Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid 2018-19

Default Real Madrid 2018-19

Note: Post is copied from Real Madrid 2017-18 threads, and pasted as the thread started for 2018-19 thread - Levenspiel

It will very interesting -as it is quite rare for somebody to take over in such little time- to see how Real will move forward from the -short- "Doncic era". Even without Luka, the same roster is still a F4 favorite and pretty young. So if they manage to replace 60 year old Reyes they will be favorites again. It will be very nice to see Yusta and Radoncic stepping up.
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 05-23-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    I think that the general consensus was that Real's full squad is the best. A couple of odd voices don't change that fact

It will very interesting -as it is quite rare for somebody to take over in such little time- to see how Real will move forward from the -short- "Doncic era". Even without Luka, the same roster is still a F4 favorite and pretty young. So if they manage to replace 60 year old Reyes they will be favorites again. It will be very nice to see Yusta and Radoncic stepping up.
    Prepelic is coming and with Llull and Campazzo without injuries, they’re 1 off the favorites again.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Prepelic is coming and with Llull and Campazzo without injuries, they’re 1 off the favorites again.
    Reyes replacement is going to be Sebas Sáiz, who is on loan at Burgos (1st season as a pro after University and he is perforimg really well). But it is going to be in 2020.

Llull-Campazzo-XXX
    Causeur-Prepelic-Carroll
    Taylor-Rudy-Yusta
    XXX-Thompkins-Reyes
    Ayón-Tavares-Kuzmic

Doncic out, Randolph has an NBA option on his contract, and Radoncic has to go on loan (such as Sáiz). About Randle, I am sure that he could be a great scorer in a medium level team. Giving him on loan to see what happens could be an interesting idea.

I would sign a veteran PG with good defense, good shooting and good tempo (José Manuel Calderón in a veteran role would be perfect for me, if he doesnt stay in the Cavs), and for replacing Randoph if he leaves, I would chose Shengeila (although is probably that he goes to the NBA), and if not, Juancho Hernángomez is not playing anything at Denver, and his style of play fits really good in the Lolaso.
    Last edited by Mr Chacho; 05-20-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post

Llull-Campazzo-XXX
    Causeur-Prepelic-Carroll
    Taylor-Rudy-Yusta
    XXX-Thompkins-Reyes
    Ayón-Tavares-Kuzmic
    As I understand we have to sign atleast 1 more homegrown player because we got only 4 right now ? Sergio, Rudy (if resigned), Yusta and Reyes ?
    What about Ayon, TT and Campazzo passports, I forgot. Did Ayon receive his Spanish passport ? Hopefully we will use free money from Randolph contract and Doncic to sign PROPER SF instead of this swedish streetballer who can't do anything except dunking, looks like I'm already crying for 3 years in a row, but I can't watch him playing, so useless, we threw out our best defender - Jonas and still kept this clown.

I would like to see something like:

1) Llull, Campazzo +1
    2) Prepelic, Causeur, Carroll
    3) Gill, Sastre, Yusta
    4) Shengelia, TT, Reyes
    5) Ayon, Tavares + Kuzmic if we got money for him

Quote Originally Posted by archaz View Post
    As I understand we have sign atleast 1 more homegrown player because we got only 4 right now ? Sergio, Rudy (if resigned), Yusta and Reyes ?
    What about Ayon, TT and Campazzo passports, I forgot. Did Ayon receive his Spanish passport ? Hopefully we will use free money from Randolph contract and Doncic to sign PROPER SF instead of this swedish streetballer who can't do anything except dunking, looks like I'm already crying for 3 years in a row, but I can't watch him playing, so useless, we threw out our best defender - Jonas and still kept this clown.
    Radoncic doesn't qualify as homegrown player?
    previously known as Beno

Radoncic doesn't qualify as homegrown player?
    He is, but it means that he will benchwarm with Yusta for 1 more year, not sure it's best idea for such young guy. As Chacho mentioned before, guy has to go on loan somewhere for minutes.

As I understand we have to sign atleast 1 more homegrown player because we got only 4 right now ? Sergio, Rudy (if resigned), Yusta and Reyes ?

I would like to see something like:

1) Llull, Campazzo +1
    2) Prepelic, Causeur, Carroll
    3) Gill, Sastre, Yusta
    4) Shengelia, TT, Reyes
    5) Ayon, Tavares + Kuzmic if we got money for him
    You must have 4 cupos.

Taylor and Rudy are going to be resigned, Laso loves both. It was a rumour between Sastre and RM, but he denied it. Shengeila seems that he could leave Baskonia to the NBA.

I am thinking, and our balkanic scout deserves more money: Bojan Bogdanovic-Nikola Mirotic-Luka Doncic-Dino Radoncic and Mario Nakic (this guy is really good). We also have Garuba, Queeley and bit more.

Real roster look pretty solid for next season, even if Randolph and Luka go. Rudy will get lower contract so there should be enough money for at least one good signing. What will happen to Kuzmic? With Tavares and Ayon, there's no real place for him.
    previously known as Beno

You must have 4 cupos.

Taylor and Rudy are going to be resigned, Laso loves both. It was a rumour between Sastre and RM, but he denied it. Shengeila seems that he could leave Baskonia to the NBA.

I am thinking, and our balkanic scout deserves more money: Bojan Bogdanovic-Nikola Mirotic-Luka Doncic-Dino Radoncic and Mario Nakic (this guy is really good). We also have Garuba, Queeley and bit more.
    Good news about cupos, I remember there were seasons I think when 5 were needed.
    Really can't understand where's the point in Taylor, this guy can't defend, he has 0 potential in offense, can only dunk in fast breaks. 0.5 PIR in play offs, 1.5 PIR in F4 and that's guy from starting 5 that's playing 15-20 mins per game, joke.
    Timma was playing in Zenit last season, we could've signed him without any problems. And what about passports ? Can we sign 1 more American if we keep TT ?

Good news about cupos, I remember there were seasons I think when 5 were needed.
    Really can't understand where's the point in Taylor, this guy can't defend, he has 0 potential in offense, can only dunk in fast breaks. 0.5 PIR in play offs, 1.5 PIR in F4 and that's guy from starting 5 that's playing 15-20 mins per game, joke.
    Timma was playing in Zenit last season, we could've signed him without any problems. And what about passports ? Can we sign 1 more American if we keep TT ?
    Timma rejected Real Madrid to go to Baskonia, because he thought that there he could shine more for going to the NBA. Taylor is a Laso boy, he will remain.

Campazzo has the spanish passport, Randolph the slovenian one. Ayón could demand the spanish one for the time he has been living here.

What will happen to Kuzmic? With Tavares and Ayon, there's no real place for him.
    Give him to us

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Give him to us
    You have Thompson!

Kuz has contract, and he will play a lot, Ayón is 33 and he needs rest to be at 100% and performs at good level.

We have Veseli, Melli, Ahmet too And Kuzmic could just fit in Fener instead of Thompson that "we have" but not for long I hope

Real renewed Campazzo, Thomkins is close as well. Talks ongoing with Rudy, club gives him 1 year, he wants 2 years.
    https://twitter.com/blasradio/status/999757666883919873

Very reliable source.

Campazzo is more or less renewed, Thompkins and Rudy close, too. Prepelic and Deck signed, Chema de Lucas dixit.

Llull-Campazzo
    Causeur-Prepelic-Carroll
    Taylor-Rudy-Deck-Yusta
    Thompkins-Randolph-Reyes-Radoncic-Suárez
    Tavares-Ayón-Kuzmic-Sáiz-Lima

Next year we have this (19 players, we could do like MTA and have 2 teams!).

- Lima will go on loan until his contracts ends, Suárez the same-
    - Sáiz will go on loan 1 more year
    - Randolph situation is not clear, he is losing protagonism and he may come back to the NBA. If this happens, I will left Radoncic as the back up SF.
    - Doncic out at 99%

We could end like this:

Llull-Campazzo-Causeur
    Prepelic-Rudy-Carroll
    Taylor-Deck-Yusta
    Thompkins-Radoncic-Reyes
    Ayón-Tavares-Kuzmic

Room for the youngsters.

Cant believe Real won Euroleague this year. Rudy, Taylor - my eyes are bleeding.

Buff, Baskonia is such a difficult rival! Great win today to have again the homecourt adv.!

We were down 10 in the 1st and 3rd Q, but the team came back greatly. Campazzo, Causeur, Reyes and Taylor were good. But the main protagonists were Thompkins, Rudy and Carroll.
    But the 2 stars were Doncic (he domimnated the game) and Tavares, his defense was impressive in the last Q (5 blocks, and the crucial one vs Shengeila). Llull was absolutely horrible.

Let's see if we can end the final in the next match, it is going to be extremely difficult, but we must try it!

Buff, Baskonia is such a difficult rival! Great win today to have again the homecourt adv.!

We were down 10 in the 1st and 3rd Q, but the team came back greatly. Campazzo, Causeur, Reyes and Taylor were good. But the main protagonists were Thompkins, Rudy and Carroll.
    But the 2 stars were Doncic (he domimnated the game) and Tavares, his defense was impressive in the last Q (5 blocks, and the crucial one vs Shengeila). Llull was absolutely horrible.

Let's see if we can end the final in the next match, it is going to be extremely difficult, but we must try it!
    This series deserves 5 games. No doubt.
    Why Rendolph doesn't play?
    2019/2020:
    PG: Wilbekin, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Dorsey, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
    This series deserves 5 games. No doubt.
    Why Rendolph doesn't play?
    He became weak player, Tavares is now main defensive guy.

Watching this Finals I believe Real needs another Pg next year. I don’t believe Llull/Campazzo will be enough for playing in all competitions.
    previously known as Beno

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast