Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiba does not look favorably to players who just join want to be Filipino or citizens so they can get paid professionaly. That's being a mercenary basically
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• SBP should conduct seminars to those filipinos based overseas if their kids selected to play for gilas basketball program mens and youth in the future. they are zero idea regarding on FIBA rules... when gilas/gilas youth made it to the worlds recently, all of sudden everybody based in abroad wants to play for the program.
      LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
      Morayta

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        therefore, if i were sbp, i'll set these following guidelines on scouting and recruiting fil-for prospects:

1. if the player is below 16, ask him if he had passport, if he has not yet possessed one, help him to acquire one;
        2. if the player already reached 16 but not yet reached 19, ask them if they want to study pursue education here as well as if he want to play college ball here. if he accepts it, assist him to processed the necessary documents to secure his representation to the national team.
        3. if he already reached 19 and already studying abroad, we should no longer pursue him as a local. imo, that's too late now.
        4. give the player who refuses to undergo (1) and (2) and studied abroad or played to another a punishing consequence - never allow them to play in any of our local leagues here. huwag nilang gawing takbuhan ang pilipinas kapag hindi na maganda ang career nila.
        Exactly, let the Hepa's, QMR's and David's know that we did not forget their turning back on us...

Comment

• SBP can ask all the boosters from uaap/ncaa schools just assist them and they will finance the trips abroad to personally recruit and fix the papers of this fil foreigners.. investment yan..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
            SBP can ask all the boosters from uaap/ncaa schools just assist them and they will finance the trips abroad to personally recruit and fix the papers of this fil foreigners.. investment yan..
            Actually, schools are really the source of funding for fil foreigners recruitment and processing of papers. They're competing against each other for talent so theyre insetivised. Totally agree use them for recruitment, in fact use them to recruit naturalize prospects who can serve as imports.
            Imagine that instead of MVP paying for Marcus or Blatche, let Danding or school booster to pay for a naturalize player
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
              how about make an MOU with the leagues here in PH to only allow players that meets criteria 1 and 2?
              actually my idea came from nbl new zealand with regards to the eligibility of their players.

there are two kinds of players in nz nbl. these are:

"There are two categories of players in the NZNBL:

1. Non-Restricted Player – players eligible to play for New Zealand in FIBA competitions

2. Restricted Player – a player who is not eligible to play for New Zealand

Basketball New Zealand believes that the NZNBL is very much a part of the player pathway for New Zealand players, where Tall Blacks and potential Tall Blacks can play and develop as players. For that reason, it is intended that NZNBL teams have a majority of players that are able to represent New Zealand."

i think sbp as well as pba should do the same. i want it to be reconciled with my previous post regarding the matter.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                actually my idea came from nbl new zealand with regards to the eligibility of their players.

there are two kinds of players in nz nbl. these are:

"There are two categories of players in the NZNBL:

1. Non-Restricted Player – players eligible to play for New Zealand in FIBA competitions

2. Restricted Player – a player who is not eligible to play for New Zealand

Basketball New Zealand believes that the NZNBL is very much a part of the player pathway for New Zealand players, where Tall Blacks and potential Tall Blacks can play and develop as players. For that reason, it is intended that NZNBL teams have a majority of players that are able to represent New Zealand."

i think sbp as well as pba should do the same. i want it to be reconciled with my previous post regarding the matter.
                it would be easy if the PBA is controlled by SBP. but reality is that its the other way around.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Influence the schools na lang, the SBP has a better chance working with them, in establishing real programs

Comment

• Sa tootoo lang the U19 team who's managent and coaches are school coaches and the development and recruitment arm of Ateneo, NU and UP is really the core of Philippine basketball in terms of local training program for future Gilas teams, it is actually not the PBA that the foundation. It is really the schools and it's supporters

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                      Influence the schools na lang, the SBP has a better chance working with them, in establishing real programs
                      well indeed. NBTC is a good avenue for these schools to recruit filfors. this way these kids will get to play in college in PH. if these kids gets recruited before 16 then better.
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                        Sa tootoo lang the U19 team who's managent and coaches are school coaches and the development and recruitment arm of Ateneo, NU and UP is really the core of Philippine basketball in terms of local training program for future Gilas teams, it is actually not the PBA that the foundation. It is really the schools and it's supporters
                        which is a good a thing. They might just end up forming an academy system like that of Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Saski Baskonia in Spain.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                          which is a good a thing. They might just end up forming an academy system like that of Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Saski Baskonia in Spain.
                          That's actually one thing I'm looking forward to--our own basketball academy.
                          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                            From PTV News:

UPDATE: Batang Gilas Under-19 lost first tune-up game against University of the East (UE), 73-71. Kai Sotto with 13pts and Dave Ildefonso with 11pts. One more game on Thursday vs. Far Eastern University (FEU).

Quarterscores: 16-28, 30-51, 62-64, 73-71.

I would guess, the starters tire out. Team could've had a deeper bench but, well.
                            Well dalph wasn’t there but still... they still have alot of practice time

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                              Well dalph wasn’t there but still... they still have alot of practice time
                              Who played?

Comment

• Dalph is so important to this team, he fits all the pieces together and the runs the offense so smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information