Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2018-19

Question

What on earth? Sometimes I wonder about the headlines they use on Basketnews.lt:

„BasketNews.lt“ podkastas: kaip Milaknis buvo atleistas iš „Žalgirio“ ir kur save mato ateityje

TRANSLATION

Basketnews podcast: how Milaknis was let go from "Žalgiris" and where he sees himself in the future

I mean how else could/should I have interpreted that headline?

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-20-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    I mean how else could/should I have interpreted that headline?

I assume you're looking for a more subtle answer than suggestion to read/listen the whole thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Exclamation

Or develop an attention span greater than a grasshopper's.

Still, talk about a misleading banner headline!

Respect for NKL and Delfi for not broadcasting Zalgiris- Perlas...they know how to attract the viewers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK, Žalgiris is in some serious crisis now. One thing is to struggle in Euroleague, other to lose all games to Neptunas this season. Sure, injuries and shit, but It looks like Žalgiris is physically and mentally done. Euroleague and Šaras taking the team to the limits take too much. I think if all team would be completely healthy this would probably work, but Žalgiris also made a lot of mistakes building the team this time. And also I think Šaras now underachieving in such games because most players feels leached and don't play the way they could, Žalgiris is playing without any sparkle at offence, same already boring over-systematic basketball. I treat this season as still good season, because let's face it, Žalgiris is still at the higher level than it used to be in pre-Šaras era, but some signs are very gloomy. Šaras, as a young coach, will have a lot food for thought after the season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zalgiris'18 vs Olympiakos'18 = Neptunas'19 vs Zalgiris'19

Nevezis is one fucked up team. Now "Professor" Cvirka is coming back to the head coach position. God prevent young prospects ending up there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Nevezis is one fucked up team. Now "Professor" Cvirka is coming back to the head coach position. God prevent young prospects ending up there...
    Varnas under Cvirka: 27.6 mpg, 10.0 ppg, 10.2 effpg
    Varnas under Dimavicius 18.1 mpg, 5.6 ppg, 4.7 effpg

Doesn't Martynas Varnas still have the potential to develop into a player useful for at least Team Lietuva Qualifying window games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Doesn't Martynas Varnas still have the potential to develop into a player useful for at least Team Lietuva Qualifying window games?

I don't think so. As a prospect he was quite fine athlete, but always soft. Once he had to bulk for PRO ball he lost his athleticism and shooting touch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LKL coaches and GMs should stop winning though. So many scrubs and scrubby teams now suddenly are harmed by the refs. I can live with Sireika's complaining which happens once or twice in a year, but Maksvitis, Urbonas, Adomaitis, Seskus...Jeez, just play that scrub ball and shut the fuck up I mean, Juventus GM says "I hope we'll get fair chance to play against Rytas". I mean, come on man! Winning got all over the board. One crappy team calling another crappy team a damn powerhouse protected by refs...It's so funny. Current Rytas is a complete peace of shit even compared to say 2012-2015 period and that period was three levels below truly elite Rytas teams of 2000 - 2004 and two levels below 2004 -2008 teams (last time Rytas was legit powerhouse).

LKL improved in terms of depth and competition, but now crappy teams go winning all over and there's no-one even worth Zalgiris sweat when they are serious. LKL finals will be a sweep again. Scrubs should stop winning and play some ball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Predictions for 1st third of season (until changes begin)
    Teams most likely to remain in same positions as last season: Zalgiris and Rytas
    Teams most likely to improve: Skycop and Juventus
    Teams most likely to slide down: Siauliai and Neptunas
    One remained, one didn't. 50%
    Both improved, not as much as I thought. 75%
    One slid other didn't. 50%

check lkl most scoring lithuanian players this season :

1.Z.Janavicius (30) 13,6pts
    2.P.Valinskas (23) 12,6pts
    3.D.Gailius (31) 12,6pts
    4.D.Lavrinovic (39) 12,6pts
    5.I.Vaitkus (26) 12,2pts
    6.M.Gecevicius (31) 12,2pts
    7.E.Saulys (26) 11,6pts
    8.M.Geben (24) 11.6pts
    9.E.Bendzius (29) 11,4pts
    10.T.Lekunas (26) 11,1pts
    11.T.Delininkaitis (37) 10.8pts
    12.A.Siksnius (31) 10,7pts
    13.D.Bickauskis (26) 10,3pts
    14.G.Masiulis (21) 10,3pts

janavicius and bendzius has some shot making nt 2019

only Valinskas,Masiulis,Geben give some hope they can join our nt team after 2020,half of them are washed up veterans and that still are the top players its only show lkl level...in Zalgiris also only two nt material players Grigonis and Ulanovas that will play after 2020.

Didnt found anything too promissing in best lkl players list of 2019.

Hopefully neptunas will sign valinskas and geben in summer,nothing to find in lkl even for Neptunas level team.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-13-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    janavicius and bendzius has some shot making nt 2019
    Janavicius, yes. He's solid and he's at his prime. Bendzius? Hell, no. Absolute tissue at D. Put him in a game against Australia/Canada and you instantly have a problem. Fuck it, take Sedekerskis, Butkevicius, use Ulanovas at 4, use one legged Maciulis or whatever, but avoid Bendzius at any cost in a serious game.

only Valinskas,Masiulis,Geben give some hope they can join our nt team after 2020,half of them are washed up veterans and that still are the top players its only show lkl level...in Zalgiris also only two nt material players Grigonis and Ulanovas that will play after 2020.
    Wrong, IMO. There's also Matas Jogela, Sirvydis, Jokubaitis and Birutis, Ehodas. All these will be in radar in 2021. Remember, there's 2,4 years till EB 2021. And it's only LKL.

As for Neptunas, they should be calling Kulboka and Sedekerskis. Probably unlikely to get them, but Sedekerskis himself I think would want to end up there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Janavicius, yes. He's solid and he's at his prime. Bendzius? Hell, no. Absolute tissue at D. Put him in a game against Australia/Canada and you instantly have a problem. Fuck it, take Sedekerskis, Butkevicius, use Ulanovas at 4, use one legged Maciulis or whatever, but avoid Bendzius at any cost in a serious game.

Wrong, IMO. There's also Matas Jogela, Sirvydis, Jokubaitis and Birutis, Ehodas. All these will be in radar in 2021. Remember, there's 2,4 years till EB 2021. And it's only LKL.
    Firstly no lkl player can help against elite world teams you mentioned that is not in zalgiris uniform...it will be like playoffs games with 8 main players only playing against those 2 teams.

Sedekerskis over Bendzius no way...Eimantas played way better in acb than sedekerskis ever played.Im not fan of Bendzius either is too sissy to my taste,but it's Adomaitis player and he is leading rytas scorer this season and can make treepointers he fits with our centers, Dainius will take him as 10-12 bench player I can bet that like he did in 2017.

Bendzius is in his peak 29, Sedekerskis still a kid...

I believe Bendzius is more suitable for our 2019 team than Butkevicius too.

As I said I would take as much shooters as possible for JV and Domantas double teams.If you can't make open shots im not taking such player I don't care what other values he have in lkl level, he won't be able to show them on world level either way. We have inside players enough that can't shoot.

if now youngster is not scoring 10 pts in lkl in 2019 he has zero chance be ready for nt team after 2 years.Now 2019 you have to score atleast about 10 pts in lkl than go outside lkl get experience and maybe you have shot.Zalgiris and Rytas player stats is a bit different, but for other lkl teams you must be one leading scorers today, to have chance to be ready in 2 years.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-14-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Firstly no lkl player can help against elite world teams you mentioned that is not in zalgiris uniform...it will be like playoffs games with 8 main players only playing against those 2 teams.
    Now it's true. After 2.4 years, I don't know.

Sedekerskis over Bendzius no way...Eimantas played way better in acb than sedekerskis ever played.Im not fan of Bendzius either is too sissy to my taste,but it's Adomaitis player and he is leading rytas scorer this season and can make treepointers he fits with our centers, Dainius will take him as 10-12 bench player I can bet that like he did in 2017.Bendzius is in his peak 29, Sedekerskis still a kid...
    It's about time to stop looking at passport. Just judge them on performance level. Your statement is false. I just saw Sedekerskis' ACB defensive performance which is way superior than I ever saw Bendzius producing. Offensively? Do you really believe Bendzius will be knocking down threes like a stud against in WC against elite teams? He's no Kleiza. Even if he does, which is unlikely. It's a poor man's Kristof's situation (if I can express it this way) in 2013. He could shoot and score and Kazlauskas took him, but Kazlauskas locked him down to the bench for the rest of the tournament as soon as Ksistof's sissy defence on Teletovic almost cost us the tournament. I take anyone who can play some D instead of Bendzius.

I believe Bendzius is more suitable for our 2019 team than Butkevicius too.
    Butkevicius can't really play D at 4. He's too small. The way I see out PF (D-Mo and Jankunas aside, as both won't be available) hierarchy is this - Sabonis, Kuzminskas, Maciulis, Ulanovas/Sedekerskis.

Butkevicius has short hands, 197cm, 92kg. He just can't really bang inside the paint even if he's rather sturdy. Now Ulanovas is 199cm, 99cm with a longer wingspan. But Ulanovas also is too soft for a stretch 4 position. Sedekerskis is 200cm, even though Draftexpress listed him as 208cm, so his height is still mysterious to me. I believe he's around 100kg now and he's much more of a power player than Butkevicius and Ulanovas. He's just playing bigger than those, he goes to the glass with the big's attitude. And he can deal with bigger force in the paint defensively. So if there's force majeure (no Maciulis), I would consider taking Sedekerskis as a third string PF.

if now youngster is not scoring 10 pts in lkl in 2019 he has zero chance be ready for nt team after 2 years.Now 2019 you have to score atleast about 10 pts in lkl than go outside lkl get experience and maybe you have shot.Zalgiris and Rytas player stats is a bit different, but for other lkl teams you must be one leading scorers today, to have chance to be ready in 2 years.
    Sirvydis would score 10pts per game in Lietkabelis given Valinskas' role and freedom, IMO. The same goes to Jokubaitis, easily. Also you making pure speculation. Some players make incredible leaps in one year. Players as Sirvydis and Jokubaitis shouldn't make super leap in those 2.4 years, they just need to improve steadily and they will have a shot at making NT in 2021 because both are playing in position of high need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sedekerskis was measured in Hoops Summit in 2017. 6' 9.75 = 207.6
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...urements-5854/

Different measurement in USA? Recently in Europe Sedekerskis is listed at 200.

PS: That's with shoes.
    PS2: It's still make little sense. I mean can shoes add to you 8cm? Maximum it can be 5cm, but more likely one inch 2,54. If summit's measurements are correct, Sedekerskis should be around 202 -204cm. That would be my guess with an eye test.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 05-14-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What did they measure, his pecker? Because that's certainly not his height.

He was listed 200 when he played in RKL 6 years ago https://web.archive.org/web/20140411...as-sedekerskis But maybe he didn't grow and they measured him in high heals

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast