Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kapustelis View Post
    How did Skycop become an LKL team, if I may ask?
    An old-fashioned airlift into the Lithuanian city where a brown river flows.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-25-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      Adomaitis continues to pove to be predictable, lame and shallow coach as he didn't even register Sirvydis, arguably most talented player in Rytas roster, but he found place for scrubs like Normantas and Pilauskas. That's the coach which according to new Rytas' staff should be emphasizing youngsters and so on... Maybe it's an injury, otherwise to me Rytas is complete enigma to me....
      Speaking of youngsters and playing time, why did Laurynas Birutis get zero seconds of playing time in Žalgiris blowout victory against Pieno Žvaigždės? That's precisely what worried me when I saw that Žalgiris lifted him from Šiauliai's roster, that perhaps the most promising youngster Lithuania has would languish at the end of the bench and not get the playing time to develop his skills.

Watched a bit Nevezis- Neptunas and I have to say Martynas Varnas looked pretty well. I don't think we can call him a bust as of yet. He's only 21yo still. I'm not sure he can become Zalgiris' material....
      Must every Lithuanian youngster aspire to be Žalgiris material? Signing with Žalgiris is not necessarily the best of career moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Speaking of youngsters and playing time, why did Laurynas Birutis get zero seconds of playing time in Žalgiris blowout victory against Pieno Žvaigždės? That's precisely what worried me when I saw that Žalgiris lifted him from Šiauliai's roster, that perhaps the most promising youngster Lithuania has would languish at the end of the bench and not get the playing time to develop his skills.

Must every Lithuanian youngster aspire to be Žalgiris material? Signing with Žalgiris is not necessarily the best of career moves.
        Birutis was injured, while Varnas belongs to Žalgiris, he was loaned to Nevėžis (18yo Jokubaitis played though). And no, Birutis is not most promising youngster of Lithuania, IMO.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Birutis was injured, while Varnas belongs to Žalgiris, he was loaned to Nevėžis (18yo Jokubaitis played though). And no, Birutis is not most promising youngster of Lithuania, IMO.
          Of couse he's not, that's Marciulionis junior

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
            Of couse he's not, that's Marciulionis junior
            Good joke man

On the serious note, aside Sabonis who is just one year older than Birutis BTW, I think it's between Kulboka, Ehodas, Sedekerskis, Sirvydis, Jokubaitis.
            As for Marciulionis, gotta wait for few more years (maybe even more remembering his legendary father's ways), you right about this. I don't think Birutis tops this lists, he's just one of the best, at least at the moment. After Domas, we don't have one obvious "stand out", as of yet.

Oh, and I missed Blazevic. He's still so young, but I believe he will be a real deal center. Too fundamentally sound not to be.
            Last edited by Straight forward; 09-26-2018, 02:00 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Good joke man

On the serious note, aside Sabonis who is just one year older than Birutis BTW, I think it's between Kulboka, Ehodas, Sedekerskis, Sirvydis, Jokubaitis.
              As for Marciulionis, gotta wait for few more years (maybe even more remembering his legendary father's ways), you right about this. I don't think Birutis tops this lists, he's just one of the best, at least at the moment. After Domas, we don't have one obvious "stand out", as of yet.

Oh, and I missed Blazevic. He's still so young, but I believe he will be a real deal center. Too fundamentally sound not to be.
              If there is Echodas in this list, there should be Birutis as well because i don't think he's any worse. They played together in U20 EC a year and some months ago and did very similar. Personally i think i like Birutis even more. He's a tall center with long arms and not slow body at all. His improvement has been awesome and his 2pt percentage has been great that makes him also a very effective player in the rym. On the other hand, he hasn't played in the top team yet unlike Echodas who already did it and very decently. But somehow i don't see any real improvement in Echodas's game in Rytas since one year and i'm not sure if he can be better. In this case of expect i'm looking forward Birutis more and even put him highier than Echodas, but it can easy be opposite as it's a new team and level for Birutis. Anyway, they both are promising and already good players and good frriends by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                If there is Echodas in this list, there should be Birutis as well because i don't think he's any worse. They played together in U20 EC a year and some months ago and did very similar. Personally i think i like Birutis even more. He's a tall center with long arms and not slow body at all. His improvement has been awesome and his 2pt percentage has been great that makes him also a very effective player in the rym. On the other hand, he hasn't played in the top team yet unlike Echodas who already did it and very decently. But somehow i don't see any real improvement in Echodas's game in Rytas since one year and i'm not sure if he can be better. In this case of expect i'm looking forward Birutis more and even put him highier than Echodas, but it can easy be opposite as it's a new team and level for Birutis. Anyway, they both are promising and already good players and good frriends by the way.
                I said I don't think Birutis tops that list. I didn't say he is out from that list I agree with what you said.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Nevezis' coach Cvirka must be working for free. He's horrid by all means. Dzukija schooled Nevezis in the first quarter 38:4 ...Urlep does a good job. Most of our Lith coaches pretty bad, IMO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I see that Žalgiris has cut Artūras Milaknis loose. Hopefully Rokas Jokubaitis is brought up to replace Milaknis on the twelve man roster and that Marius Grigonis and Edgaras Ulanovas now get more playing time.

Comment

I see that Žalgiris has cut Artūras Milaknis loose. Hopefully Rokas Jokubaitis is brought up to replace Milaknis on the twelve man roster and that Marius Grigonis and Edgaras Ulanovas now get more playing time.
                      I wish... He's one of the keys Hepcat, at least in the locker room. So he's staying

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

What on earth? Sometimes I wonder about the headlines they use on Basketnews.lt:

„BasketNews.lt“ podkastas: kaip Milaknis buvo atleistas iš „Žalgirio“ ir kur save mato ateityje

TRANSLATION

Basketnews podcast: how Milaknis was let go from "Žalgiris" and where he sees himself in the future

I mean how else could/should I have interpreted that headline?

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-20-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I mean how else could/should I have interpreted that headline?

I assume you're looking for a more subtle answer than suggestion to read/listen the whole thing?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Or develop an attention span greater than a grasshopper's.

Still, talk about a misleading banner headline!

Comment

Respect for NKL and Delfi for not broadcasting Zalgiris- Perlas...they know how to attract the viewers.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

OK, Žalgiris is in some serious crisis now. One thing is to struggle in Euroleague, other to lose all games to Neptunas this season. Sure, injuries and shit, but It looks like Žalgiris is physically and mentally done. Euroleague and Šaras taking the team to the limits take too much. I think if all team would be completely healthy this would probably work, but Žalgiris also made a lot of mistakes building the team this time. And also I think Šaras now underachieving in such games because most players feels leached and don't play the way they could, Žalgiris is playing without any sparkle at offence, same already boring over-systematic basketball. I treat this season as still good season, because let's face it, Žalgiris is still at the higher level than it used to be in pre-Šaras era, but some signs are very gloomy. Šaras, as a young coach, will have a lot food for thought after the season.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information