Information About Belgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information About Belgrade

So, can local guys give us information about the city, what to do, what to see, what to eat...
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

I am from Serbia,but not from Belgrade.I tell you ,what I know .Touristically,I know what you can find on Google .Temple of St Sava,who is from family of Serbian rulers,and he had important role for Serbian education. Temple is near of stadiums of Partizan and Crvena Zvezda .For visit is Kalemegdan,fortress ,above confluence of two rivers Sava and Danube.Main rule is street of Knez Mihailo .City are dirty,mostly is poor . People are too direct,and maybe undecent .Serbians are prevalently hostipeable toward strangers, except some nationalists .Belgrade Stark arena is beautiful,not so acustic.Abotu cuisine,I didnt big fan of Serbian cuisine,what to eat ,kajmak is some sort of cheese,cevap is flesh,we have solid beer ,to not advertise,you will see which have biggest prize . At generally ,culture derived many influences,approximately we are between Russians and Southern Europeans .Serbians symathized Cska because connection with Russians ,and friendly relationship with fans of Partizan,but from one part could be recognized like most power club,which Serbians dont prefer. Fenerbahce will have sympathy because Zeljko,Guduric,Kalinic and Vesely ,I suppose that Zalgiris also will have sympathy.So Real have problem ,but Doncic also have sympathy.We have also problem with authority so our counrty isnt so edited .
    Last edited by Nemanja; 04-30-2018, 05:24 PM. Reason: missed part

Comment

Any recommendations from locals on what to eat, where to go, where to drink?
      I do not want to be visiting the touristic locations...where would a Serb go to drink and eat in Belgrade?

Comment

I wrote what to eat,I am not from Belgrade,so I cant tell you about locals .

Comment

I usually check The Crazy Tourist travel guides. Though I prefer hiking and mountaineering to an average trip, but still. I've been to Serbia, but it was a trip to Novi Sad (with our Melbourne travel logic projects club).
          A few posts (hope these are helpful):
          Is there a European capital with a more turbulent history than Belgrade? At the frontier of empires and the junction of the great Danube and Sava rivers, this is one ... Read more

The capital of Serbia has a lot of interesting places to visit. On your next trip, don't miss these amazing things to do in Belgrade.
          Last edited by TerryMulhern; 03-12-2019, 12:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I hope this post will be actual.
            My friends and I booked three tours with the company- Walking tour in Belgrade, two-day trip to Western Serbia and a day-trip to Novi Sad & Sremski Karlovci.
            Every aspect of the tours was excellent, ranging from the booking experience to the tours themselves. Igor, who was our guide in Belgrade, was knowledgeable, engaging, and we benefited from his love for all things related to Serbian food. Your own opinion you can publish here.
            Darko, our second guide for the other two trips, was fun and a walking database of history, current affairs and all kinds of knowledge. Our stay on Zlatiborski and Tara mountains was perfect.
            We have enjoyed our time in Serbia tremendously and could not thank them enough .

Comment

Hello fellow Serbian IBN friends, I'd like to visit Belgrad sometime after November and I have thought maybe I can catch a Crvena Zvezda and/or Partizan game. Which month is a good time to visit Belgrade and close-by places? Are there any games I should or shouldn't aim for? I'm not in a hurry to make a plan but wanted to tentatively ask info + it would be nice to meet people from IBN when I get there.
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                Hello fellow Serbian IBN friends, I'd like to visit Belgrad sometime after November and I have thought maybe I can catch a Crvena Zvezda and/or Partizan game. Which month is a good time to visit Belgrade and close-by places? Are there any games I should or shouldn't aim for? I'm not in a hurry to make a plan but wanted to tentatively ask info + it would be nice to meet people from IBN when I get there.
                I would've loved to be your host during that time, but I will be in China until summer 2020. Anyway, here are some of my recommendations.

- January is the coldest month, also basically from Dec 31st to Jan 15th, is holiday season in Serbia and you won't be able to do much, few places work etc.
                - Depends on how long you want to stay, but what I think is a great opportunity to get some cool games is end of January. We will play Efes at home on Jan 31st, few days later you will have the derby Zvezda vs Partizan and then February 5th you will have Panathinaikos as well. You will get 3 amazing games in less than a week. Arena is always crazy when Panathinaikos comes, a lot of hatred there That could be perfect, and the tickets for all 3 shouldn't set you back much.

I am sure you will love Belgrade, once you set the dates let me know, I will send you some recommendations and events happening at that time of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                  I would've loved to be your host during that time, but I will be in China until summer 2020. Anyway, here are some of my recommendations.

- January is the coldest month, also basically from Dec 31st to Jan 15th, is holiday season in Serbia and you won't be able to do much, few places work etc.
                  - Depends on how long you want to stay, but what I think is a great opportunity to get some cool games is end of January. We will play Efes at home on Jan 31st, few days later you will have the derby Zvezda vs Partizan and then February 5th you will have Panathinaikos as well. You will get 3 amazing games in less than a week. Arena is always crazy when Panathinaikos comes, a lot of hatred there That could be perfect, and the tickets for all 3 shouldn't set you back much.

I am sure you will love Belgrade, once you set the dates let me know, I will send you some recommendations and events happening at that time of the year.
                  Much appreciated man, looks like a good start for me to set a date. I'll ask further info when/if it is certain.
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Just wanna add that if you're into history like I am, check out the Museum of Yugoslav History and Nikola Tesla Museum. And for a taste of Belgrade's nightlife, head to the famous floating clubs on the river or experience the lively atmosphere of Skadarlija at night.​
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This thread is 5 years old, but I'd love to share some information about Belgrade with you. It's a vibrant city with lots to offer! When in Belgrade, make sure to visit Kalemegdan Fortress for breathtaking views of the city and the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers. Explore Skadarlija, a bohemian quarter filled with cozy cafes and traditional Serbian restaurants. Don't miss out on trying local specialties like cevapi, rakija, and burek!"This thread is 5 years old, but I'd love to share some information about Belgrade with you. It's a vibrant city with lots to offer! When in Belgrade, make sure to visit Kalemegdan Fortress for breathtaking views of the city and the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers. Explore Skadarlija, a bohemian quarter filled with cozy cafes and traditional Serbian restaurants. Don't miss out on trying local specialties like cevapi, rakija, and burek! By the way, have you ever considered going on a Tanzania safari? If you're up for an unforgettable adventure, check out https://altezza.travel/en/tanzania-safari. They offer incredible safari experiences that will leave you in awe! Enjoy exploring and creating unforgettable memories!v"
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information