Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2018-2019 Asean Basketball League

Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    Although I only saw him in his later years in the abl, he was still a good player with deadly range and leadership. Im sure he was a beast back in his pba days.
    he's a journeyman in the PBA playing back up pg roles in 9 teams that he played for, a streaky shooter(likes to shoot il-advise threes) but useless when his shooting is off

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    he's a journeyman in the PBA playing back up pg roles in 9 teams that he played for, a streaky shooter(likes to shoot il-advise threes) but useless when his shooting is off
    Just shows you how different the level in PBA is

What should Alab do next? Should they start getting players outside of Dy's control? For me it's either sign the biggest PBA free agents like Carlo Lastimosa,RR Garcia,Jeric Teng reinforced with Fil-ams like Chris Ellis,Keith Jensen or prepare UAAP/NCAA stars for the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Just shows you how different the level in PBA is
    In terms of starting 5 ABL has better talent than PBA largely because of world imports,also allowing half heritage players increased the talent quite a lot for certain countries.

If anything, PBA wins from bench depth. Their 10-12th player could probably be 6-7th man in ABL.

In terms of starting 5 ABL has better talent than PBA largely because of world imports,also allowing half heritage players increased the talent quite a lot for certain countries.

If anything, PBA wins from bench depth. Their 10-12th player could probably be 6-7th man in ABL.
    I'm actually looking forward to the next PBA draft. Last year's was full of guards but hopefully the next one should have taller players

ALAB can form a strong line up with the cast of half-heritages, PBA free agents and younger imports. just work out the chemistry.. honestly i don’t like their team name “ALAB”.hehe. i like the patriots the old monicker. San Miguel Pilipinas patriots..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by tootch View Post
    ALAB can form a strong line up with the cast of half-heritages, PBA free agents and younger imports. just work out the chemistry.. honestly i don’t like their team name “ALAB”.hehe. i like the patriots the old monicker. San Miguel Pilipinas patriots..hehe
    The catch is they have to be managed by Charlie Dy.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    The catch is they have to be managed by Charlie Dy.
    and dondon monteverde.. virtual playground.. theres jared dilllinger, kevin alas and for future theres ricci rivero and ibns favorite padrigao..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

This is the first time I've heard someone called Urbiztondo a beast hehe. Anyway it's great he's got leadership skills now. I used to enjoy watching him shooting his team (Ginebra) out of games.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    This is the first time I've heard someone called Urbiztondo a beast hehe. Anyway it's great he's got leadership skills now. I used to enjoy watching him shooting his team (Ginebra) out of games.
    lol true.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    If you watched the ABL games, he can score points like crazy (At times). Obviously not starter material at his age, but he has a veteran presence and I think his the best "pure" shooter in Alab, I don't know how accurate he is back then but he makes it when it counts now. He reminds me of Gary David who I watched in the last gilas outing.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to the next PBA draft. Last year's was full of guards but hopefully the next one should have taller players
    Kai Sotto is going to be the bread and butter center for gilas in the next decade. Big man wise I dont think gilas won't have a problem in the future with guys like kai sotto, aj edu, ethan kirkness and kobe paras (For PBA and SEA games at least). Ethan is the dark horse, he seems un-athletic and uncoordinated in the clips i've seen and he plays with kids or inferior competition so I don't know if he can translate to a higher level player. But I had the same doubts with Kai till I saw him play in the u16 asia and worlds and you can't reach height.

China on the other hand are starting to have elite guards like Guo Ailun and Sun Minghui. More Chinese kids wants to be like Curry or Irving in China now then Yao. Its interesting to see how the battle will play out in the near future.

If you watched the ABL games, he can score points like crazy (At times). Obviously not starter material at his age, but he has a veteran presence and I think his the best "pure" shooter in Alab, I don't know how accurate he is back then but he makes it when it counts now. He reminds me of Gary David who I watched in the last gilas outing.
    Josh was one of those rare players who could keep BOTH teams in the game. One moment he’s torching the defense from the arc and coming up with timely steals. The next he’ll be bricking contested jumpers and have his passes picked off by opposing guards.

he will be playing in the MPBL, maybe he could be invited if Alab is looking for bigs

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    he will be playing in the MPBL, maybe he could be invited if Alab is looking for bigs

if his agent is under reyes, dy he can play for alab. if not then not gonna happen not unless we have another RP team in abl

Kai Sotto is going to be the bread and butter center for gilas in the next decade. Big man wise I dont think gilas won't have a problem in the future with guys like kai sotto, aj edu, ethan kirkness and kobe paras (For PBA and SEA games at least). Ethan is the dark horse, he seems un-athletic and uncoordinated in the clips i've seen and he plays with kids or inferior competition so I don't know if he can translate to a higher level player. But I had the same doubts with Kai till I saw him play in the u16 asia and worlds and you can't reach height.

China on the other hand are starting to have elite guards like Guo Ailun and Sun Minghui. More Chinese kids wants to be like Curry or Irving in China now then Yao. Its interesting to see how the battle will play out in the near future.
    I think Kobe will just be played at the sf position and nothing more. Like you said though, the bigs are stacked with Sotto,Edu,Go,Rike,Tamayo,Cortez,Carino etc. I just hope by 2023 China doesn't have an all 7 foot lineup yet hehe.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718