No announcement yet.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottie Wilbekin INSANE Performance vs Hapoel Tel aviv ● Full Highlights (44 Pts)

I had to post it here, incredible performance by Wilbekin, maybe he will finaly comeback to the Wilbekin that we love and know after this game!

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Originally posted by arelg View Post
      I had to post it here, incredible performance by Wilbekin, maybe he will finaly comeback to the Wilbekin that we love and know after this game!

in the meanwhile pargo was a disaster
      nobody can say wilbekin is a mediocre player despite his absolutely negative season. his problems are he is not an organizer and mainlyis not a penetrator. every great 3p scorer in g position must be a penetrator . if he is only a shooter (as ne would be only a penetrator) he will be easy to be limited

Comment

Wilbekin isn't a mediocre player but he isn't a main rotation player for a EL playoff level team.
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
          Wilbekin isn't a mediocre player but he isn't a main rotation player for a EL playoff level team.
          That's absurd. The last EL team he was on where he was the second or third option made the playoffs, and this Maccabi team, where he's the first option, has a very good chance of making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
            That's absurd. The last EL team he was on where he was the second or third option made the playoffs, and this Maccabi team, where he's the first option, has a very good chance of making the playoffs.
            He hasn't been the first option for a while. Which might be what did the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
              He hasn't been the first option for a while. Which might be what did the trick.
              Who's been "the first option" then? O'Bryant? Wilbekin is still going to end up leading that team in points.

If you'd argue that having a well-balanced team and not relying on one player to take twenty shots a game is a good thing, then, yeah, of course. They've been playing much more cohesively lately and that'll lead to lesser point totals for him for the greater good of the team, but he's still the "first option."

Comment

Who's been "the first option" then? O'Bryant?
                No one really but definitely not Wilbekin.
                When he was the first option, it wasn't in doubt. And not because he averaged 20 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                  No one really but definitely not Wilbekin.
                  When he was the first option, it wasn't in doubt. And not because he averaged 20 shots.
                  He's definitely still their "first option." They're playing with more balance now, which is good, but their offense still runs through him whenever he's on the court.

He had a bad stretch, no doubt. He's a good player.

I wouldn't say Calathes is a bad player because he's been even more of a brick layer than usual this season and because Pana is 8-11. Sometimes good players have bad stretches, especially when they're being asked to do too much.

Maccabi playing with more balance will help Wilbekin. But he's still their most important player, and if they're going to make the playoffs, will need him to be good and healthy.

Comment

He wasn't the third option, let alone second, lol. Wanamaker and Clyburn carried that team. It wasn't his team, it was Wanamaker's then Clyburn's. Adrien Moerman and James Anderson were as important as Wilbekin on that team.

And it depends on your point of view if you consider that Dacka team as a EL playoff level team, for my point of view they were not (they finished the season at 8th place, they could easily lose that spot to Red Star) and Wilbekin didn't even carry that team.
                    FENERBAHÇE
                    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

He wasn't the third option, let alone second, lol. Wanamaker and Clyburn carried that team. It wasn't his team, it was Wanamaker's then Clyburn's. Adrien Moerman and James Anderson were as important as Wilbekin on that team.

And it depends on your point of view if you consider that Dacka team as a EL playoff level team, for my point of view they were not (they finished the season at 8th place, they could easily lose that spot to Red Star) and Wilbekin didn't even carry that team.
                      Wanamaker was that team's first option; Clyburn and Wilbekin traded off #2. If you think Anderson and Moerman were as influential on that team as Wilbekin, you're just mistaken. Wilbekin was pretty clearly their #2 option in their playoff series.

Go back and read the threads from late that season. Wilbekin didn't "carry" the team, of course, but he was one of the key factors in their success, and no one really disagreed with that.

Comment

Maccabi Tel Aviv Top 10 Plays In The Euroleague Season (2018/19)

Comment

Tarik Black Best Dunks In 2018/19 Euroleague Season ● Maccabi Tel Aviv

Comment

Maccabi Tel Aviv Best Plays&Moments From From 2018/19 Season!

Comment

I'd like to revisit this statement.

Comment

I'd like to revisit this statement.
                                You are trying to reason with Tefvik1907.

Good luck dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information