Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    But maybe he didn't grow and they measured him in high heals
    What I find is that BB shoes can add 1-2 inches to the height. Usually around 1 inch - 2,54cm. I can only assume it was 2 inches in that case and Sedekerskis is about 202-203 tall without shoes.
    http://www.basketballheaven.com/heig...-do-shoes-add/

Now ACB lists him at 200cm (Baskonia's website also), last season LKL listed him at 200cm as well. In FIBA U19 he was listed 205. So it goes in different forms - 200, 205, 207.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Straightforward

Listen I'm not saying Bendzius will make shots, but he damm right has way better chance to make some shots over sedekerskis kid or bad shooter Butkevicius I mean not even discussion here.He is way better shooter and way more experienced player overall to make some shots.Nobody will play Bendzius big minutes, he will be put in some moments, I doubt opponents would even prepare for him and take advantage of his weak defences.

When I choose player from lkl I understand he has limit abilities in all areas on world level stage,but I need now one thing from 10-12bench players make god damm open shot!

I saw enough in last playoffs seeing all those bricks our players shoot...we need experienced and good shooters in limited minutes that atleast they give a chance they can make some shots not to he scared of a moment.

We have seen like tons of such tallents like sirvydis and jokubaitis benched on top 2 our teams and only little of them end up becoming NT players.So this is big If...and yes neither of those 2 kids will he ready for 2021, maybe if work hard for 2022-2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Listen I'm not saying Bendzius will make shots, but he damm right has way better chance to make some shots over sedekerskis kid or bad shooter Butkevicius I mean not even discussion here.He is way better shooter and way more experienced player overall to make some shots.Nobody will play Bendzius big minutes, he will be put in some moments, I doubt opponents would even prepare for him and take advantage of his weak defences.
    Bendzius is not exactly a guy who can come of the bench for 5 minutes and make his shots. When he was barely used in the first half of the season, he really struggled, he was a non factor. This is the best indication. Bendzius is good when he is playing tons and feels that he has a lot of freedom. If Maciulis is not coming, we need someone who can guard stretch 4, or to put it other way - a defensive minded PF. If I had to choose Bendzius and Sedekerskis, I wouldn't blink because Sedekerskis can play D and Bendzius sucks at it. Bendzius is not going to lift NT offensively, forget about it. Expect few hard working, hustle points from Sedekerskis (if he end up in a right place), but not some huge shots by Bendzius. The ball is hot in such games and mediocre players as Bendzius are useless in majority of cases (well he didn't ever played, but that's my prediction). I' looking closely to next games of Sedekerskis, because he seems to me the only serious option after Maciulis. We need some-one who can come from the bench and bring hustle, toughness, defensive presence and not chucking fiesta.

We have seen like tons of such tallents like sirvydis and jokubaitis benched on top 2 our teams and only little of them end up becoming NT players.So this is big If...and yes neither of those 2 kids will he ready for 2021, maybe if work hard for 2022-2023.
    Tons? Surely not. Sirvydis is a legit NBA prospect. He will be drafted in the second round. When the last time our drafter guard busted, failed? The last one drafted was Seibutis, and we all know how much he has achieved in NT. That's why I also have high hopes on Kulboka. He is not exactly a guard, but let's call him a perimeter player. If we get our guards drafted, you can be pretty sure they are worth something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lkl 1/4 Gm3 crusial game Neptunas-Prienai 77-71

Z.Janavicius treepointers 1 from 11 ...9% in most crusial season game...i understand that Neptunas was giving that shot to him on purpose,but to shoot 11 treepointers for brickster like him even if seskus told him to shoot thats insane ... indeed by seskus 'kaimiskas mastymas' )

thank you Zygimantas for ticket to semifinal ! neptunas fans

ps. finally big young prospect that can shoot G.Masiulis 5 of 8 treepointers well done ! He can be good fit with Jonas And Domantas in the future.

If Janavicius would've had a shooting touch of Vasiliauskas, two guys from same generation, then it'd be NT material player or vice versa - Vasiliauskas with tougher body. But now both won't

Overall, decent series this season. I rarely watched it since quarterfinals, but Prienai gave a good fight, Juventus even could already be in semis by beating Rytas, but at the end most likely will lose, today they can't deal with pressure and Rytas experience so far till HT carries them on

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Bendzius is not exactly a guy who can come of the bench for 5 minutes and make his shots. When he was barely used in the first half of the season, he really struggled, he was a non factor.
    So far Rytas and Bendzius played 30 games against UC and top-4 LKL teams, 20 with Sutton and 10 after he left
    with Sutton
    1-10 21 mn, 9.1 ppg, 17.6 pp40m, 58.3 aTS% (40-40-90)
    11-20 23 mn, 9.5 ppg, 16.7 pp40m, 54.6 aTS% (47-34-83)
    without Sutton
    21-30 33 mn, 11.1ppg, 13.5 pp40m, 51.9 aTS% (52-30-88)

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    So far Rytas and Bendzius played 30 games against UC and top-4 LKL teams, 20 with Sutton and 10 after he left
    with Sutton
    1-10 21 mn, 9.1 ppg, 17.6 pp40m, 58.3 aTS% (40-40-90)
    11-20 23 mn, 9.5 ppg, 16.7 pp40m, 54.6 aTS% (47-34-83)
    without Sutton
    21-30 33 mn, 11.1ppg, 13.5 pp40m, 51.9 aTS% (52-30-88)
    I'm too lazy to check those stats, but I do remember him barely rising from the bench in some games while Sutton was still in. But to me, his shooting is not even interesting as it does not transit to the level we are talking about and the most important thing is - he can't play D. He's not even on washed out Ksistof's level, he's way worse I don't see how can we put the guy like him into the NT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exclamation

check lkl most scoring lithuanian players this season :

1.Z.Janavicius (30) 13,6pts
    2.P.Valinskas (23) 12,6pts
    3.D.Gailius (31) 12,6pts
    4.D.Lavrinovic (39) 12,6pts
    5.I.Vaitkus (26) 12,2pts
    6.M.Gecevicius (31) 12,2pts
    7.E.Saulys (26) 11,6pts
    8.M.Geben (24) 11.6pts
    9.E.Bendzius (29) 11,4pts
    10.T.Lekunas (26) 11,1pts
    11.T.Delininkaitis (37) 10.8pts
    12.A.Siksnius (31) 10,7pts
    13.D.Bickauskis (26) 10,3pts
    14.G.Masiulis (21) 10,3pts
    Interesting! I think the Efficiency per Game averages are a more useful indicator though. Here are the top twelve Efficiency per Game averages posted by Lithuanian players during the LKL regular season:

1. Martinas Geben 16.44
    2. Žygimantas Janavičius 16.25
    7. Arnas Butkevičius 14.86
    8. Martynas Gecevičius 14.41
    11. Dovis Bičkauskis 13.69
    13. Gytis Masiulis 13.31
    14. Gabrielius Maldūnas 13.19
    15. Darjušas Lavrinovičius 13.06
    18. Paulius Petrilevičius 12.63
    19. Donatas Tarolis 12.61
    20. Ignas Vaitkus 12.53
    21. Eimantas Bendžius 12.31

And here are the numbers for the first round of the playoffs:

1. Arnas Butkevičius 30.00
    6. Paulius Valinskas 21.50
    7. Saulius Kulvietis 21.00
    8. Darjušas Lavrinovičius 20.33
    10. Donatas Tarolis 18.50
    11. Žygimantas Janavičius 18.00
    13. Martinas Geben 17.67
    15. Mindaugas Lukauskis 16.67
    16. Deividas Gailius 16.67
    17. Gytis Masiulis 16.33
    18. Tomas Lekūnas 16.00
    19. Arnas Labuckas 13.33
    20. Paulius Jankūnas 13.00

If Artūras Gudaitis can't play this summer, Martinas Geben has to be a front runner for the back-up Center position. Or maybe even Darjušas Lavrinovičius for one last kick at the can. Sure he's old but he'll have had the whole summer to rest and he'll only be needed for half a month in early September. And Paulius Jankūnas seems to be working himself back into game shape after an injury plagued season. It would certainly solve some problems for Coach Adomaitis if Jankūnas opts to come to camp this summer.

Žygimantas Janavičius has also been very good all year (despite his horrid shooting against Neptūnas in game three). Janavičius merits consideration for the backup PG position. And Paulius Valinskas has really been coming on strong in the last three months and I'd like to see what he can bring to camp.

But it's Arnas Butkevičius who's upped his already solid game the most so far during the playoffs. Without Butkevičius sterling effort, Rytas would have gone down to Juventus in the first round. Adomaitis has to be thinking seriously of finding a spot on the Team Lietuva roster for Butkevičius.

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-21-2019 at 07:34 PM.

I'd be happier if Coach Jasikevičius decides to sit Marius Grigonis out of games over the next week or so just to be safe. Žalgiris is deep enough. Moreover it will give Artūras Milaknis the opportunity to show that he still has a goodly portion of the game he demonstrated three years ago.

Adomaitis completely stuck Sirvydis to the bench in PO Nice to see how NT head coach developing future NT stars. Good to have such man at the top of Lith basketball pyramid. Scrubs like Stipcevic, Girdziunas and even Margiris Normantas balling. I mean I can't stop wondering how such figure was hired for such job as senior Lithuanian national team coach. Great job by Sabonis and Špokas, Adomaitis is exactly a right person for the job. And the deal was done at the time when Kurtinaitis was absolutely available and wanted the job...something.

The more I watch Adomaitis, the more I'm getting convinced a guy is horrid at scouting and defining player's abilities and roles. I remember when in Vilnius he thrown in Robertas Giedraitis to guard Netherlands PG leader Charlon Kloof. I mean that was absolutely insane decision. He had Seibutis, Lekavicius, Ulanovas, he thrown freakin' Giedraitis to guard Kloof. In Eurobasket 2017 he watched all game long how Shengelia was destroyng Kuzminskas at 4, but didn't make a single adjustment. Now he is building his defence (that's obviously the reason why Sirvydis is not playing) on absolutely defenseless Stipcevic, Sealey and barely playing D Girdziunas. Margiris comes from the bench, makes absolutely stupid mistake, but Adomaitis keeps playing him. Sirvydis is not a good defender, but there's no way he's worse than Stipcevic and Sealey, no way. Adomaitis is a horrible coach, IMO. He's at the level of Juventus, Pieno Zvaigzdes. I can't figure this out, unless Sirvydis is injured. We have a NT head coach who is most comfortable working with scrubs.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 05-22-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sure, LKL PO is the right place to develop future NT players... I mean these are one of these moments, when you are going out of your mind again, SF

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Sure, LKL PO is the right place to develop future NT players... I mean these are one of these moments, when you are going out of your mind again, SF
    He's ready to play. It's not like Rytas has the same roster as Zalgiris. He uses worse players in same cases, IMO. Tell me how Margiris is better than Sirvydis?

BTW, how last year Kurtinaitis was able to find some minutes for one year younger Sirvydis and Adomaitis can't?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any time I watch Kisielius playing, he sucks. I can't figure it out how he makes it to the top teams of LKL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He's ready to play. It's not like Rytas has the same roster as Zalgiris. He uses worse players in same cases, IMO. Tell me how Margiris is better than Sirvydis?

BTW, how last year Kurtinaitis was able to find some minutes for one year younger Sirvydis and Adomaitis can't?
    Margiris playing different position, isn't he? Would you allow Sirvydis to guard some Delininkaitis? Even this veteran would leave Sirvydis behind easily. I don't really see suitable match up for him. Moreover Rytas played decent 1st half, so no need to risk and put youngster. Coach knows better if he is ready or not.

Last season in PO he played 3mins combined, in 2 games vs Neptunas and Zalgiris. During regular season he had 8mins on average, this one 14mins

Margiris playing different position, isn't he? Would you allow Sirvydis to guard some Delininkaitis? Even this veteran would leave Sirvydis behind easily. I don't really see suitable match up for him. Moreover Rytas played decent 1st half, so no need to risk and put youngster. Coach knows better if he is ready or not.

Last season in PO he played 3mins combined, in 2 games vs Neptunas and Zalgiris. During regular season he had 8mins on average, this one 14mins
    The way I see it, Sirvydis is the highest profile prospect Rytas and maybe even any Lithuanian team saw since Valanciunas. He was a steady rotation player all season long, even the key in some of those. So you have a stud and you suddenly stop playing him. Did JV was a good defender when he was young? No. Was he getting some credit (minutes) in some games only because he's really promising? Hell, yes. And there's respect for Kurtinaitis. Did Adomaitis give a single minute as a credit for Sirvydis this season? IMO, not even close. I mean the guy was shooting the light out in preseason and started the season dropping 17pts in Eurocup. Adomaitis is not good at trusting and developing youngsters, even the most talented ones with an NBA upside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way I see it, Sirvydis is the highest profile prospect Rytas and maybe even any Lithuanian team saw since Valanciunas. He was a steady rotation player all season long, even the key in some of those. So you have a stud and you suddenly stop playing him. Did JV was a good defender when he was young? No. Was he getting some credit (minutes) in some games only because he's really promising? Hell, yes. And there's respect for Kurtinaitis. Did Adomaitis give a single minute as a credit for Sirvydis this season? IMO, not even close. I mean the guy was shooting the light out in preseason and started the season dropping 17pts in Eurocup. Adomaitis is not good at trusting and developing youngsters, even the most talented ones with an NBA upside.
    Your hatred makes you blind and forces you write some strange things, mate That's all I can say. You even contradict yourself, first you wrote that Sirvydis was rotation player, then you say he kept him on bench, while Kurtinaitis didn't... I threw you a stats. Kurtinaitis trusted him even less. You say Adomaitis didn't give him a single minute of credit? You write Sirvydis scored 17pts in Eurocup... Against Valencia he played 11minutes on average, in Top16 12mpg. That's great credit for a kid. Adomaitis won today with hardnosed defense and did it easily. None can blame him. Sirvydis hardly would be able to contribute in it and you jump on coach for some personal vendeta again. We all know his flaws, and I couldn't care less about Rytas, but today he did everything fine.
    Btw, putting Valanciunas in this discussion is really unnecessary. I'm not madmax, but can say that JV was miles better than Sirvydis is at this age. He was a real deal already, it was easy to see. Then at 19 he was starter in NT in crucial Eurobasket.

Your hatred makes you blind and forces you write some strange things, mate That's all I can say. You even contradict yourself, first you wrote that Sirvydis was rotation player, then you say he kept him on bench, while Kurtinaitis didn't... I threw you a stats. Kurtinaitis trusted him even less. You say Adomaitis didn't give him a single minute of credit? You write Sirvydis scored 17pts in Eurocup... Against Valencia he played 11minutes on average, in Top16 12mpg. That's great credit for a kid. Adomaitis won today with hardnosed defense and did it easily. None can blame him. Sirvydis hardly would be able to contribute in it and you jump on coach for some personal vendeta again. We all know his flaws, and I couldn't care less about Rytas, but today he did everything fine.
    Btw, putting Valanciunas in this discussion is really unnecessary. I'm not madmax, but can say that JV was miles better than Sirvydis is at this age. He was a real deal already, it was easy to see. Then at 19 he was starter in NT in crucial Eurobasket.
    You missed my point. I meant PO games. It seems that now since semis, Sirvydis is only trash minutes player. As for as I remember, Kurtinaitis thrown in Sirvydis against Zalgiris even when the game was still close in the finals, be it for three or two minutes.

But it's not the point. Sure, JV was better, we shouldn't even discuss that and we are not (BTW, JV came to Rytas as 17yo and he really got some credit surely because he was so skinny and he wasn't a good defender). But I talk about the attitude, the vision, the culture, the strategy, the ability to integrate most talented players, ability to give them extra credit (I do aware that Sirvydis was cracking Rytas rotation you know...), extra trust, extra encouragement, being able to see broader picture even when you are occupied with local and today's given club's issues. That's what I expect when I speak about NT head coach who coaches Lithuanian club. My point is, that Sirvydis barely got any special trust (he played great against Valancia BTW, he earned every minute and could play more) and I think our top prospects (which he surely is) should get one. This should be one of our priorities, specially when it comes down to the head coach if NT who supposed to be setting the example. Sirvydis was too good all season long not to crack the freakin' rotation at all in semis against Neptunas who played like absolute shit tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any time I watch Kisielius playing, he sucks. I can't figure it out how he makes it to the top teams of LKL.
    Pretty useful role player

I guess I kinda understand why SF tries to hype up this Sirvydis kid to the high heavens - we are in dire need of top prospect, since we didn't really have one after JV was absolutely smashing all competition in his junior years, but I'm just really not sure this kid has the tools to be one. Apart from his elite shooting stroke and touch, what other elite quality does he possess which would translate to the highest level? He's not really a slasher to the rim, as I've never seen him do that as of yet, he's not really a facilitator and he's only an average defender at best to date. NBA experts think the same and they see him only as a garbage minutes specialist shooter at best case scenario. JV's hype was warranted, as he was really good and great at both junior and senior level and was a difference maker in every single game. Which other lithuanian player could start for a NT aged 19 years old rookie? Sabonis, Marciulionis for sure. No one else really

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Which other lithuanian player could start for a NT aged 19 years old rookie? Sabonis, Marciulionis for sure. No one else really
    Modestas Paulauskas

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast