Greatest players you ever saw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usagre View Post
    Yeah maybe a little better but both are streaky and Lebron seems to be improving. But that’s not nearly enough to rate him better.
    And people seem to conveniently forget that his shooting dipped his last year or so in Cleveland because his body changed and he couldn't really be that G/F anymore. He was still adapting to it almost the entire time he was in Miami, and doing so with a selfish teammate.

And lol no problem. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Had a few nagging injuries in my life but no surgery so far luckily *knocks on wood*

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
      Can you tell me;

2012/2013 Miami without Lebron
      2009/2010 Lakers without Kobe

Which teams are better?
      Upon further review here are the numbers and you tell me.

Heat ‘12-13 key players playoff numbers

Wade. 19.4-4.9-4.6
      Bosh. 12.8-7.5-1.1. (Also missed many games due to injury)
      Chalmers 10.3-3.0-3.5
      Ray Allen only ‘13. 10.2-2.8-1.3

‘09-‘10 Lakers

Pau Gasol. 18.9-11.0-3.0
      Lamar Odom 11.0-8.9-1.9
      Ron Artest. ‘10 only. 11.2-4.0-2.1
      Trevor Ariza. ‘09 only. 11.3-4.2-2.3
      Fisher. 9.2-2.3-2.5

And game 7 is also interesting to look at.

Kobe was awful going 6-24 including 0-6 from three and had 23-15-2 and was bailed out by late big shots by Artest
      Who had 20 points and Gasol had 19 points and 18 rebounds.

LeBron was brilliant in game 7 going for 37-12-4 and shooting 5 threes.
      Wade stepped up for support and had a good game going for 23 and 10 and Battier as well but Bosh and Ray Allen who hit the big shot in game 6 were invisible with a combined 0 points.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Upon further review here are the numbers and you tell me.

Heat ‘12-13 key players playoff numbers

Wade. 19.4-4.9-4.6
        Bosh. 12.8-7.5-1.1. (Also missed many games due to injury)
        Chalmers 10.3-3.0-3.5
        Ray Allen only ‘13. 10.2-2.8-1.3
        The only weak link in this is list is probably Chalmers, and even he was selected to all-rookie team in 2009.

Ray Allen ; 10 times all-star, 2 times all-nba team, and a hall of fame.
        Chris Bosh ; 11 times all-star and 1 time all-nba team.
        D-Wade; 12 times all-star, 1 time scoring champ, 3 times all defensive team, 8 times all-nba team ; a.k.a Superstar.
        You forgot Shane Battier, who was a 2 times all-defensive nba.
        And Mike Miller? 1 time best 6.man in nba.

‘09-‘10 Lakers

Pau Gasol. 18.9-11.0-3.0
        Lamar Odom 11.0-8.9-1.9
        Ron Artest. ‘10 only. 11.2-4.0-2.1
        Trevor Ariza. ‘09 only. 11.3-4.2-2.3
        Fisher. 9.2-2.3-2.5
        Ron Artest ; 1 time all-star, 4 time all-defensive team, 1 time all-nba team
        Fisher; despite being extremely useful ; 0 all-star appearence or any scaling through the nba, not even a single all-defensive team line-up.
        Ariza; same. No all-star appearance or any award.
        Odom; 1 time best 6.man in nba. That's all.
        Pau Gasol; 6 times all-star, 4 times all-nba

The only star who could actually take place in Miami was Gasol, other than that Miami was way better than Lakers overall.

Comment

The only weak link in this is list is probably Chalmers, and even he was selected to all-rookie team in 2009.

Ray Allen ; 10 times all-star, 2 times all-nba team, and a hall of fame.
          Chris Bosh ; 11 times all-star and 1 time all-nba team.
          D-Wade; 12 times all-star, 1 time scoring champ, 3 times all defensive team, 8 times all-nba team ; a.k.a Superstar.
          You forgot Shane Battier, who was a 2 times all-defensive nba.
          And Mike Miller? 1 time best 6.man in nba.

Ron Artest ; 1 time all-star, 4 time all-defensive team, 1 time all-nba team
          Fisher; despite being extremely useful ; 0 all-star appearence or any scaling through the nba, not even a single all-defensive team line-up.
          Ariza; same. No all-star appearance or any award.
          Odom; 1 time best 6.man in nba. That's all.
          Pau Gasol; 6 times all-star, 4 times all-nba

The only star who could actually take place in Miami was Gasol, other than that Miami was way better than Lakers overall.
          You are being extremely misleading by giving me their career accomplishments and resumes. It’s who they were those years and how they played that is relevant. Dwyane Wade 2012-2013 is not superstar Dwyane Wade from earlier in his career. Bosh was at his best in Toronto when he was the first scoring option and was exposed as a limited player when he became the third option and was forced to do other things. Ray Allen was a year away from retirement. Mike Miller ? He was pretty much a non-factor on those teams. And like I stated earlier Pau Gasol was in his prime and arguably the best big in the game during those years. So yeah on paper if you stack up career resumes it looks lopsided but reality tells a different story. It’s like saying LeBron had help in his fist Cav tenure because he played with Shaq. Or the 2004 Lakers were the greatest team ever assembled because they had Karl Malone and Gary Payton. It doesn’t work that way.

If I am drafting out of those guys at that time, again at that time being critical to what we are discussing here,

Pau is number one, then
          2- Wade
          3- Bosh
          4- Odom
          5- Artest

Then after that you are talking a lot lower quality.
          Last edited by usagre; 06-02-2018, 09:00 PM.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Bynum alone makes this argument moot. He and perimeter defense was the difference between the loss in '08 and the back-to-back wins in '09-10.

Comment

Without Lebron, Cavs would be a lottery team this year. They are playing in the finals now. I think enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                Without Lebron, Cavs would be a lottery team this year. They are playing in the finals now. I think enough said.
                Only because they were in the East and both Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward were injured.

Comment

Only because they were in the East and both Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward were injured.
                  Lol please. Kyrie would've probably cost his team the series with his stupid, lazy play.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                    Lol please. Kyrie would've probably cost his team the series with his stupid, lazy play.
                    Can you show me a single reference for this odd claim? To say that Kyrie Irving would damage Boston instead of helping them to defeat Cleveland is crazy as far as I am concerned.

For your information ; Kyrie is 5 times all-star and 1 time all-nba team and he is just 26 years old. And many respectable commentators stated that he is a superstar.

Comment

Can you show me a single reference for this odd claim? To say that Kyrie Irving would damage Boston instead of helping them to defeat Cleveland is crazy as far as I am concerned.

For your information ; Kyrie is 5 times all-star and 1 time all-nba team and he is just 26 years old. And many respectable commentators stated that he is a superstar.
                      Lol because winning popularity contests and being put into the perfect position to put up stats your whole career means you're a winner.

There's no such thing as a respectable commentator these days. Former players sure. But most commentators are just talking heads. With the exception of legends like Marv Alberts.

It's an odd claim to you because you seem to be all about hating on LeBron. But it's not an odd claim. It's how Kyrie has played every single game of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                        Lol because winning popularity contests and being put into the perfect position to put up stats your whole career means you're a winner.

There's no such thing as a respectable commentator these days. Former players sure. But most commentators are just talking heads. With the exception of legends like Marv Alberts.

It's an odd claim to you because you seem to be all about hating on LeBron. But it's not an odd claim. It's how Kyrie has played every single game of his career.
                        It's an odd claim because no respectable commentator would say Kyrie Irving would damage Boston, and %99 of the supporters would say Kyrie would win the series for Boston. Only %1, whose are usually Lebron fans or Kyrie haters would say Kyrie would damage Boston. I mean it's just crazy to say that. It has nothing to do with hating Lebron, it's the fact. If Boston can carry the series to 7 games against a fully healty Lebron, then a superstar like Kyrie would end the series before even the seventh game. Not even talking about Hayward who is an all-star.

You're watching the current finals right? Why do you think Curry is performing better than previous finals? Because he doesn't need to waste his energy on Kyrie Irving on defense. That's how important Kyrie was.

Comment

Aside first 2, it goes in random order.

Jordan
                          James
                          Stockton
                          Bryant
                          Duncan
                          Pipen
                          Olajuwon
                          Leonard
                          Karl Malone
                          Klay Thompson (most underrated player in current NBA)

As I matured as a basketball fan, I learned to treat 2 ways players as the best players in the business and overall to value defence. No one dimentional players in my list.
                          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                          Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I seen in a game live on court, Lebron James. LAST Year vs New York KNICKS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hhsgMDvuSM

Via watching on net tv .. ( from 1990s to this day)
                            1 - Lebron
                            2 - Jordan
                            3 - Shaq
                            4 - Duncan
                            5 - Olajuwon
                            6 - Kobe
                            7 - Curry
                            8 - Durant
                            9 - Nowitzki
                            10 - Garnett

Avoided ones I read on. but not watched. Kareem, Magic , russell etc.

Comment

I like these basketball players:
                              Michael Jordan
                              Magic Johnson
                              Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
                              Larry Bird
                              Hakeem Olajuwon
                              Wilt Chamberlain
                              Shaquille O'Neal
                              Kobe Bryant
                              LeBron James
                              Kevin Durant
                              Hi people !!! I like basketball and I like write. You can find examples of my work on samedayessay review I hope you like my examples

Comment

Originally posted by ronweasley
                                As we know, Terry Rozier signed a 3 year, 58 million dollar contract with the Hornets as a part of the sign-and-trade deal involving Kemba Walker. I’ve heard many people call this contract the worst of 2019 Free Agency period, a take which I believe is ridiculous for many reasons. In some ways I actually heavily like this move by Charlotte. I’ve outlined my reasons

Charlotte was about to lose Walker for nothing. They had a gaping hole at the starting PG position and there weren’t many viable options out there, especially considering their lack of an attractive market.fedloan irs.gov easybib

Rozier is only 25 years old and matches up well in age with the rest of the Hornets’ young core.

While Rozier has had a turbulent time in the league numbers wise, his 2018 postseason numbers (16.2, 5.6, 5.2) were no fluke. He’s shown the potential to lead and put up nice numbers when he’s given full control of a team, and Charlotte will give him just that.

This contract is only three years, and the Hornets aren’t competing for anything anytime soon. Not to mention much of they have money to spend with much of their albatross contracts coming off the books the next two summers.

Rozier would be heavily compelled to re-sign with Charlotte should he transform into a starting-caliber guard (a huge conditional, but still a very valid point). Remember that much of his trouble in Boston was due to the fact that they never prioritized him. Loyalty clearly matters to him.

All in all, this is a very low risk, high reward move to me. If Rozier doesn’t perform, you can cut your losses and move on. If he does, you have a franchise point guard on a rather nice salary considering the max deals that have gone out. This could very well end up being a steal for the Hornets once all is said and done. I just don’t see why many were calling this the worst signing of FA when I personally believe Harris and Middleton signed worse contracts given their respective roles on their teams.
                                It was a fine deal for the Hornets... I don't know if the C's have won it and to be truthful, I don't give an F on who ended better... I only know that the Hornets have three future All Stars in their line up on Graham, Bridges and Washington and therefore Rosier was an excellent choice to keep the team going until they fully shine...

The Hornets have a bright future ahead of them... They may have their ups and downs this season due to their talents youth, but one should expect them to be a real threat for the following seasons...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information