Basketball Champions League-2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Spot View Post
    Bamberg GM Rolf Beyer today in a press conference confirmed, that Brose in the next five years will get - at least - a spot in the Champions League quaiification round (if they do not qualify directly for the regular season). You may call it "guarantee" - for me it's FIBAs version of Jordis A-licenses.
    Yeah, we watched and listened the whole press conference, but thanks for your point of view. We have to qualify like every other team.

Comment

Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
      Yeah, we watched and listened the whole press conference, but thanks for your point of view. We have to qualify like every other team.
      if so, why you need an agreement for 5 years? You just qualify and play it is just that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
        if so, why you need an agreement for 5 years? You just qualify and play it is just that simple.
        Exactly... In order to qualify like any other team, you don't need an agreement. You just qualify like any other team and that's it.

The only thing you can gain from an agreement is to secure a wild card in case you don't qualify.

Comment

Great Britain champs Leicester have applied to join the Champions League and become the first BBL to go to Europe in over a decade

The Leicester Riders might be winning the race to get a British club back into European basketball but this time, it might be more of a marathon than a sprint.
          Last edited by Dtown; 06-20-2018, 12:47 AM.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMirror View Post
            Exactly... In order to qualify like any other team, you don't need an agreement. You just qualify like any other team and that's it.

The only thing you can gain from an agreement is to secure a wild card in case you don't qualify.
            Our GM told hundreds of times, it´s no Wildcard! We are sitting next to the source, we watched the press conference, you don´t.

What we gain? First of all we can finally create a plan for the next five years and not just for the next season. Until now we were dependent on the outcome in the national competition. No Championship, no Euroleague. Players with clauses are leaving us we have to build a completely new team, sponsors don´t have any interest in sponsoring a No-Euroleague team. Our budget crashes and instead of our Eurolegue budget (22 millions 17/18), we will have something around 12-16 Mio (18/19). All sponsors which are staying are willing to sponsor Brose Bamberg (even) as a member of the FIBA Champions League. All in all this decision leads to a cut of the dependence on several variables...

Of course another reason is that we will gain more financial revenues and moreover it´s likely the contract included other goodies for Bamberg, as our Gm reported the FIBA welcomed us with open arms, but once again: the contract doesn´t include a wildcard or A-licence.

Comment

Our GM told hundreds of times, it´s no Wildcard! We are sitting next to the source, we watched the press conference, you don´t.

What we gain? First of all we can finally create a plan for the next five years and not just for the next season. Until now we were dependent on the outcome in the national competition. No Championship, no Euroleague. Players with clauses are leaving us we have to build a completely new team, sponsors don´t have any interest in sponsoring a No-Euroleague team. Our budget crashes and instead of our Eurolegue budget (22 millions 17/18), we will have something around 12-16 Mio (18/19). All sponsors which are staying are willing to sponsor Brose Bamberg (even) as a member of the FIBA Champions League. All in all this decision leads to a cut of the dependence on several variables...

Of course another reason is that we will gain more financial revenues and moreover it´s likely the contract included other goodies for Bamberg, as our Gm reported the FIBA welcomed us with open arms, but once again: the contract doesn´t include a wildcard or A-licence.
              Sorry, you didn't explain anything. What is the difference between the situation with the agreement and the situation without the agreement? According to you, there is no difference. If you qualify by results, you're in the CL, and if you don't - you're not there. That's what you claim.
              But that's the situation for all the other teams, right?
              So why do you need a special agreement, just for you? It doesn't make any sense.

Furthermore, what good is your "five year plan" if your qualification isn't assured? you're contradicting yourself here.

Will your generous sponsors, who are backing you up as members of FIBA CL, also back you up as members of... nothing?

Comment

Sorry, you didn't explain anything. What is the difference between the situation with the agreement and the situation without the agreement? According to you, there is no difference. If you qualify by results, you're in the CL, and if you don't - you're not there. That's what you claim.
                But that's the situation for all the other teams, right?
                So why do you need a special agreement, just for you? It doesn't make any sense.

Furthermore, what good is your "five year plan" if your qualification isn't assured? you're contradicting yourself here.

Will your generous sponsors, who are backing you up as members of FIBA CL, also back you up as members of... nothing?
                It's a mess to explain a fact. We got no wildcard, we have to qualify for the CL.

How the hell should I know these things? I gave u two possible reasons and you completely ignored them. Why do you think we receive a wildcard? In the German basketball forums it is not an issue at all, because lying is not a professional business in Germany.

We should reach the necessary result in our national league easily to qualify for CL. Based on that, we can plan for the next five years. By the way: why should we pay for a wildcard we won't need?

No, you got me wrong. All Euroleague bounded sponsors gonna leave us in this summer and the Bamberg bounded sponsors will stay, so we have a core of sponsors we can build up with in the next years.

Comment

It's a mess to explain a fact. We got no wildcard, we have to qualify for the CL.

How the hell should I know these things? I gave u two possible reasons and you completely ignored them. Why do you think we receive a wildcard? In the German basketball forums it is not an issue at all, because lying is not a professional business in Germany.

We should reach the necessary result in our national league easily to qualify for CL. Based on that, we can plan for the next five years. By the way: why should we pay for a wildcard we won't need?

No, you got me wrong. All Euroleague bounded sponsors gonna leave us in this summer and the Bamberg bounded sponsors will stay, so we have a core of sponsors we can build up with in the next years.
                  No, I didn't ignore your reasons, I just said they don't explain anything. They don't explain the necessity for a special agreement.
                  You say you get revenues when you're in the CL, you say you can plan ahead. But that is only true if you qualify. If you don't qualify - no revenues, and your plans go to the trash, right?
                  But that is also true for any other team that has to qualify, you are in no different situation according to what you say.
                  So what is the difference between you and (for example) Ludwigsburg? Why do you need a special agreement and they can live without it? According to what you say, you are in the same condition, so the agreement means nothing. But that makes no sense. Why would FIBA and you sign an agreement that means nothing?

Comment

it will take for FIBA to give about another 100 invitations like the Bamberg one to reach Jordi's levels.In the end i dont care,i understand sth like this might be necessary in order to attract some teams.

Comment

No, I didn't ignore your reasons, I just said they don't explain anything. They don't explain the necessity for a special agreement.
                      You say you get revenues when you're in the CL, you say you can plan ahead. But that is only true if you qualify. If you don't qualify - no revenues, and your plans go to the trash, right?
                      But that is also true for any other team that has to qualify, you are in no different situation according to what you say.
                      So what is the difference between you and (for example) Ludwigsburg? Why do you need a special agreement and they can live without it? According to what you say, you are in the same condition, so the agreement means nothing. But that makes no sense. Why would FIBA and you sign an agreement that means nothing?
                      Yeah, of course this right. The problem is, you don´t take into consideration our qualification is very, very, very likely. Our GM used the same argument in the press conference ->Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXyTwJse__U)
                      He doesn't want to sound cocky, but under normal circumstances Bamberg will qualify for the CL. Ludwigsburg will still have less than half of our budget and the qualification is far away from given.

So again: why should Bamberg pay for a wildcard? This doesn't make any sense at all from my point...

Comment

Yeah, of course this right. The problem is, you don´t take into consideration our qualification is very, very, very likely. Our GM used the same argument in the press conference ->Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXyTwJse__U)
                        He doesn't want to sound cocky, but under normal circumstances Bamberg will qualify for the CL. Ludwigsburg will still have less than half of our budget and the qualification is far away from given.

So again: why should Bamberg pay for a wildcard? This doesn't make any sense at all from my point...
                        You're the one who got it all backwards.
                        In fact you're confirming what I said - the agreement means nothing to your team, according to what you say. it would be the same with or without the agreement. So why does the agreement exist?
                        And again you don't answer the question: What is this agreement for? If you're so sure you will qualify every year, simply do it and qualify every year. No agreement is necessary for that.
                        According to you, the agreement means nothing to your team either way. So what do you need it for?

Comment

I gave you possible reasons and obviously you have no problem at all to ignore those. I only agreed, that we just receive revenues if we are part of CL, but this is God given.

At least I tried to answer your question. Now do me a favor and finally try to convince me why we should buy a wildcard?

Have you already watched the press conference?

Comment

I gave you possible reasons and obviously you have no problem at all to ignore those. I only agreed, that we just receive revenues if we are part of CL, but this is God given.

At least I tried to answer your question. Now do me a favor and finally try to convince me why we should buy a wildcard?

Have you already watched the press conference?
                            Who said anything about buying a wildcard? you get one for free if you don't qualify by results... otherwise why do you need an agreement?
                            You are so sure you will qualify every year because of your budget? in that case you don't need any agreement. just do it and qualify, like all other teams do.

So why do you need a wild card assurance? becuase no matter how cocky you are, money doesn't guarantee you results at 100% certainty. Last year for most of the season you were in 9th-10th place and out of playoff spots in Germany. Lucky for you, you had a good run at the end of the season and got into the playoffs.
                            And that was with a Euroleague-size budget.
                            So are you 100% sure you will qualify every year? great! Give up the agreement and f**king qualify every year.

You (and your team president too) are basically telling people you earn nothing from the agreement... My God, what an altruistic club of philanthropists you must be! signing and agreement which is all giving and no getting. you are committing yourselves to FIBA for five years and getting nothing in return... And you expect people to believe that? Does your team president expect people to believe that?
                            Last edited by TheMirror; 06-21-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Hell yeah! I am curious now: Tell me about our national season and the reasons for our disaster season! And I am cocky because I repeated the statement of our GM? Obviously we performed that bad, because of the liability Euroleague and all the injuries, after that we climbed up to place 4. "Lucky for you"... Please tell me why it was lucky? We were three wins ahead of the 9th place - even with a lot of injured players (Hickman, Mitrovic, Harris, Heckmann and Taylor). Last time we wouldn´t have qualify us for the CL was over a decade ago than we had way less money - also in comprehension with the other national teams.

How the hell should anybody know about the content of the agreement? Maybe we get extra revenues, maybe we gain a better chance to host the final four (if we are qualified for it), maybe the FIBA broadcast all of our games for free or we participate at the TV revenues, maybe we get support by hosting the final four, maybe we can use the Euroleague standards of last season (Court, Basket,etc...), maybe we receive a voice in the responsible board (CL is not hosted by the FIBA directly, right?), maybe we can participate extra of some ticket revenues...

Some points are kinda "unfair", some are unlikely, though it should make clear this agreement could include a lot of different aspects. To make it short: you think our GM is lying in a press conference? If your answer is "Yes", we don't have to keep that senseless discussion alive...only if you are able to give me some valid arguments why he should do that...

Another question: Are u absolutely sure this has nothing to do with some grown antipathy toward FIBA? - as you are ECA bounded...

If you keep going to ignore my arguments, intentionally misunderstanding me and just repeat your non-argument ramblings I won´t respond on that anymore...

Comment

Thiago why do you persist not to understand?
                                TheMirror explained very well. If you will join BCL only if you qualfy why do you need to make an agreement with Fiba for 5 years. Joining BCL based on the local league results is already valid for all teams. You dont need make agreement for that.

For long term plan, you still dont need to make an agreement. It is Brose decision and one sided why Fiba included in. This is only club's own decision why Fiba joined that.

It is obvious this is a license ( you may call another prettier name if you dont like it )

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information