Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
    A few things....

You must be forgetting how strong that Heat team was. Some of the best role players of that era. Posey, Mourning off the bench, Damon Jones I believe... It was a strong team.

The Spurs were not favorites in 2014. The whole country expected the Heat to win. Kawhi turned that on its head.

Wade has never been the same player since he had the injury issues in 2006-07. It was looking like he wouldn't even be in the NBA his knees were so bad. 03-06 Wade maybe but not since '07.
    Thats Spurs was favorites in that 2014 final and they blew away miami by record margin in that final...check the book makers...Spurs should have already won in 2013 they were overall better team,but got unlucky as in sports sometimes happens (was leading 3-2 and lost 2 heartbreakers in last seconds).Please 2006 miami team was ok sure but had lots of veterans that was finishing their careers,Spurs of 2012-2014 was real deal as a team and could beat anybody . Leonard played badly in first 2 games of that finals.Only in gm3,gm4,gm5Leonard was main players or atleast was looked like that,but overall in 2014 T.Parker was mvp of spurs team,he was engine of what they did in 2014 if combine all season long.Im spurs fan so i know very well spurs things.In Wade situation he was unquestion leader in 2006,made all importants shots in 4 querter and was taking over againts better mavs team.

In 2006 i thought real final was playing out in west side Mavs-Spurs that went to gm7.In 2006 finals Mavs took 2-0 and looked way superior team,had huge lead in gm3 and was very close getting to 3-0 and then they lost that game ,then they lost heartbreaker in gm5 too and got mentaly lost.And Wades leaded Miami stole the championship from no doubt stronger mavericks team. Next season that mavs team won 67 wins and again mentally collapsed in playoofs...

In spurs 2014 it was parker,it was duncan,it was kawhi taking over in diffrent games and diffrent serries.But even finals mvp was close,some people thought it should go to Duncan ,he cemented entire spurs defence like Green is doing for gsw and still was good in offence.But Kawhi got in most part because like Igoudala got in 2015 because they were doing hardest job guarding Lebron.

Wade in both 2009 and 2010 was first all nba team member. In 2009 Dwayne averaged 30,2pts per game, 2010 26,2 pts ,even with lebron and bosh in same team in 2011 he averaged 25,5...Im telling you people Dwade was still nba top 7 player in 2010 when miami 3 join forces.He started obviuosly decline in 2012-2013 season.Till 2012 the men was real deal and stats back it up.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-16-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Completely incorrect.

That was not an "okay" team. Alonzo Mourning was one of the most dominant big men of his era and he was coming off the bench behind Shaq. They had Posey, Haslem who was absolutely huge down low, Gary Payton, Jason Williams, and Antoine Walker.

The Spurs were not a better team. They just had more size. Wade cost his team that Finals like he almost did in 2013. It's not about numbers. They were a genuine superteam but had no answer for Kawhi. He was the only major player on that team still in his prime compared to a Heat team full of them. Hell, he hadn't even hit his prime yet.

It was most definitely not Wade who was the leader in '06. It was vets like Shaq, Zo, etc. And James Posey was an in his prime two-way player who went on to be a huge reason Boston won in '08. Wade played his role but that's it. He was too young to be the guy you're making him out to be on a team with Shaq. That Finals was his coming out party.

Like I said, it's not about stats. Wade lost his explosiveness with the injuries in '06-07 and on. By the time he joined forces with LeBron and Bosh, he was a shell of himself athletically. He became instead a guy who needed to dominate the ball and rely on being crafty. Pre-injury Wade was called Flash for a reason. Him and Arenas are still the two most impressive scoring guards of that era other than AI, Kobe, and Vinsanity before the jumper 's knee. But neither was anywhere near that after the '06-07 season. Wade just happened to not need his athleticism half as much as Gil did.
      Last edited by CHBB; 06-16-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I am starting to think that Lonzo Ball and LeBron won’t play together. I think he’ll be moved either as part of a three way trade for Kawhi or in a sign and trade for Chris Paul. The dad is just too much drama and a distraction. He also brought up Lebron’s son which angered LeBron in the past.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

I have honestly never seen an NBA player let his dad ruin him the way Lonzo has his. This kid is the real deal but he lets his dad and talentless brothers just feed off of him like leeches. It's reminiscent of child stars.

Comment

I am sincerely not a big fan of post-injury George. And somehow had absolutely no trust in this season's OKC, partialy due to Carmelo, but George also played a part in it.
            Lebron + Kawhi would be interesting, however not sure Lakers so far have enough of a supporting cast to make a run for the title.

If I had to bet, there would likely be 3 way trades for Kawhi, since If I am Spurs Kuzma, Ingram, Ball might be talented, but they ussualy built the team based on needs, fitting in and not on raw talent.

I respect Lebron as on of the best individual players there ever were in the NBA, however if he weren't one of the trully GOATs, but just a notch less dominant of a player that he is, he would be a prototype of an incredible player that has never won a title. League took the worst aspects from Jordan's dominance and instated it as something normal. Jordan understood roles of Paxon, Kerr, Longley, Harper, let alone Phil Jackson... sometimes it seems some of nowadays superstars consider Paxon-like teamates as some damned curse and resent the GM's for not being able to bring them someone better on the team, without trying or being able to make the best out of it.
            Also I sometimes wonder, how many of those alleged stars nowadays would actualy be able to accept a role that Ron Harper did? Going from a 20ppg scorer in Clippers, to a mere supporting cast type in Chicago, taking one for the team? Is that an actual possibility nowadays unless the player is already in his late thirties and in decline?
            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
              Also I sometimes wonder, how many of those alleged stars nowadays would actualy be able to accept a role that Ron Harper did? Going from a 20ppg scorer in Clippers, to a mere supporting cast type in Chicago, taking one for the team? Is that an actual possibility nowadays unless the player is already in his late thirties and in decline?
              well, not often, and the trend is the opposite. try create a star out of a role player (eg. Harrison Barnes), but Iguodala can be a similar example t yours.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                well, not often, and the trend is the opposite. try create a star out of a role player (eg. Harrison Barnes), but Iguodala can be a similar example t yours.
                I really wouldn't call Barnes a role player. Had he been drafted to his own team rather than the Warriors, he'd have been a star much earlier. He's turned into a genuine 20+ ppg scorer in Dallas and had a 30+ game early on as a Warrior.

A much better example would be Kuzma or Ingram of the Lakers. Neither has ever shown they can be a genuine star. In fact, Ingram has never even consistently shown he can be a basketball player yet.
                Last edited by CHBB; 06-17-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                  I am sincerely not a big fan of post-injury George. And somehow had absolutely no trust in this season's OKC, partialy due to Carmelo, but George also played a part in it.

League took the worst aspects from Jordan's dominance and instated it as something normal. Jordan understood roles of Paxon, Kerr, Longley, Harper, let alone Phil Jackson... sometimes it seems some of nowadays superstars consider Paxon-like teamates as some damned curse and resent the GM's for not being able to bring them someone better on the team, without trying or being able to make the best out of it.
                  I've never been a fan of PG. He's an overrated gunner who gets credit for playing both sides of the ball without ever doing it. He's a role player with a superstar ego. I hoped he had finally realized in OKC that he's best as a complementary piece but going by his delusional "Playoff P" nonsense I was clearly wrong. Shame because he and Russ make one hell of a tandem.

As for the second part... that's because they're not really true franchise players or leaders and will never grow up enough to be that. Guys like KD, PG, Kyrie, John Wall, and so many others don't belong as a franchise player and never will. Some accept the role they are best suited for the way DeRozan has in Toronto. Lowry is the true leader. He just has it in him. DeMar on the other hand is more singular-minded. Each player accepting their role is why that team works.

This stuff started with the Iversons, Starburys, Sprewells, Kobes (before he finally grew up), etc and got so much worse with guys like Paul Pierce and many of the other star perimeter players of that era and has only gotten worse in the one and done era. Jordan may have hated some of his teammates but he would've dragged four tin cans to a championship if he had to.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                    If the Spurs are smart, they trade Kawhi by draft night.
                    agree with this. for some weird reason, I would like Spurs to trade him to Clips. it'll be around the 2 1st round picks and Danilo just for salary purposes?i dont know, i just dont think a lot of teams will trade for Kawhi just because he might leave after a season due to his wish to go back home to LA.

on PG it would e interesting if he can fit with the Jazz. havent really wrapped my head on that yet

for LBJ, I just want him to play with CP3. will most likely be on a team with decent lineup already.

And sorry, I want Boogie to go to a team where he is the main bigman.
                    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Lebron James, and LeBron James Jr would be playing on the same team. I hope it's my Lakers.

Comment

Shaq (4 rings) we all know why you say this

Comment

Joking aside,

I think Lebron should return to Miami. That's the only thing he can get what he wants and what he needs ;

- That wouldn't affect his career as someone who changed a lot of teams. Kobe never changed team, Jordan only did that after 37, Bird, Magic, Kareem (only two teams), Tim Duncan all of these stars didn't change a lot of teams, they are symbols for their teams. If Lebron goes to Miami again that wouldn't affect his career because he was already there before, changing only two teams is acceptable. He wouldn't be like Shaq at the end of his career. He wouldn't be seen as someone as who follows a championship ring desperately.

- Miami is a better team than Cavs, and he would still play in Eastern conference where it's much easier to reach finals with a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
                            Joking aside,

I think Lebron should return to Miami. That's the only thing he can get what he wants and what he needs ;

- That wouldn't affect his career as someone who changed a lot of teams. Kobe never changed team, Jordan only did that after 37, Bird, Magic, Kareem (only two teams), Tim Duncan all of these stars didn't change a lot of teams, they are symbols for their teams. If Lebron goes to Miami again that wouldn't affect his career because he was already there before, changing only two teams is acceptable. He wouldn't be like Shaq at the end of his career.
                            - Miami is a better team than Cavs, and he would still play in Eastern conference where it's much easier to reach finals with a better team.

He is going to play with the Lakers. The Lakers have 61 million in cap space. I hope he take another paycut. And Lakers try to sign Demarcus Cousins, and Paul George while keeping Ball and Kuzma.

I bet LeBron is going to win more NBA titles in LA. And retire in 2021 for 1 year. And Lakers draft LeBron James Jr. in 2021. LeBron James Jr finish with more finals MVp, and MVp than Kevin Durant who is going to be a ring chaser for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
                              Shaq (4 rings) we all know why you say this

The guy is a an idiot. Great player, and the best player in the NBA from 1998 to 2006, but that guy is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulLee3 View Post
                                The guy is a an idiot. Great player, and the best player in the NBA from 1998 to 2006, but that guy is dumb.
                                I completely agree. Comparing himself when he joined the Cavs and the Celtics as a washed up player to current LeBron who is still the best player in the world is idiotic to say the least. More like he was the best from 1999-2003. Still really good ‘04-‘05 definitely top 5. 2006 more like top 10.
                                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information