Page 143 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 2874

Thread: The Kobe Paras Thread

Quote Originally Posted by anon9000 View Post
    lol we can only hope. His best shot isn't to be a scorer but to be a utility guy. Both guys you mentioned are out of the league as they never showed they could have support no roles. Lots of scorers in AMerica but not enough support role players.

Kobe could just be a 3-6 ppg in the NBA but he if plays solid D he can make it. No one ever cared bruce bowen or shane battier didn't drop 20 a night. But they had lifetime jobs because of defending.

The one job opening always available in the NBA the past 20 years is a 6'6 guy who can shoot the 3 and defend.

Its really up to Kobe if he can accept he is never gonna be a JR Smith but more of a Devean George.
    As I previously said, Kobe can be a 3-and-D guy like Danny Green.

Both are 6'6, can shoot 3s, and defend. That's more than enough to be an effective player at the FIBA level.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    As I previously said, Kobe can be a 3-and-D guy like Danny Green.

Both are 6'6, can shoot 3s, and defend. That's more than enough to be an effective player at the FIBA level.
    If he ends up like Danny that would be best case scenario.

Danny is streaky and a bit of a space cadet but he turned it around. Pop hated and grilled him during his Spurs tenure but still played him out of need. Nothing too outrageous for Kobe to aspire. Just call chip engelland and correct his form and study tape. If he can defend the fast break like Danny and learn rotations. He can get a call up.

But that could be his ceiling if the stars aligned.
    Last edited by anon9000; 03-08-2022 at 03:19 PM.

If he ends up like Danny that would be best case scenario.

Danny is streaky and a bit of a space cadet but he turned it around. Pop hated and grilled him during his Spurs tenure but still played him out of need. Nothing too outrageous for Kobe to aspire. Just call chip engelland and correct his form and study tape. If he can defend the fast break like Danny and learn rotations. He can get a call up.

But that could be his ceiling if the stars aligned.
    Or Duncan Robinson. Not Tyler Herro as it's too much of a stretch.

Basically, a lengthy pure shooter who can defend and frustrate our opponents.

Honestly gave up on Kobe being our Bahrami. He simply doesn't have the discipline, work ethic, and dedication.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

has to stop his showbiz ways first. he looks too lazy in the B League. Likes to just wait for passes in the corners. He should move without the ball well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Or Duncan Robinson. Not Tyler Herro as it's too much of a stretch.

Basically, a lengthy pure shooter who can defend and frustrate our opponents.

Honestly gave up on Kobe being our Bahrami. He simply doesn't have the discipline, work ethic, and dedication.
    Yeah agreed, just focus on a small role and master it.

Catch and shoot 3's and playing w/ grit on defense. His weakside shot blocking and athleticism can be fully displayed on defense.

Kobe doesn't have the handles to fully utilize his speed nor can he create separation so him as any primary ball handler is a big no no. Playmaking and passing, as we have seen w/ draymond or street clothes. He should have played pg atleast in his development years to have those senses.

imagine if Kobe is still in UAAP or in the PBA. He may have the exposure, but maturity and dedication will be questioned infinitely . I think Kobe's on-going stint in the BLeague is actually doing him good and is beneficial for him in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    imagine if Kobe is still in UAAP or in the PBA. He may have the exposure, but maturity and dedication will be questioned infinitely . I think Kobe's on-going stint in the BLeague is actually doing him good and is beneficial for him in the long run.
    Props he even took the challenge and played out instead of home. Hope it works out tho

Yeah agreed, just focus on a small role and master it.

Catch and shoot 3's and playing w/ grit on defense. His weakside shot blocking and athleticism can be fully displayed on defense.

Kobe doesn't have the handles to fully utilize his speed nor can he create separation so him as any primary ball handler is a big no no. Playmaking and passing, as we have seen w/ draymond or street clothes. He should have played pg atleast in his development years to have those senses.
    PG? Lol Not gonna happen with that kind of basketball IQ.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

he would have had a shot maybe when he was in his early teens rather than doing slam dunk competitions.

As an adult, no way he ever does more than 2 assists unless he hogs the ball and gets a lot of to's. That ship has sailed for sure.

Weren't there reports of Magsanoc training him to be a PG back in HS? Whatever happened to that training

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Weren't there reports of Magsanoc training him to be a PG back in HS? Whatever happened to that training
    Mate, Magsanoc is the same guy who handled our 3x3 program last year. Look how that team performed.

I sure as hell will think twice before training with a Filipino coach if I was a 6’4+ baller in this country. I’d rather teach myself.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post

There are so many things that might have happened after that supposed Magsanoc training to now. And so many comparisons along the way. Benjie himself said he's like a 6'6 Cyrus Baguio. My personal favorite is ex UCLA coach Steve Alford telling him he's Zach Levine with a higher IQ.

Kobe had better shooting form back in high school

If Kobe Paras had the face of Barroca, he would be in the NBA right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    What? I don't see the connection? If he had the face of Barroca he won't have the endorsements and fans that he has rt now lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
    What? I don't see the connection? If he had the face of Barroca he won't have the endorsements and fans that he has rt now lmao.
    if he's not that good looking he won't have that celebrity life distractions, though he wouldn't be banging Inah Raymundo's kid. But yeah that Paras family wont have that additional revenue streams w/o those endorsements

Quote Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
    I think what live evil is trying to imply is that if Kobe P. isn't that good looking, he might have worked much harder in his game. Maybe with that good looks of his, Kobe thinks, why work that hard when I have the looks to compliment my basketball skills to be marketable?

As they say rich kids don't have to work as hard as impoverished kids.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

What i said is about kobe having to work doubly hard if you are not born with privilege and looks. Making you a much better player because you will not have so many distractions. Instead of banging celebrities, he should have worked on his game. All that athleticism gone to waste.

He is no Dennis Rodman, who could play without having slept because of parties and girls and get 15 rebounds and defend Shaq in the same game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What i said is about kobe having to work doubly hard if you are not born with privilege and looks. Making you a much better player because you will not have so many distractions. Instead of banging celebrities, he should have worked on his game. All that athleticism gone to waste.

He is no Dennis Rodman, who could play without having slept because of parties and girls and get 15 rebounds and defend Shaq in the same game.
    Kobe Paras: "doesnt matter, had sex"

This guy went down the hill fast, from being an nba prospect to possible JAV actor/onlyfans collab with AVO. wala eh he grew up in a privileged environment and his good looks also serves as a revenue stream through modeling gigs.

Once his looks fade away, his body starts deteriorating and all the booze he took starts to take its toll, he'd realized that he wasted a golden opportunity.

He's no Rodman, he's the modern day bong alvarez
    Last edited by CoJ; 08-10-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    Kobe Paras: "doesnt matter, had sex"

This guy went own the hill fast, from being an nba prospect to possible JAV actor/onlyfans collab with AVO. wala eh he grew up in a privileged environment and his good looks also serves as a revenue stream through modeling gigs.

Once his looks fade away, his body starts deteriorating and all the booze he took starts to take its toll, he'd realized that he wasted a golden opportunity.

He's no Rodman, he's the modern day bong alvarez
    Bong Alvarez was much better and had a better Basketball career too

Page 143 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144 LastLast