Fenerbahce 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenerbahce 2018-19

We should go for Mike James rather then for Calathes. After(probably) Wilbekin come we don't need another pg in the team.
    After Doncic leave next EL will be even worse quality then this one. I don't see the reason why we couldn't be more competetive then this season.

The best scenario for us:
    Wanamaker,Thompson, Nunnalli out
    Wilbekin,James,solid pf(just normal basketball player as back up for Melli) in

Even old Antic would be better then this moron Thompson staying)

Even in this F4 we could win with this roster.

Originally posted by janketa View Post
    We should go for Mike James rather then for Calathes. After(probably) Wilbekin come we don't need another pg in the team.
    After Doncic leave next EL will be even worse quality then this one. I don't see the reason why we couldn't be more competetive then this season.

I thought James was going to Milano. Just a rumor, never finalized perhaps?
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
      I thought James was going to Milano. Just a rumor, never finalized perhaps?
      Me too, but it seems he is still open for contract.

Comment

If James joins FB, we will probably see a couple of videos of Obra slapping him during the games or he would run away from the club eventually
        He has talent but he is so unreliable and never considered or seen him playing for his team. He can not and should not be a part of this FB team. Obra would have kept Goodelock rather than bringing him.

Unless Willbekin goes for an apology i dont believe he's joining us as well.

Comment

We have three clubs with high budgets, around 30 milions or more. It's a fact that Laso used his budget better then Obratovic and Itoudis, so result is better and deeper roster and title.
          Obradovic is master of the game, best coach in history of Euro basket, but when we are talking about roster decisions he is far from the best. He just use what he have and make players better then they realy are.
          He need to make better market moves imo. He has budget and all is up to him from now on
          Fener just need a player, who can make crucial shots/decisions in crucial moments of the game. Wana/Sloukas is obviously not that kind of a player.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
            Fener just need a player, who can make crucial shots/decisions in crucial moments of the game. Wana/Sloukas is obviously not that kind of a player.
            european market is very limited in terms of those decisive players. and thats probably why team play makes a huge difference.
            we had bogdan and lost him to nba

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
              I thought Wanamaker was that player exactly, and I was jealous when Fener signed him. He did not deliver in this role.
              I still think he is a great player, though. We'd welcome him with open arms at Efes (if I were the GM. Alper Yilmaz will now sign another Adams)
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

I think cricial shots aren't the problem. The problem is we don't have an obvious leading scorer, and leader on the team. I don't remember Bogdan winning a last second EL playoff game or final four game by scoring at the last second, or Udoh. But with them, we could rely on how they will carry our offensive game and how they will organize and lead the team play. Sometimes Sloukas plays terrible (as he did in Madrid game) and we just stopped there when that happened. Or Kalinic was the same. You can't trust Vesely also. Wanamaker is a great one-on-one player, and I am sure he would score even more than 14 pts if we had played like Houston, and we relied on Dixon too in Zalgris game and that worked. But it didn't work in the finals. We need a better leader and a scorer on the court, Wanamaker and Sloukas are great players, but they aren't leaders like Bogdan and Udoh.

And Guduric, honestly I don't see even a sign on how he can become another Bogdan. Bogdan played much better in 2015 final four even though it was his first final four just like Guduric's in 2018, Guduric zero pts in two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  I thought Wanamaker was that player exactly, and I was jealous when Fener signed him. He did not deliver in this role.
                  I still think he is a great player, though. We'd welcome him with open arms at Efes (if I were the GM. Alper Yilmaz will now sign another Adams)
                  efes would wellcome even ahmet düverioğlu with open arms if we leave him now

Comment

Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
                    efes would wellcome even ahmet düverioğlu with open arms if we leave him now
                    Unfortunately for Efes, that's true. There is a level difference between Fener and Efes since 3 or 4 years. They would want to take almost every substitute player from us. Duverioglu / Melih / Sinan / Dixon / Nunnaly. Only maybe they wouldn't want Guduric and Thompson, but I am not even sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
                      Unfortunately for Efes, that's true. There is a level difference between Fener and Efes since 3 or 4 years. They would want to take almost every substitute player from us. Duverioglu / Melih / Sinan / Dixon / Nunnaly. Only maybe they wouldn't want Guduric and Thompson, but I am not even sure about that.
                      I'm not so sure about wanting Sinan/Melih/Nunnally/Thompson. I actually am almost sure they won't.

Ahmet and Guduric are welcome. Wanamaker too .
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Now when he left Besiktas the best option for Sarica is to apply for assistent coach job at Fener.
                        I wrote about that option two years ago. It's maybe just illusory downgrade in this moment for him, but in couple of years he could be Obradovic successor in Fener.

Sarica is just good potential in this moment(regardless of everything he did until now) and he is not top league euro coach imo. With Obradovic he could improve and learn much more then coaching some EC Turkish team

Comment

Now when he left Besiktas the best option for Sarica is to apply for assistent coach job at Fener.
                          I wrote about that option two years ago. It's maybe just illusory downgrade in this moment for him, but in couple of years he could be Obradovic successor in Fener.

Sarica is just good potential in this moment(regardless of everything he did until now) and he is not top league euro coach imo. With Obradovic he could improve and learn much more then coaching some EC Turkish team
                          Sarıca is like a mini-Ataman, majority of the Fener supporters doesn't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
                            Sarıca is like a mini-Ataman, majority of the Fener supporters doesn't like him.
                            I don't like him too, but for the sake of Turkish basketball it's usefull if we make benefit from having Obradovic in Fener. It's not just about winning one or two title but what will happen when Obra leave.
                            Many Fener fans, don't mind me but including you, think just about what is going on in this moment forgeting about the future. The first time in the history we have the system, patience, success, title, 3 F4 in a row.. And now we should think about whom we like or not?
                            If someone bring Sarica instead of Obra in this moment I would make suicide But we realy need someone who will learn from the greatest coach in the history of Euro basket. Do you have better proposal then Sarica?

Comment

I somehow doubt someone would like to quit his job as a head coach in order to work as an assistant one.
                              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information