Anadolu Efes 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anadolu Efes 2018-19

After a historically disastrous season, Efes is going to try and spring back to playoff contention at least.

current roster:

McCollum - Douglas - Balbay
    Dragic - Batuk - Bitim - Erdogan
    Weems - Simon - Mustafa
    Brown - Motum - Demir - Saybir
    Dunston - Stimac

Coach: Ergin Ataman

Considering Ataman has another year in his contract, we will assume he will sadly stay at the helm.

there were also few non-official non-significant moves during the last month:

Bugrahan Tuncer (PG, 1.92m, 1993, Eskisehir Basket)
    Metecan Birsen (SF, 2.05m, 1995, Sakarya BSB)
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Tuncer is a pretty good player but not exactly dynamic -- is he expected to take Balbay's role? He could probably offer the same level of defense and rebounding with a bit more offensive ability.

Comment

Is Motum staying another year?

Comment

Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
        Tuncer is a pretty good player but not exactly dynamic -- is he expected to take Balbay's role? He could probably offer the same level of defense and rebounding with a bit more offensive ability.
        I'd say so, yes. Tuncer will take his place as the 3rd pg. Balbay plays his heart out, and he's well appreciated among fans, but he is too small to be effective in EL. I don't know if he'll be kept for TBL.

What I do know for sure is Efes needs to sign Wilbekin, if there is even a remote chance. He is the embodiment of what this team lacks.

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
        Is Motum staying another year?
        I do not have any inside info, unfortunately, just following Efes fan groups and accounts, etc., and based on the impression there, he's not a must-keep.

Comment

Now that Darussafaka is done (good game today, Dacka didn't have anyone who could stop Weems on the wing) we should hear something on Wilbekin soon, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
            After a historically disastrous season, Efes is going to try and spring back to playoff contention at least.
            Are you hoping that Weems re-signs? Sounds like he's really stepped up in the TBL playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
              Are you hoping that Weems re-signs? Sounds like he's really stepped up in the TBL playoffs.
              if Ataman stays, Weems will most likely stay too. Personally I'd like both of them gone, but none of what I want happens when it's about Efes

PS. Efes's butt was kicked again today, this time by Tofas, by almost 30pts in the TBL POs.

Comment

Tofaş beats Efes 89-82 for the second time. Tofaş is leading the series 2-0 on the semi-finals. It looks like another nightmare season for Efes and Ataman unless they defeat Tofaş three times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
                  Tofaş beats Efes 89-82 for the second time. Tofaş is leading the series 2-0 on the semi-finals. It looks like another nightmare season for Efes and Ataman unless they defeat Tofaş three times in a row.
                  This season is hopeless anyway. Ataman was saying he'll win the TBL this year . How on earth he expect to win anything by choosing McCollum over Douglas? if we lose 0-3, then maybe Ataman gets fired, and we can start to have hopes for next year.

Need to urgently fire Alper (GM) too.

Comment

Douglas is better than Mccollum, and he needed to use Stimac on post-ups more. This Efes team isn't bad at all, especially if you compare it to Tofaş.

Remember what Stimac was doing in the previous season with BJK, he was even a trouble to our players Udoh and Vesely from time to time in the finals, he had successful plays in the Euroleague (such as Round 6 MVP). Instead Ataman ignored him and used players like Motum who is incredibly inconsistent. Simon is also very inconsistent and he should've played with Douglas more.

Comment

Apparently, Efes is signing Sertac Sanli as well. one of the few Turkish players who can have an impact, but in a proper setting.

Comment

Tofaş 76 - 70 Efes.

It's the end of the season for Efes and Ataman. I don't see how and why Ataman said ''We will be champion'' when he couldn't even carry his team to the final.

Comment

Apparently, Efes is signing Sertac Sanli as well. one of the few Turkish players who can have an impact, but in a proper setting.
                          I like Sanli but under Ataman I am not sure this is the right move for him

Comment

Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
                            efes signs metecan birsen, a small forward who grew up with the Fenerbahce juniors team.
                            yes, he's the first official signing of the 3 previously announced "agreements": Birsen, Tuncer, and Sanli.

Dunston and Brown is under contract, I assume they'll stay. the rest is question mark.

Comment

yes, he's the first official signing of the 3 previously announced "agreements": Birsen, Tuncer, and Sanli.
                              Not really the right time for Birsen and Tuncer to be in a higher level team. I would love them to spend at least one more season in a team where they can have luxury of making mistakes on court without having fear of being benched at first mistake.
                              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information