No announcement yet.

2018 NBA Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the Nets are looking to buy out Dwight. Maybe they plan on keeping Jarrett Allen as the starting five after all. That's a big cap hit though. Maybe they think he'll take a major pay cut just to be free.

Comment

Any team not named the Lakers that gives anything up of substance in a trade for Kawhi Leonard is an idiot. He will obviously be a one year rental. It’s going to be fun to watch that cranky old mean spirited Popovich hurt his own franchise on his way out to retirement by refusing to deal Leonard to the Lakers for excellent young pieces and instead gets back way less or nothing a year later.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

I disagree. There's no guarantee he re-signs with the Lakers if dealt there considering he'd be by far the best player on that team but not get that respect. He might be laid back but I have to think he's done playing that role.

Who can the Lakers realistically trade? The only genuine star they have is Lonzo. Ingram has yet to even prove he's a good basketball player despite all the hype, and Kuzma is a nice piece but that's all he is.

The Sixers can offer guys who are a lot better than anybody the Lakers would trade other than Lonzo, and Kawhi would be the go-to scorer along with Embiid and LeBron if he signed here. The Lakers just want any name they can get regardless of team chemistry and fit. You never know who the guy they targeted the next year would be. There's no stability there.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
          I disagree. There's no guarantee he re-signs with the Lakers if dealt there considering he'd be by far the best player on that team but not get that respect. He might be laid back but I have to think he's done playing that role.

Who can the Lakers realistically trade? The only genuine star they have is Lonzo. Ingram has yet to even prove he's a good basketball player despite all the hype, and Kuzma is a nice piece but that's all he is.

The Sixers can offer guys who are a lot better than anybody the Lakers would trade other than Lonzo, and Kawhi would be the go-to scorer along with Embiid and LeBron if he signed here. The Lakers just want any name they can get regardless of team chemistry and fit. You never know who the guy they targeted the next year would be. There's no stability there.
          The Lakers are the marquis franchise in the NBA. For a variety of reasons it’s just the way it is. And guys who say they want to play there usually mean it. Especially when they are natives of the area.

A combination that includes Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and even Randle in a sign and trade are by far more than anyone will offer. Mark my words you will see other teams will be weary to give up too much for what appears to be a rental. If that wasn’t the case it wouldn’t have been put out there that he wants to play for LA.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Completely disagree. Saric is better than Kuzma will ever be, and better than Ingram for that matter. Fultz is a natural scorer who will be a nightmare for opposing defenses on a team that will actually play him, and the Sixers also have starting caliber players in TLC and Justin Anderson. Plus overseas rights to some high upside international players, and they could always just include Ben and beat out anything LA can trade. Randle is the only player out of that package who is really worth trading for other than Lonzo, and he's a RFA. Now if they traded Lonzo, Zubac, Hart, and Thomas Bryant that's another story. Either way, the Sixers have better pieces minus Lonzo. The only team with better pieces is Boston.

Yeah but who put it out there? The only reliable source saying that is Stephen A, and he's kind of borderline these days.

I also don't agree that the Lakers are the marquee franchise. Not since they started all of this nonsense and turned themselves into a laughingstock. LA is why people want to play there, not the franchise itself. Imo, that's Boston.

Comment

We have our second major trade of the offseason, as LA finally unloads Austin Rivers in exchange for underrated Center Marcin Gortat.

Clippers clearly won this trade. I can't wait to see John Wall have to deal with Austin. Serves him right for disrespecting his own teammates publicly.

I also can't wait to see Gortat on a team where he won't be completely overshadowed and can play with skilled forwards like Danilo and Tobias.

Comment

We have our second major trade of the offseason, as LA finally unloads Austin Rivers in exchange for underrated Center Marcin Gortat.

Clippers clearly won this trade. I can't wait to see John Wall have to deal with Austin. Serves him right for disrespecting his own teammates publicly.

I also can't wait to see Gortat on a team where he won't be completely overshadowed and can play with skilled forwards like Danilo and Tobias.
                I take it this trade signals that DJ will leave?

Comment

I don't see why he would re-sign or opt in other than to get traded. I mean there's really nothing for him in LA I have to think. Unless they trade for Kawhi, which they have no shot of, then they have no chance in hell to contend. On top of that, it's becoming clear the Clippers are becoming a team full of iso players and combo guards barring a lot of moves.

I honestly didn't understand why he re-signed in 2015. That team just became more and more of a mess after they traded for Austin.

Comment

Apparently OJ Mayo just got cut by a team in Puerto Rico. His 2 year ban is finished and apparently NBA scouts were saying encouraging things a few weeks ago, but this obviously isn't a good sign.

Comment

OJ is done. There's too many guys who are exactly like him and way younger for him to ever get another real shot at the league.

It's a shame, because players like KD smoke weed regularly but because they don't get caught with it in their system, nothing happens.

Comment

OJ is done. There's too many guys who are exactly like him and way younger for him to ever get another real shot at the league.

It's a shame, because players like KD smoke weed regularly but because they don't get caught with it in their system, nothing happens.
                        It seemed like he had an NBA specific ban so I'm surprised he didn't try playing overseas until the last month. For example, Sonny Weems had a drug ban hanging over him but was able to play in China.

Comment

I'd say it's maybe a financial thing. I don't know much about the cap and CBA but I'm guessing his contract would become void if he signed with an overseas club or something.

Comment

Reason #135489 why Enes Kanter is the best. Who else would announce it this way?

Comment

In addition to Kanter and Melo, Thad Young, Danny Green, and Wilson Chandler have opted into the last year of their deals, while LeBron and DeAndre have opted out of theirs.

Comment

Phoenix releases Tyler Ulis and Lakers release Thomas Bryant.

Thomas Bryant being released is kind of shocking to me. He could be another Clint Capela. Only way this makes sense to me is because he's injured and wouldn't pass a physical if traded.
                                Last edited by CHBB; 07-01-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information