No announcement yet.

Fenerbahce 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure that Thompson will be out at the end, probably Wanamaker too, not sure about Nunnally probably a renewal since he is progressing , Antic's mostly paid by Fener contract will also end this summer. So if we can sustain the budget somehow, there is a good amount of money for two or three players ( a center, a guard and maybe a PF)
    There are not enough option out here, Ekpe Udoh would probably be the first choice if Utah don't exercise the team option in his conract. I don't think any other NBA team will show interest on him, though CSKA will pursue him very badly I guess. I would love to see one of Kaleb Tarczewski- Arturas Gudaitis duo if Udoh is unreachable. For guard position Pangos or Wilbekin seem logical options, Wilbekin has some issues obviously so Pangos more probable.

Then, we have

PG: Kevin Pangos, Ali Muhammed
    SG: Kostas Sloukas, Melih M. Sinan Güler
    SF: Gigi Datome, James Nunnaly, Marko Guduric
    PF: Nicolo Melli, Nikola Kalinic
    C : Jan Vesely, Ekpe Udoh , Ahmet Duverioglu

This team would probably has some perimeter defence problems but,
    A championship conterder team again... hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
      I am pretty sure that Thompson will be out at the end, probably Wanamaker too, not sure about Nunnally probably a renewal since he is progressing , Antic's mostly paid by Fener contract will also end this summer. So if we can sustain the budget somehow, there is a good amount of money for two or three players ( a center, a guard and maybe a PF)
      There are not enough option out here, Ekpe Udoh would probably be the first choice if Utah don't exercise the team option in his conract. I don't think any other NBA team will show interest on him, though CSKA will pursue him very badly I guess. I would love to see one of Kaleb Tarczewski- Arturas Gudaitis duo if Udoh is unreachable. For guard position Pangos or Wilbekin seem logical options, Wilbekin has some issues obviously so Pangos more probable.

Then, we have

PG: Kevin Pangos, Ali Muhammed
      SG: Kostas Sloukas, Melih M. Sinan Güler
      SF: Gigi Datome, James Nunnaly, Marko Guduric
      PF: Nicolo Melli, Nikola Kalinic
      C : Jan Vesely, Ekpe Udoh , Ahmet Duverioglu

This team would probably has some perimeter defence problems but,
      A championship conterder team again... hopefully.
      In what segment is Nunnalli progresing? Last year F4 he scored 2 points, this F4 zero points in two games.
      If player improve something throughout season I suppose he should show that when it is the most important, in F4.
      I congratulate him for his so called improvement but it's time to leave Fener . He showed that isn't capable to be even role player in title games.

I could say the same for Guduric but this was his first F4 and he deserves one more chance, I hope next season.

Pangos could be great add but he is going to Barca as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
        In what segment is Nunnalli progresing? Last year F4 he scored 2 points, this F4 zero points in two games.
        If player improve something throughout season I suppose he should show that when it is the most important, in F4.
        I congratulate him for his so called improvement but it's time to leave Fener . He showed that isn't capable to be even role player in title games.

I could say the same for Guduric but this was his first F4 and he deserves one more chance, I hope next season.

Zalgiris would gladly welcome Nunnally to the squad instead of Toupane, who has no offensive talent. Nunnally is a good defender with a extremely good 3pt shot. He is great 3 and D player and you can't deny it. Also, fun fact, Nunnally was asking to play in Zalgiris 2 or 3 years ago, so now it is time for him to go to us.
        About Pangos, he isn't going to Barca yet, first of all he wants to the NBA and only after that he will look towards Europe.

Comment

with that kind of logic, we should first get rid of Vesely, Sloukas, Kalinic, Luigi Datome (they are downgrading badly according to your logic)

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
            with that kind of logic, we should first get rid of Vesely, Sloukas, Kalinic, Luigi Datome (they are downgrading badly according to your logic)
            Maybe you know maybe you don't but I didn't like Kalinic the whole last season until F4. Then when was the most important, guy showed big balls and great character. From now on he can be the worst player on the court, I will never write one word about him. The same goes for our legends Vesely and Datome.
            Now you are making out some logic that we should put in the same basket legends that brought us a title and players that in two consecutive F4( in 4 biggest games in the competition) had 2 points.

To be clear, I don't havea anything against you, just I argue with you conclusion that player who progressed but don't have the balls and character for big games will help Fener to win the title again.
            Or you think we should continue to make roster just as F4 contender and forget about the title? To be forever finalist or semifinalist and wait next F4 in Istanbul? In that case it's ok. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
              Zalgiris would gladly welcome Nunnally to the squad instead of Toupane, who has no offensive talent. Nunnally is a good defender with a extremely good 3pt shot. He is great 3 and D player and you can't deny it. Also, fun fact, Nunnally was asking to play in Zalgiris 2 or 3 years ago, so now it is time for him to go to us.
              About Pangos, he isn't going to Barca yet, first of all he wants to the NBA and only after that he will look towards Europe.
              I wish you to sign him from my hart. Even I think he could perfect fit for the team on the edge of fighting for F4.

Comment

Maybe you know maybe you don't but I didn't like Kalinic the whole last season until F4. Then when was the most important, guy showed big balls and great character. From now on he can be the worst player on the court, I will never write one word about him. The same goes for our legends Vesely and Datome.
                Now you are making out some logic that we should put in the same basket legends that brought us a title and players that in two consecutive F4( in 4 biggest games in the competition) had 2 points.

To be clear, I don't havea anything against you, just I argue with you conclusion that player who progressed but don't have the balls and character for big games will help Fener to win the title again.
                Or you think we should continue to make roster just as F4 contender and forget about the title? To be forever finalist or semifinalist and wait next F4 in Istanbul? In that case it's ok. Cheers
                You put up a defective logic and I point it out with a little sarcasm. now you are making a drama out of it.

Comment

I don't like him too, but for the sake of Turkish basketball it's usefull if we make benefit from having Obradovic in Fener. It's not just about winning one or two title but what will happen when Obra leave.
                  Many Fener fans, don't mind me but including you, think just about what is going on in this moment forgeting about the future. The first time in the history we have the system, patience, success, title, 3 F4 in a row.. And now we should think about whom we like or not?
                  If someone bring Sarica instead of Obra in this moment I would make suicide But we realy need someone who will learn from the greatest coach in the history of Euro basket. Do you have better proposal then Sarica?
                  Orhun Ene is doing a better job than Sarıca right now. And as others said, they wouldn't be an assistant coach to anyone in the Turkish league right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
                    Orhun Ene is doing a better job than Sarıca right now. And as others said, they wouldn't be an assistant coach to anyone in the Turkish league right now.
                    I don't care what will happen with both of them. Just thinking what could be good for Sarica.

Comment

fenerbahçe beko sounds nice. dont be surprised if you see beko with our name next year...
                      Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                        fenerbahçe beko sounds nice. dont be surprised if you see beko with our name next year...
                        Much better then Dogus

Comment

Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
                          you cant increase revenues without getting UK, France and Germany involved. these are the largest markets in terms of fanbase.
                          are you sure about the UK? there seems to be no fanbase there, they simply do not care about bball.

Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
                          and more importantly Fenerbahce does not have an owner. this is not some premier league team owned by some rich arabs. club chairman voted and selected in every three years.
                          we have sponsors. sponsors who care about popularity of basketball. Our main sponsor, Dogus Group opens basketball courts, organize tournaments in Europe in partnership with the Euroleague.
                          maybe in the documents & books, but in reality Fener surely seems like Aziz baba's ciftlik. Yours is like Erdogan claiming Turkey is a true democracy (the best in the world as he says). We'll see the truth in non-ownership claim soon (I sincerely hope we do).
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Much better then Dogus
                            are you willing to give up your president? Beko is only possible, I guess, if Ali Koc wins the election.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

If Koç loses this election I will suspend myself as a Fenerbahçe fan.

No president should call their supporters ''hired dogs''

Comment

Sloukas - XXX - Sinan
                                XXX - Guduric - Melih
                                Datome - XXX
                                Melli - XXX - Kalinic
                                Vesely - Ahmet

That will be more or less our core...

As backup for Sloukas, probably we will see Wilbekin...

At SG spot probably we will see one of Belinelli and Delaney...
                                Belinelli sounds more possible to me...

At SF spot, I won't be surprised if Nunnally extends.

Singleton is a done deal as I heard...

So, our roster may look like that;

Sloukas - Wilbekin - Sinan
                                Belinelli - Guduric - Melih
                                Datome - Nunnally
                                Melli - Singleton - Kalinic
                                Vesely - Ahmet

Let's see...
                                Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Working...
                                X