Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anadolu Efes 2018-19

I mean, Efes are going to town this offseason, taking good players, but their coach is a joke. Micis and Beaubois are two good adds for playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    I mean, Efes are going to town this offseason, taking good players, but their coach is a joke. Micis and Beaubois are two good adds for playoff team.
    I am the last man on the planet that should defend Ataman because I don't like him, but he is in range with any coach in Europe that won EC and not EL.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I am the last man on the planet that should defend Ataman because I don't like him, but he is in range with any coach in Europe that won EC and not EL.
    the trouble with him is more about his personality, imho. Does not fit to Efes's low profile, mind-your-business type philosophy.

2nd I think he has lost his touch with reality after his short stint within the NBA coaching staffs. A few terrible coaching and player selection decisions. He was trying to run weird offensive/defensive line ups in the EL last season.

I think he is the most critical part of Efes roster that needs to be replaced, but it won't happen.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

3 players officially released over the last two days, all as expected. More to come.

roster as it stands today (I expect the ones in orange to leave as well):

MCCollum - Micic - Tuncer - Balbay
    Beaubois - Dragic - Batuk - xxx
    Weems - Simon - xxx
    Brown - Motum - Birsen - Saybir
    Dunston - Sanli - xxx

Coach: Ergin Ataman

out
    Demir (to Darussafaka)
    Douglas
    Stimac
    Erdogan
    Bitim
    (likely, non-confirmed)
    Mustafa
    (likely, non-confirmed)
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-27-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozkan Celebi View Post
    Official: Anadolu Efes signs Adrien Moerman.
    Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Gross.
    gotta get rid of GM Yilmaz. I can't fathom why Efes signs Moermann. another offensive big with questionable defense.
    This probably means Motum will be released (or Brown, but I'd think the former is more likely).

on other news, people are talking about the $1.3m buy-out Dacka is asking for Wilbekin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    gotta get rid of GM Yilmaz. I can't fathom why Efes signs Moermann. another offensive big with questionable defense.
    This probably means Motum will be released (or Brown, but I'd think the former is more likely).

on other news, people are talking about the $1.3m buy-out Dacka is asking for Wilbekin.
    I really wonder why Alper Yilmaz is Gm at Efes. Some old legends may work in the club that is ok but to be a basketball mind of organization should require much more aspects. As a basketball player or Gm he is not known as smart or leader.

Without Ataman’s Ok on this, it would not happen. So it is not right to bash Gm based on the transfers especially this season.

Even Motum is three times better player then Moermann. I expected more from Efes this season but now I see this one more lost year for them.
    Moermann, Brown is by far the worst pf duo in EL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozkan Celebi View Post
    Official: Anadolu Efes signs Adrien Moerman.
    I am sorry for Efes fans.

Every season the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    Without Ataman’s Ok on this, it would not happen. So it is not right to bash Gm based on the transfers especially this season.
    I'm sure it was Ataman asking for Moerman, shooting bigs that he always has a soft spot for, but it's the GM's fault to hire him in the first place, and not to fire now. Efes did terrible moves last summer too, before Ataman.

He was a pretty solid bball player, also for Efes, but I feel like bashing him as a GM.

or bash the president maybe? we had so many coach changes, but Alper Yilmaz is only the 2nd GM I ever remember.

I'm sure it was Ataman asking for Moerman, shooting bigs that he always has a soft spot for, but it's the GM's fault to hire him in the first place, and not to fire now. Efes did terrible moves last summer too, before Ataman.

He was a pretty solid bball player, also for Efes, but I feel like bashing him as a GM.

or bash the president maybe? we had so many coach changes, but Alper Yilmaz is only the 2nd GM I ever remember.
    Yeah, it was a really pretty stupid move ��

efes is showing us all again "how not to spend the money", starting with their coach
    im glad as a Fenerbahce supporter because we practically dont have a local rival now but again sad as a basketball fan.

Could still be an alright team if you add Wilbekin and a 3&D wing. It would be pretty humiliating to let the newly Turkish player get away to Israel because they couldn't pay the buy-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziya K View Post
    efes is showing us all again "how not to spend the money", starting with their coach
    im glad as a Fenerbahce supporter because we practically dont have a local rival now but again sad as a basketball fan.
    No worries, we'll have better/higher targets with Ataman and Yilmaz next season;
    Hoping for 11-15. places for Euroleague and 2. place for Turkish League...
    We call the situation in Turkish; "Different colour of same shit" every single season.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Could still be an alright team if you add Wilbekin and a 3&D wing. It would be pretty humiliating to let the newly Turkish player get away to Israel because they couldn't pay the buy-out.
    I bet they'll pay two mediocre players the same money instead, one of whom will be released after Ataman doesn't play him at all
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

http://basketdergisi.com/anadolu-efe...-patlatti.html

...after Tibor Pleiss and Shane Larkin news, today is a better day.
    But hold on, you still have Ataman somewhere over there
    Last edited by Worrax; 07-21-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrax View Post
    http://basketdergisi.com/anadolu-efe...-patlatti.html

...after Tibor Pleiss and Shane Larkin news, today is a better day.
    But hold on, you have Ataman somewhere over there
    And Moermann. You will see when season starts what two morons can do to one solid team.

I heared the rumours, but were there any official news what will happen with Derrick Brown, Motum, Simon, Dragic? I mean words from Ataman atleast, if there are no club's statement in official site

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    And Moermann. You will see when season starts what two morons can do to one solid team.
    Efes's black holes are; position 2-3-4 and Ataman, in my opinion. About Moerman i'm agree with you. But i hope we'll be wrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast