• Philippines

3 37.50%
  • South Korea

2 25.00%
  • Others

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 18th Asian Games [Jakarta, Indonesia, Aug 18-Sep 2]

Jordan Clarkson has yet to win a game in Asia. Blame it on Beau Belga getting eaten alive, or Jeon Junbeom shooting the lights out as usual, but bottom line is PHI has no offensive set, no screens, even if you play isoball you should have created more iso situations and space for Clarkson. Not moving the ball on the perimeter and forcing tough shots around the basket are recipes for failure when Korea plays collapsed defense (with traps) and has a big black man in the middle. Also, PH lacks a playmaker, Paul Dalistan (Lee?) is nothing but another score-first shooter.

Korea is vulnerable but may just win it all because they play harder with more organization than the other teams. However all teams will get destroyed if Australia "B" is here, that's the reality.
    aim low, score high

We do have playmakers like Tiu in the line up, but Yeng (as we called Joseller Guiao) was reluctant on where we get our offense. We really dont have that patience as the team is been built just last august 5..Pringle give us some points but certainly not the best playmaker except for one pass to almazan that result to a three pointer. Paul Dalistan lee is really a scorer and not a playmaker, his back court partner Andy mark imo is Philippines best pure point guard pound for pound but never get respect even with his countrymen..

Nevertheless we do have some "adjustments" come september just enough for us imo to qualify for the world cup despite the suspension... and I myself satisfied that our own different set of team "a" can be competitive to your red team and korean team.

The tournament served us a platform for Clarkson to showcase his basketball, the medal although been a target has been a bonus because of dilly dallying of our federation.
    Last edited by reamily; 08-28-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Philippines has no play maker in team concept. All are points guard. The next pure play maker Philippines have in the horizon is Dalph Panopio.

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    Jordan Clarkson has yet to win a game in Asia. Blame it on Beau Belga getting eaten alive, or Jeon Junbeom shooting the lights out as usual, but bottom line is PHI has no offensive set, no screens, even if you play isoball you should have created more iso situations and space for Clarkson. Not moving the ball on the perimeter and forcing tough shots around the basket are recipes for failure when Korea plays collapsed defense (with traps) and has a big black man in the middle. Also, PH lacks a playmaker, Paul Dalistan (Lee?) is nothing but another score-first shooter.

Korea is vulnerable but may just win it all because they play harder with more organization than the other teams. However all teams will get destroyed if Australia "B" is here, that's the reality.
    Hello Sinoball. Just curious with China's national team set up of having Blue and Red. Will there be a competition (Olympics, World Cup), where the best players of the pool will be combined?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCharger View Post
    Hello Sinoball. Just curious with China's national team set up of having Blue and Red. Will there be a competition (Olympics, World Cup), where the best players of the pool will be combined?
    I've mentioned it before, they will be combined at the 5th qualification window later this year, which will mark the end of the Red/Blue teams.

In my opinion, the players who played vs Gilastopainters in Game 1 will all make the real NT, except #5 Fang Shuo and #16 Dong Hanlin. #17 Sun Minghui is a question mark, but the other 6 (Zhou Qi, Ding Yanyuhang, Wang Zhelin, Liu Zhixuan, Zhao Rui and Abdushalam) will definitely make it. Team Red also has Zhao Jiwei, but he got injured right before the Asian Games, he's also a lock for the NT if healthy.
    aim low, score high

I've mentioned it before, they will be combined at the 5th qualification window later this year, which will mark the end of the Red/Blue teams.

In my opinion, the players who played vs Gilastopainters in Game 1 will all make the real NT, except #5 Fang Shuo and #16 Dong Hanlin. #17 Sun Minghui is a question mark, but the other 6 (Zhou Qi, Ding Yanyuhang, Wang Zhelin, Liu Zhixuan, Zhao Rui and Abdushalam) will definitely make it. Team Red also has Zhao Jiwei, but he got injured right before the Asian Games, he's also a lock for the NT if healthy.
    Thank you for the response. That's still a deep line up. China also have Yi Jian Lian, Li Gen, Guo Ailun, Zhou Peng.

I think blue side will get Yi, Guo, Hu Jinqiu, Zhou Peng and Li Gen

Iran destroyed Korea on the boards, 47-27. Kazemi didn't even play. You had to play a perfect game when you lose that many boards.

Ratliffe played 40 minutes and had 37 points, 12 defensive rebounds, and 0 offensive rebound.
    aim low, score high

Iran destroyed Korea on the boards, 47-27. Kazemi didn't even play. You had to play a perfect game when you lose that many boards.

Ratliffe played 40 minutes and had 37 points, 12 defensive rebounds, and 0 offensive rebound.
    It’s official: Iran has Korea’s number.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

47-27 boards! without Kazemi playing,that's something. Didn't watch the game and I Haven't been following the games as closely as I wanted to, but I thought it's going to be a tough match since Korea has added a naturalized American player.
    Is China playing with their A team in this tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Buran View Post
    47-27 boards! without Kazemi playing,that's something. Didn't watch the game and I Haven't been following the games as closely as I wanted to, but I thought it's going to be a tough match since Korea has added a naturalized American player.
    Is China playing with their A team in this tournament?
    China Red, basically half the "A" team + half the "B" team, but the "A" players will obviously play more. So it's like the "A" team with less depth.

What is Kazemi's situation, is he injured?
    aim low, score high

What is Kazemi's situation, is he injured?
    Yep, got injured against Japan. 50/50 for the final

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    It’s official: Iran has Korea’s number.

I watched the 4th quarter and this video. Obviously Iran dominated from the get go, and not to take anything away from their win, but Korea made some tactical errors in my view.
    1) Double teaming Haddadi was a huge mistake. He's too experienced, too tall and too good a passer for that. The proper strategy is let him score 30, but do not let him have assists. Haddadi had 23 points and 8 assists (in FIBA!) How many of Hassanzadeh's points were easy layups?
    2) Ratliffe was guarding Haddadi too close on the perimeter. This goes with the first point, Haddadi is too good a passer. Ratliffe should focus on protecting the paint because no other teammate could do that, and Iranian players are very good at the back door cut. Let Haddadi shoot wide-open long jumpers or 3 pointers, because he enjoys taking them but is not that good at hitting them (this is from watching him a lot in the CBA). Also, guarding Haddadi too close resulted in a few pick and rolls where Haddadi got a mismatch or an easy route to the basket.
    3) Not attacking the basket enough. This wouldn't have been a problem with Filipino players, but Koreans play too much in a system (and therefore are too timid to challenge Haddadi). Whenever Ratliffe sets a high pick for the Korean guard, the guard will invariably pop it back to Ratliffe. Yes Ratliffe is a good mid-range shooter, but how are you going to get Haddadi in foul trouble if you never attack the basket? And who will get offensive rebounds if Ratliffe keeps shooting from long distance?
    4) The full court press at 10:39 in the video was a massive FAIL.

Obviously lack of height in the front court was the main factor, and I'm sure Hur Jae and some Korean fans are going to blame the loss on the absence of Oh Se Keun, Lee Jong Hyun, and Kim Jong Kyu. Even though Hassanzadeh was having a field day, I thought Choi Jun Yong did a reasonably good job covering the 4 position. At least his effort was there, dude also lost it when he fouled out.
    aim low, score high

sinobball youre chances on the Iran game?

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    sinobball youre chances on the Iran game?
    Just when I thought Iran was in a decline starting 2015, and without Kamrani and Sahakian, Iran is seems like better than ever. The vast improvement of Mashayekhi and Hassanzadeh, and steady game of Yahkchali is giving them second win this decade.

Tactical error by Iran in the 2nd quarter putting in 4 bench players with no stabilizer. Momentum now with China.

Congratulations Team China. Asian games gold medalists.

Congrats Sinobball, McCaleb.

Congratulations China

So Iran once again failed to win its 1st basketball gold medal in the Asian Games.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Congratulations China

So Iran once again failed to win its 1st basketball gold medal in the Asian Games.
    theycant be called golden generation if they fail to win the gold that matter..they even fail to get a gold to get an olympic ticket without china competing

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCharger View Post
    Congratulations Team China. Asian games gold medalists.

Congrats Sinobball, McCaleb.
    Thanks,what a pity for Iran golden generation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12