Raven now to provide some semblance of length at the paint whenever our twin towers sit. That said, I think coach Sandy would see to it either one of Kai or Aj is at the floor at any given time.
                                tamayo either relieving edu or kai. chiu would probably get 3-4 minutes PT.. edu can play center anyway..
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information