7th Place

31/08 JPN 84 INA 66

5th Place

31/08 PHI 109 SYR 55

3rd Place

01/09 KOR 89 TPE 81

Final

01/09 IRI 72 CHN 84
    Last edited by Kings; 09-01-2018 at 02:05 PM.

I am really puzzled why we send tnt on this games if schedule permits tnt core especially with Blatche can handle the home and away but we really make sure to win all winnable games in the qualifiers
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australi...to-asian-games

This would be the last Asian Games without Australia and New Zealand.
    aim low, score high

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australi...to-asian-games

This would be the last Asian Games without Australia and New Zealand.
    😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬
    ================================================== =========================================

Quote Originally Posted by Kings View Post
    Group D

Kazakhstan
    China
    Palestine
    Palestine withdrew, so China and Kazakhstan have qualified to the top 8 before the tournament even begins.
    aim low, score high

Palestine withdrew, so China and Kazakhstan have qualified to the top 8 before the tournament even begins.
    Is this tournament some kind of joke?
    Teams withdrawing left and right!
    We The North

Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    Is this tournament some kind of joke?
    Teams withdrawing left and right!
    I think there are only 3 contenders (left): Iran, China (Red team) and Korea.

Japan isn't treating this tournament seriously, no Fazekas, Hachimura, Watanabe, or Hiejima.

TPE has no Quincy Davis.

I think Indonesia may win more games than people expect, being the host and having an import named Jamarr Johnson.

I remember Mongolia played well in 2014, it'd be interested to see how they are doing now. They have a pro (semi-pro?) league and did well in 3x3 tournaments. I expect them to beat Thailand, Hong Kong and the other weak teams, and probably challenge South Korea in a close game (or even win?).

I'm not sure at all about the West Asian teams like Syria, Qatar and UAE. Presumably they'll have imports.
    aim low, score high

Does anyone have a link to the schedule yet?

I think there are only 3 contenders (left): Iran, China (Red team) and Korea.

Japan isn't treating this tournament seriously, no Fazekas, Hachimura, Watanabe, or Hiejima.

TPE has no Quincy Davis.

I think Indonesia may win more games than people expect, being the host and having an import named Jamarr Johnson.

I remember Mongolia played well in 2014, it'd be interested to see how they are doing now. They have a pro (semi-pro?) league and did well in 3x3 tournaments. I expect them to beat Thailand, Hong Kong and the other weak teams, and probably challenge South Korea in a close game (or even win?).

I'm not sure at all about the West Asian teams like Syria, Qatar and UAE. Presumably they'll have imports.
    Philippines is no longer joining the asian games.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

No link on what kind of team japan is sending to? The teams talent is sure podium bound but cohesion of other guys is a big question mark and the fact that Yeng is atill green in intl scheme of things.. its easy if our nt coaches would help yeng but...
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Syria, even with a naturalized player, isn't in the same level as Jordan or Lebanon (though both teams aren't in this tournament). It doesn't help Syrian basketball that the country has been in a civil war some years now, plus its cage hero Michael Madanly is now at the twilight of his career. I think Syria is in the same level as Qatar (with naturalized player), India (full force Indian team) & perhaps a Taiwan team w/o a naturalized player.

Syria's performance in the 1st round of the 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers could be a gauge of how it will fare in the Asian Games.

Nevertheless, Philippines should never take both Syria & UAE lightly. Not with a hastily assembled team that we have which will hold its very 1st practice today.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 08-06-2018 at 05:08 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Is Asi Taulava the oldest player in FIBA history? How old are his children?
    aim low, score high

Is Asi Taulava the oldest player in FIBA history? How old are his children?
    He is 45!
    That is damned impressive to still be playing at the FIBA level.
    We The North

Whats even crazy first time I saw yao ming play was in the Asian games way way back when I was just a kid and he was against Prime Asi Taulava.... Many years later Yao ming is no longer playing but Asi is still rocking at the Age of 45....According to interviewes he is planning to break the record for the oldest Player in the PBA.....But I think his role in the NT will be just a locker guy and maybe take 2 minutes everygame...
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

The basketball tournament starts tomorrow but Iran will play its first game on 22 August ! great organization !

btw Hamed Haddadi is injured and is not training these days. still he will travel to Indonesia with the team. still he is supposed to play only "few minutes" and only when his service is needed. but knowing our conservative coach I won't surprise if we see Haddadi even against UAE ! lol

looks like Iran has a very easy road till the semifinal. not necessarily a good thing, sometimes winning easy games give you false confidence and then you collapse when you face a quality team for the 1st time in the competition.

TPE-JPN was really fun. Great comeback in the 3rd (was it a 13-0 run?) The CBA guys did the most damage but Peng Chun-yen and Doug Creighton also delivered in limited minutes.

Japan "B" has some talents and the score is quite respectable. I think the main reason they lost was that they didn't always run fast breaks when they got turnovers. I've never understood why all Japanese men's teams like the slow pace/half-court offense when their women's team (also height challenged) runs like rabbits every possession (and produce much better results).
    aim low, score high

Taulava is surprisingly fit for his age. Not much lift left, but looks even faster than Haddadi...
    aim low, score high

Taulava is surprisingly fit for his age. Not much lift left, but looks even faster than Haddadi...
    He started being super conscious about his fitness when he entered his 40's

I follow him in Instagram and his work ethic in the Gym is like Lebron James level same with his diet..... No wonder at the Age of 45 he can still Play....Very Funny guy and always happy and positive outlook inlife....
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

In other news, Japan men's NT reduced to eight players because of this:

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...uying-sex.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast