Zalgiris Kaunas 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walkup to Žalgiris - 99.9%
    Another target - Marius Grigonis (Alba, Berlin). He has a contract until 2020, but Žalgiris is willing to buy him out.
    Rumors about Jonas Mačiulis coming back to Kaunas are also going around.

So far so good, I guess these players would replace Pangos, maybe Toupane, Udrih. Hopefully, not Ulanovas. Or maybe it would prolong the bench, as Žalgiris always registers players who are not playing in the games like Arlauskas, Sajus, etc.

PG - Micic, Valinskas (LKL - Jokūbaitis)
    SG - Walkup (PG), Grigonis (SF), Milaknis (SF)
    SF - Ulanovas, Mačiulis, Toupane (?)
    PF - Jankūnas, White, (LKL - Masiulis)
    C - Davies, Kavaliauskas, Birutis.

Looks like a very promising roster.

Comment

Originally posted by bakas View Post
      Walkup to Žalgiris - 99.9%
      Another target - Marius Grigonis (Alba, Berlin). He has a contract until 2020, but Žalgiris is willing to buy him out.
      Rumors about Jonas Mačiulis coming back to Kaunas are also going around.

So far so good, I guess these players would replace Pangos, maybe Toupane, Udrih. Hopefully, not Ulanovas. Or maybe it would prolong the bench, as Žalgiris always registers players who are not playing in the games like Arlauskas, Sajus, etc.

PG - Micic, Valinskas (LKL - Jokūbaitis)
      SG - Walkup (PG), Grigonis (SF), Milaknis (SF)
      SF - Ulanovas, Mačiulis, Toupane (?)
      PF - Jankūnas, White, (LKL - Masiulis)
      C - Davies, Kavaliauskas, Birutis.

Looks like a very promising roster.
      There won't be Ulanovas and Maciulis at the same team, that's for sure. And Toupane is gone. Valinskas will be bench warmer or he will be loaned to LKL team. The roster most likely will look like this:

PG Micic, new guy, Jokubaitis
      SG Walkup, Milaknis, Valinskas
      SF Maciulis, Grigonis, Arlauskas
      PF Jankunas, White or new guy, Masiulis
      C Davies, Kavaliauskas, Birutis

Almost everything is clear now. It's either Maciulis or Ulanovas, but most likely it will be Maciulis.

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
        There won't be Ulanovas and Maciulis at the same team, that's for sure. And Toupane is gone. Valinskas will be bench warmer or he will be loaned to LKL team. The roster most likely will look like this:

PG Micic, new guy, Jokubaitis
        SG Walkup, Milaknis, Valinskas
        SF Maciulis, Grigonis, Arlauskas
        PF Jankunas, White or new guy, Masiulis
        C Davies, Kavaliauskas, Birutis

Almost everything is clear now. It's either Maciulis or Ulanovas, but most likely it will be Maciulis.
        Everything is clear now? The season is not even over. Nothing is clear yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
          Everything is clear now? The season is not even over. Nothing is clear yet.
          Well, it is clear to me that:
          - Walkup will replace Udrih
          - Saras will stay
          - Birutis will replace Sajus
          - Pangos will be replaced by foreigner
          - Grigonis will replace someone on SF, it's either Ulanovas or Toupane
          - Kavaliauskas will stay

The only unknowns are:
          - is Micic smart enough to understand, that it's his chance to be leader of Saras team and next summer get contract of his life
          - is Ulanovas attractive for other EL teams
          - will White go to NBA, or stay.

Comment

- Kavaliauskas will stay
            Both Antanas Kavaliauskas and Žalgiris would be better off if Kavaliauskas goes to another team. Žalgiris doesn't need to pay that high a salary for a third string center, and Kavaliauskas would benefit from time on the floor elsewhere as opposed to time on the bench at Žalgiris.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
              Both Antanas Kavaliauskas and Žalgiris would be better off if Kavaliauskas goes to another team. Žalgiris doesn't need to pay that high a salary for a third string center, and Kavaliauskas would benefit from time on the floor elsewhere as opposed to time on the bench at Žalgiris.
              Can't agree, because A - Kavaliauskas can help Birutis if he can't adopt to EL quick enough and B foreign player would be unhappy if he needed to take 2-3 center role.

Comment

I see some of you mentioning Kalnietis. I’d love his locker-room presence, but other than that I think he would be a downgrade for the club. I could see him as the third option PG at most, but I doubt he could get significant minutes in Euroleague and I would rather see the trash time going to Jokubaitis. Maybe Šaras would find a place for him, for his size, he could play in the post, but I can’t remember him being good at that..

I also would love to see both Mačiulis and Ulanovas on the same team, though ZalgirisFanForLife says it won’t happen. ��✌�� The more local players, the better. �� Same could be said for Grigonis.

Comment

- Walkup will replace Udrih
                  - Saras will stay
                  - Birutis will replace Sajus
                  - Pangos will be replaced by foreigner
                  - Grigonis will replace someone on SF, it's either Ulanovas or Toupane
                  - Kavaliauskas will stay

The only unknowns are:
                  - is Micic smart enough to understand, that it's his chance to be leader of Saras team and next summer get contract of his life
                  - is Ulanovas attractive for other EL teams
                  - will White go to NBA, or stay.
                  Grigonis has two years remaining, very doubtful Alba Berlin will let him go. They are in the same budget category as you are and it is likely they will play Euroleague next season. You are still a Top8 borderline team and not a regular Top4 candidate. Don´t forget that and stay humble.

Comment

Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
                    Grigonis has two years remaining, very doubtful Alba Berlin will let him go. They are in the same budget category as you are and it is likely they will play Euroleague next season. You are still a Top8 borderline team and not a regular Top4 candidate. Don´t forget that and stay humble.
                    It's not about being or not being humble. According to Lithuanian press, a buy-out clause is a part of Grigonis' contract (it's a fixed amount of money that can supposedly be known by any interested party). If that's indeed the case, then Žalgiris being or not being top 4 team does not play any role as long as they are willing to pay the buy-out.
                    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

There's buyout around 100-150k. He is making only 180k per year, and Zalgiris may pay that buyout for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Miškinis View Post
                        It's not about being or not being humble. According to Lithuanian press, a buy-out clause is a part of Grigonis' contract (it's a fixed amount of money that can supposedly be known by any interested party). If that's indeed the case, then Žalgiris being or not being top 4 team does not play any role as long as they are willing to pay the buy-out.
                        How serious is the source/newspaper? Because this isn´t an issue in Germany at all. This would be an "opinion-changer": He could probably play under Jasicevicius in his home town. Alba Berlin is the best organization (based on whole staff and structure of the club, GM, Know-How, Arena, Cheerleading...) in German Basketball and Aito is an awesome coach, but this offer from Kaunas would be a No-Brainer. That should be his dream. Well, at the end it all depends on the existence of a buyout. Without a buyout-clause, I still doubt this will happen.

Comment

How serious is the source/newspaper? Because this isn´t an issue in Germany at all. This would be an "opinion-changer": He could probably play under Jasicevicius in his home town. Alba Berlin is the best organization (based on whole staff and structure of the club, GM, Know-How, Arena, Cheerleading...) in German Basketball and Aito is an awesome coach, but this offer from Kaunas would be a No-Brainer. That should be his dream. Well, at the end it all depends on the existence of a buyout. Without a buyout-clause, I still doubt this will happen.
                          I'm not sure how serious that is. Basically every single portal in Lithuania has made an article about that (e.g., link). The articles include the fact about the buyout.
                          Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Does anyone really want Jonas Maciulis to play in Zalgiris next season? I'm seeing this as so so decision at best. He's not that good any more. The fact that he's Zalgiris' dude doesn't necessary means he's a good fit at the moment. I hope Ulanovas stays and Maciulis will play else where.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Source/journalists are pretty serious, probably two most reliable in country, they never post false information. And it is their own information, their source told them that. But I am not sure is he is to replace Toupane or Ulanovas.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                                Does anyone really want Jonas Maciulis to play in Zalgiris next season? I'm seeing this as so so decision at best. He's not that good any more. The fact that he's Zalgiris' dude doesn't necessary means he's a good fit at the moment. I hope Ulanovas stays and Maciulis will play else where.
                                It's pretty much the same as with Kalnietis. There's more sentimental value to it, than the actual benefit that Zalgiris would gain from bringing them home. Though, as much as I heard, Motiejunas welcomes Kalnietis anytime, they're very good friends with Saras and I would not be surprised to see at least one of them back.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information