Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest European NBA Player Performance of All-Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest European NBA Player Performance of All-Time?

I was looking back to the Finals MVP records, two players I have noticed from Europe;

2007 - Tony Parker

2011 - Dirk Nowitzki

Who is the greatest European performance for your opinion?

You can say that Dallas played with a tougher team than San Antonio played, which is true. However, for Tony Parker to win an MVP award despite a superstar such as Tim Duncan, that's truly an amazing performance, so I am undecided on this one.
    Tony Parker
    0%
    Dirk Nowitzki
    0%
    Other
    0%

No comparison at all. Take Nowitzki off of Dallas and they get swept. Take Parker off of San Antonio and they still win that series probably still in a confortable fashion. Duncan was true MVP of that team in any series they played. Remove him and Cleveland wins that series.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
      No comparison at all. Take Nowitzki off of Dallas and they get swept. Take Parker off of San Antonio and they still win that series probably still in a confortable fashion. Duncan was true MVP of that team in any series they played. Remove him and Cleveland wins that series.
      How do you think he won the 2007 MVP award in front of Tim Duncan?

Do you think the voters were biased?

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
        How do you think he won the 2007 MVP award in front of Tim Duncan?

Do you think the voters were biased?
        Not at all. I have no problem with him winning it, he deserved it. But you have to look deeper for true meaning or value. That series was a mismatch and a sweep. So that kind of diminishes the value. A better measure is who was the MVP of that entire playoff run or season, and in those cases it’s clearly Tim Duncan. Nowitzki was the MVP for Dallas of that series, entire playoffs, regular season and probably 90% of the games they won combined. No comparison.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Dirk. It's not even close. He was flat out unguardable for the entire playoffs. I hadn't seen a player dominate like that offensively since until Steph in 2015 and Kawhi when healthy last year and LeBron the past two years.

Seriously. Dirk was genuinely breathtakingly good.

Comment

With the Olympic games, a few friends and I were discussing who we thought was the best foreign (non-American) basketball player ever? And who is it now?fedloan|irs.gov|easybib

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12
              I was looking back to the Finals MVP records, two players I have noticed from Europe;

2007 - Tony Parker

2011 - Dirk Nowitzki

Who is the greatest European performance for your opinion?

You can say that Dallas played with a tougher team than San Antonio played, which is true. However, for Tony Parker to win an MVP award despite a superstar such as Tim Duncan, that's truly an amazing performance, so I am undecided on this one.
              Giannis Antetokounmpo... who else?

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information