Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    Obviously Sabeckis can't handle EL level thus far and maybe won't
    Getting 5s per game does not help to prove oneself. Looking from Sabeckis point of view it's a dick move by the club.
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Originally posted by Miškinis View Post
      Getting 5s per game does not help to prove oneself. Looking from Sabeckis point of view it's a dick move by the club.
      Maybe there's a reason why he didn't get more, don't you think? I guess for coaches it's way better to see who is who and what player is capable of or ready for, there were plenty of practices, plenty of time to prove your worth. And no way it's some sort of dick move, if you can't play the way you were expecting to, so who's to blame? Club surely shouldn't wait forever for that to happen. I'm sure that Sabeckis on his own knew where his is heading and what to expect, including this

Comment

Maybe there's a reason why he didn't get more, don't you think? I guess for coaches it's way better to see who is who and what player is capable of or ready for, there were plenty of practices, plenty of time to prove your worth. And no way it's some sort of dick move, if you can't play the way you were expecting to, so who's to blame? Club surely shouldn't wait forever for that to happen. I'm sure that Sabeckis on his own knew where his is heading and what to expect, including this
        No, I don't think so. The way I see this is that the player has dominated LKL, yet now gets no chances to play in the league anymore (or Euroleage for that matter). That sounds incorrect. What I do think is that Žalgiris went into a panic mode (as they had only one PG), signed a player to fill the gaps and now wants to (potentially) get rid of him while the season is barely started (alternatively benching him with little to no hopes for getting playing time). In my book that's the definition of a dick move.
        Last edited by Miškinis; 10-18-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Šaras just said in the interview, that nobody will be loaned out. Sabeckis stays. He needs a big squad, that everybody would be fresh at the end of the season. He also said, that they watched closely and analyzed Walton since the summer.

Comment

Watched the interview. The coach thinks that Jokūbaitis should get playing time in LKL as well. Endless opportunities...
            Last edited by Miškinis; 10-18-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

No, I don't think so. The way I see this is that the player has dominated LKL, yet now gets no chances to play in the league anymore (or Euroleage for that matter). That sounds incorrect. What I do think is that Žalgiris went into a panic mode (as they had only one PG), signed a player to fill the gaps and now wants to (potentially) get rid of him while the season is barely started (alternatively benching him with little to no hopes for getting playing time). In my book that's the definition of a dick move.
              Well the problem only is that 17yo Jokubaitis looked more convincing and better overall in all pre-season games. So how his performance in Siauliai relevant here? basically I was disappointed with what I've seen from Sabeckis playing for Zalgiris. You can clearly see limitations. Unreliable ballhandling, non-existant perimeter shooting, lack of quickness, explosiveness and mobility at such level, inability to control the tempo and very mediocre decision making (again, at this point Jokubaitis looked way better). So so far he gets what he deserves. If he will improve, I have no doubt he'll have some chances here and there, specially in LKL.

On other hand, I can't follow what exactly Zalgiris sees in Uleckas? IMO, the guy is horrid basically. Streaky shooter, soft, takes bad off balance shots, takes sissy complicated lay-ups with his off hand, lacks lateral quickness, not a system player...Really not thinking he deserves a chance.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                Well the problem only is that 17yo Jokubaitis looked more convincing and better overall in all pre-season games. So how his performance in Siauliai relevant here?
                You're putting my words into a different context. I was referring to his level being or not being acceptable for the league(s), i.e., LKL or/and Euroleague, as it was questioned by another forum member. The last season has already answered at least a part of this question. Žalgiris' inability or lack of interest in utilizing him is more of a problem.

Comment

C'mon, mate, why Zalgiris needs some dirty moves to get rid of Sabeckis? Nor he signed some lucrative deal, nor Zalgiris would have to pay some big money to break the contract if they wanted or smth. If they doesn't need him, then just would let him go, would loan and that's all (Valinskas, Varnas, Masiulis, Geben, Jogela lately are examples). Half of LKL are looking for PG and would take him with arms wide open. Also what panic you're talking about? Sabeckis was signed at very beginning of August... What kind of panic can be at such time, when there're still plenty opportunities and choices in market, especially for smaller clubs, when players demands are getting lower, when NBA clubs didn't even start riddance? He was nothing but an option to widen the bench. It was obvious cause he was signed into Valinskas place, who also was behind 3 PGs last season. The news even came at once. He knew what he is gonna get. None really expected him to deliver in EL. Everyone knew that club still searching for another backline players, it was openly stated plenty of times.
                  And yeah, he dominated LKL in assists category, so what? That alone should guarantee him minutes on highest level? He must prove his worth once again, starting with practices, but if he can't, so again, who to blame? Overall, we saw dozen of times, when some LKL stats leaders came to Zalgiris or Rytas (when they were still a top club with big goals) and get totally lost, there was simply too big quality gap. Sabeckis so far doesn't look like exception here

Comment

C'mon, mate, why Zalgiris needs some dirty moves to get rid of Sabeckis? Nor he signed some lucrative deal, nor Zalgiris would have to pay some big money to break the contract if they wanted or smth. If they doesn't need him, then just would let him go, would loan and that's all (Valinskas, Varnas, Masiulis, Geben, Jogela lately are examples). Half of LKL are looking for PG and would take him with arms wide open. Also what panic you're talking about? Sabeckis was signed at very beginning of August... What kind of panic can be at such time, when there're still plenty opportunities and choices in market, especially for smaller clubs, when players demands are getting lower, when NBA clubs didn't even start riddance? He was nothing but an option to widen the bench. It was obvious cause he was signed into Valinskas place, who also was behind 3 PGs last season. The news even came at once. He knew what he is gonna get. None really expected him to deliver in EL. Everyone knew that club still searching for another backline players, it was openly stated plenty of times.
                    And yeah, he dominated LKL in assists category, so what? That alone should guarantee him minutes on highest level? He must prove his worth once again, starting with practices, but if he can't, so again, who to blame? Overall, we saw dozen of times, when some LKL stats leaders came to Zalgiris or Rytas (when they were still a top club with big goals) and get totally lost, there was simply too big quality gap. Sabeckis so far doesn't look like exception here
                    Let's agree to disagree.

Comment

In the recent mid-season survey of Euroleague GM, Brandon Davies is second in the "Euroleague player you would sign" category. This proves once again that Žalgiris took the best decision last year, when they extended his second year to keep him until the end of 2019-2020 season, even if I read lot of bad comments at that time (it's true it had maybe been done a little early though).
                      Otherwise this would have been impossible to see him in the roster next season.

Comment

It's interesting that last year when Pangos was playing great, some fans were saying Pangos passed Lekavicius for good, but this season we see that basically Lekavicius is having a better season statistically. Pangos struggling with Barsa. Thus I believe Lekavicius could have been huge for Jasikevicius last season as well, actually I don't doubt this at all. Zalgiris would be so much different team this year if had one of them.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

This season Zalgiris has 11 main players (everyone except youth and Thompson). Here's how team performed when some of them were unable to suit up
                          wins, loses, average point difference
                          All 11: 2-2 +0.5
                          10/11: 3-3 +3.3
                          9/11: 2-5 -6.3
                          8/11: 0-1 -4

Arguably 5 of those 9-player-games were 8-player games because in those Jankunas and Kavaliauskas played with hospital gowns (missed all 10 FG and combined for -1 PIR total)

Last season through 36 games Zalgiris had 2 games where 2 main rotation players didn't play (once Ulanovas and just fired Bost and later Toupane and Udrih) 1-1
                          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Happy for Grigonis. Always knew he can be a good player. He's having a break out EL season in his very first season in the league. He's already one of the keys of Zalgiris.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I really liked what Žalgiris showed yesterday. I honestly don't expect them to finally reach the top16, because this seems now almost impossible. Yet I hope the team will fight until the end.

This had already been a weird season really. The beginning with all those games lost at home while the results on the road were very good... And those different facets depening on the periods : for example I feel like the team in March seems to behave very differently than it used to in January/February

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information